What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Bro, sorry but this is an very amateurish assessment from a noob.

Defense industry researchers called Atak T129 the most active helicopter in the world; meaning that the world's most active helicopter in its class is not as effective as heavier helicopters.
B.S. assesment, it just means that it's being used extensively, most possibly because of the PKK terrorists.

Also, i have not heard, "industry researchers" (whatever that might be) claiming T129 being the most active helicopter in the world.

Solving this problem with Mildar was developed by Meteksan , part of the weapons was sacrificed for Mildar, but even though it was not deemed sufficient by the users,

Another BS, Meteksan for numerous times said that they have shown under the pylons for radars integration, so users demanded it. Also they have said that talks on going for the radar's above the rotor integration.

upload_2017-10-11_21-50-20.png

http://www.meteksan.com/media/news/TBatummsimay2016.pdf

The new phenomenon for this type of radar is rotor-based positioning.

That's not new phenomenon, it's been around since 90s.....been a quarter century...

but it cant be used in bad weather and night operations because it does not have a millimetric wave radar.
This is the uber-noob statement.....Forget T-129, even our Cobras, can fly at night and you don't need to be expert to know it, just need to remember the coup night.

More over milimeter radar is a force multiplier because if it can identify and track enemy vehicles from kilometers away and engage them with pin-point accuracy.

I'm happy that this blogger doesn't knows English, as for sure he would be the Hurşit V2.0 in our forum.

Judging by the image shown in few previous posts, T-129 is probably the smallest in its class which has its pro's and con's. Pro's being a smaller target and hardest to hit for manpads. Con's being it's limited by the amount of ammunition and weapons it can carry.

I'm also not fond of the MMW radar integration onto its wing. It should have been a mast mounted radar like the longbow, giving options to carry more weapons on wings.

Bro, sorry but this is an very amateurish assessment from a noob.

B.S. assesment, it just means that it's being used extensively, most possibly because of the PKK terrorists.

Also, i have not heard, "industry researchers" (whatever that might be) claiming T129 being the most active helicopter in the world.

Another BS, Meteksan for numerous times said that they have shown under the pylons for radars integration, so users demanded it. Also they have said that talks on going for the radar's above the rotor integration.

View attachment 430721

http://www.meteksan.com/media/news/TBatummsimay2016.pdf

That's not new phenomenon, it's been around since 90s.....been a quarter century...

This is the uber-noob statement.....Forget T-129, even our Cobras, can fly at night and you don't need to be expert to know it, just need to remember the coup night.

More over milimeter radar is a force multiplier because if it can identify and track enemy vehicles from kilometers away and engage them with pin-point accuracy.

I'm happy that this blogger doesn't knows English, as for sure he would be the Hurşit V2.0 in our forum.
I'm embarrassed :p:
But There are some facts

1:)
in bad weather conditions mildar helps
2:)
T 129 need have more payload in order not to sacrifice bigger guns with mildar.
:closed::sleep:
New urban legends have been written by me.

Judging by the image shown in few previous posts, T-129 is probably the smallest in its class which has its pro's and con's. Pro's being a smaller target and hardest to hit for manpads. Con's being it's limited by the amount of ammunition and weapons it can carry.

I'm also not fond of the MMW radar integration onto its wing. It should have been a mast mounted radar like the longbow, giving options to carry more weapons on wings.
If they put it on the top of the rotor maybe there can be performance and temperature problems. As far I can see un till now a configuration of 1xCirit launcher and 1xHydra launcher is enough for counter terrorist operations. If you add MILDAR you have one empty pylon that you can add additional weapons. That is with 4 full pylons. It is more than enough for the kind of operations that our Atak s are conducting. With the heavier version of Atak we will overcome that problem. I think the role of Atak is demanding MILDAR. MILDAR can take and can save many lives.

TURKEY ACCEPTS MİLDAR MILLIMETRIC WAVE RADAR FOR T129 ATAK

the MİLDAR can detect multiple targets, target engagement and slow and fast scanning. It has a range of 12 km and is capable of also creating a terrain profile of up to 2.5 km

-- Target detection tracking function
-- Multiple target detection
-- Slow and fast scanning
-- High angular and range resolution
-- 12 km range for target detection and tracking in slow scan mode
-- Creating a terrain profile of 2,5 km
-- System that provides real-time APRO image
-- Navigation support

Last edited by a moderator:
TURKEY ACCEPTS MİLDAR MILLIMETRIC WAVE RADAR FOR T129 ATAK

the MİLDAR can detect multiple targets, target engagement and slow and fast scanning. It has a range of 12 km and is capable of also creating a terrain profile of up to 2.5 km

-- Target detection tracking function
-- Multiple target detection
-- Slow and fast scanning
-- High angular and range resolution
-- 12 km range for target detection and tracking in slow scan mode
-- Creating a terrain profile of 2,5 km
-- System that provides real-time APRO image
-- Navigation support

I like how that last image is making its rounds on the internet...lol

I like how that last image is making its rounds on the internet...lol

It'd be funny if Roketsan sees it and goes "hey, that's a good idea!" and makes them for real :lol:

I do wish it had a T-122 launcher on top of the main rotor tho. *ahem* UkroTurk?

Old link :

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/t-12...dates-discussion.209736/page-110#post-8407245

2_d.png

Why can't they put it on TOP of the wing, so that it doesn't take up space in the weapon pylons? How much does it weigh?

Viper is Viper, AH-64 is AH-64 and ATAK is ATAK they have individual aerodynamics.
Even not possible to mast mount it.

ah-1z-viper.jpg

We tried to solve balance and vibration problem on ATAK- s with experimental "Bricks" in the tail.

Back
Top Bottom