What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Viper is Viper, AH-64 is AH-64 and ATAK is ATAK they have individual aerodynamics.
Even not possible to mast mount it.

ah-1z-viper.jpg

We tried to solve balance and vibration problem on ATAK- s with experimental "Bricks" in the tail.
Only Balance problem has solved by additional weights (bricks? wth is that) ,in EDH batch. It was a temporary solution which is removed after upgrading avionics and reduction of the component weight.
Vibration has no relation with the weights in the tail, it could have been solved by changing foundation-connection component of the engine.

Only Balance problem has solved by additional weights (bricks? wth is that) ,in EDH batch. It was a temporary solution which is removed after upgrading avionics and reduction of the component weight.
Vibration has no relation with the weights in the tail, it could have been solved by changing foundation-connection component of the engine.

I wanna quote from 2013:

"önceki ertelemelerde, "ağırlık", "denge" ve "titreşim"gibi şartnamede bulunan teknik kalibrasyonları yerine getirilmemesi etkili olmuştu. Ardından da bu şartların aşılması için sözleşme değişikliğine gidilmişti. ATAK helikopterlerinin ön tarafının arka tarafına göre daha ağır bastığı belirtiliyordu. Helikopterin dengelenmesi için arka tarafına ağırlık konulması durumunda ise teknik şartnamedeki ağırlığın üzerine çıkılıyordu."

Weight, balance and vibration problems were mentioned.
Ok, "brick " maybe not the right term; but they added 100 kg weight into the tail section;
of course it was some solid material and not "building construction brick".

You are absolute right that it was in the ErkenDuhulPhase. But this platform can't further evolved.
It has reached its limits.

I love looking at these pictures as much as the next Turk but this also kind of makes me worry. How right is it for TAI to be releasing these pictures to public? Can't these be used by our enemies to figure out the "structural weaknesses" of our choppers, where to shoot at them to take them down, etc?

I love looking at these pictures as much as the next Turk but this also kind of makes me worry. How right is it for TAI to be releasing these pictures to public? Can't these be used by our enemies to figure out the "structural weaknesses" of our choppers, where to shoot at them to take them down, etc?

''Where to shoot at them to take them down?''

With what?

???? What kind of accuracy are you expecting from these monkeys? Especially if were talking about a flying fast-moving target.
Helis aren't always fast or high flying. When they are low and slow, or hovering still like @ATALAY pointed out they can be easy prey to firearms fire. In fact even the more heavily armored Apaches have fallen victim to lucky small arms fire in Iraq and Afghanistan.

What transmission system(gearbox) does it use?

Now, standart foreign

In future

http://www.alp.com.tr/urunler

As part of Turkish Utility Helicopter program with Sikorsky, product line expansion planned towards the production of all major flight critical & dynamic components & assemblies such as gears, gear boxes, rotor hub and spindle for Black Hawk.

Back
Top Bottom