What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

I think the suppliers are under contract to abide by a certain schedule. If they delay the deliveries beyond a reasonable grace period I'm sure certain default clauses will apply and they will owe us lots of money. So far the T-129 production appears to be moving forward just fine though.

I'm very excited about the heavier version. Please share any info/updates if you hear anything else.

Atak-2
-New fuselage design with 6t MTOW
-T-625 rotor and transmission
-TEI TS-1400 domestic turboshaft engine
-T-129 avionics (more advanced
version)

Advantages over T-129
-Enhanced payload capacity
-Enhanced duration
-Enhanced speed
-Lower development costs
-Lower logistic cost thanks to many common systems with T-625 and new 10t utility helicopter.

Source: İsmail Demir SSM

Atak-2
version)

Advantages over T-129
-Enhanced duration
-Enhanced speed
-Lower development costs
-Lower logistic cost thanks to many common systems with T-625 and new 10t utility helicopter.

Sounds exactly like how the Italians propose to develop their new attack helicopter, based off of their AW149..

Atak-2
version)

Advantages over T-129
-Enhanced duration
-Enhanced speed
-Lower development costs

When they will start and finish this project ??

Atak-2
version)

Advantages over T-129
-Enhanced duration
-Enhanced speed
-Lower development costs

It seems to me We might achieve 90%+ local content ratio. Compare to 50%+ ratio of t129 Atak that is beyond my expectations.

Atak-2
version)

Advantages over T-129
-Enhanced duration
-Enhanced speed
-Lower development costs

Are we talking about Atak phase 2 or the new Atak project announced by Temel Kotil? Because I see 6t MTOW but Temel Kotil talked about 8 ton helicopter.

Last edited:
Domestic transmission design for Atak-2 and T-625 helicopters.

6A5D4113-9263-4594-8A3C-917A5DEDC0A9.jpeg
C426E5BC-0F8D-4351-ABDB-E3A6017145D2.jpeg

I would really appreciate if somebody could summarize clear differences between Atak-1 and Atak-2 and 8 tone version, Anka and Anka-I and few more info about that 10 tone multi-purpose helicopter. It's a bitconfusing as I'm not sure if Atak-2 and mentioned 8 tone version are same or really different helicopters.Thx

http://men.c4defence.com/Agenda/mildar-got-approval-by-ssm/4970/1

Turkey's first fire control radar working in the millimeter wave band, MILDAR, was accepted by the delegation of the Undersecretariat for Defence Industries. MILDAR, developed by METEKSAN Defence, received a positive feedback from the SSM Admissions Committee after successfully completing the flight tests.

The radar system, which takes its name from the Milimetric Wave Radar Technique Development (MILDAR) program for the specified Land Target Engagement, also enhances the attack and survivability of attack helicopters with multi-target engagement while undertaking the role of search/track and fire control radar.

After the decision on the final location of MILDAR on the T129 ATAK helicopter, integration of weapons systems and mass production activities are expected to begin.

PrevNext

I would really appreciate if somebody could summarize clear differences between Atak-1 and Atak-2 and 8 tone version, Anka and Anka-I and few more info about that 10 tone multi-purpose helicopter. It's a bitconfusing as I'm not sure if Atak-2 and mentioned 8 tone version are same or really different helicopters.Thx
https://duyguadem.wordpress.com/2017/10/04/yeni-gelistirilen-atak-helikopterinin-atak-2-ozellikleri/

This blogger described very well.
According to him:

So why is a larger helicopter needed? Defense industry researchers called Atak T129 the most active helicopter in the world; meaning that the world's most active helicopter in its class is not as effective as heavier helicopters. Larger weapon systems are always needed.
The Atak T129 can perform successfully at higher altitudes and higher temperatures than other helicopters, but it cant be used in bad weather and night operations because it does not have a millimetric wave radar. Solving this problem with Mildar was developed by Meteksan , part of the weapons was sacrificed for Mildar, but even though it was not deemed sufficient by the users, it will continue operations without Mildar. There is no doubt that this deficiency will be eliminated in the Atak-2 project. The new phenomenon for this type of radar is rotor-based positioning.

It was also stated that the payload capacity of Atak-2 will be increased. Comparing Atak T129 with AH-1 Cobra is not properly ,it would be correct to compare Atak-2 with AH-1Z SuperCobra. The maximum weight of the AH-1Z is 8400 kg while the empty weight is 5591 kg, while the maximum load capacity is 2812 kg, using a motor at 1800 shp. Accordingly, I expect that the useful load capacity of Atak-2 will be around 3000 kg. Empty weight is probably around 5 tons.
Atak T129 is an attack and survelience helicopter; Atak-2 will be completely an attack helicopter.
5741074991_4205c43bdf_o.jpg

https://duyguadem.wordpress.com/2017/10/04/yeni-gelistirilen-atak-helikopterinin-atak-2-ozellikleri/
Author :Adem Duygu

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom