What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

If Turkey decides to go to war and commits some of its best divisions, than it won't really be a match as the Turkish Army will bulldoze and roll through. There is not a single entity in Syria that will be able to stop the Turkish Steamroller. At best, they might be able to harass Turkish axis of advancement by attacking them at their flanks, but that's about it. It does not matter if the opposition in Syria is worn out, even fresh they simply don't have the discipline, training and the necessary equipment to stop the Turkish Juggernaut.

You forget a little thing called "Russian tactical nukes". Is Turkey willing to bet that the Russians wont use them? Very risky proposition. Russian military doctrine calls for early use of tactical nukes in a European conflict, so to used them against Turkey would be even easier. Good luck.

Guys whts the name of this system and what does it do ?

The name is unknown, but this is system supposed to blind operator of ATGM.

Cae2GPgWAAAKail.png

Well if its a success, its a major achievement. As TOW missile has been a major headache for the Syrian army.

But i am still thinking how it works, as TOW is wire guided and the missile controller has to keep his eyesight at the target till the end. Since TOW has no seeker in its head, don't think the system can mess with its head, it will certainly be doing something to the operator or the sighting system which the operator uses.

And as for the video above, don't think its from militants, it seems russian system being tested.

Any videos from militants where their missiles are getting useless.

I felt the video would never have seen the light of day if that was the case. But then again anything is possible as far as leaked videos is concerned. As much as I can tell the video is from Syria.

The wires on the TOW missile is guided by painting a target by the operator. The wires then guide the missile to its target. If the laser is messed with then the wires will go where it thinks the target is painted. Again, this is just the simple answer this video tried for us to believe. Anyone with more info is more than welcome to correct this assessment. From what I can say of the crude boxes are that they are just warning systems giving the crew time to react to a laser acquisition.

SAA has captured Kinsiba, the third important terrorist stronghold in Latakia. It's great news.

Soon, Latakia will be the first province to be completely free of terrorists.

Last edited:
inb4 500 comes and posts this:
220px-Bin-laden-road-to-peace_independent.jpg

:P

great article though, the 'rebels' should give up the fight for Saudi and Turkey and help rebuild their country.
Yeah good old Robert Fisk. First was praising Bin Laden now Assad.

Well if its a success, its a major achievement. As TOW missile has been a major headache for the Syrian army.

But i am still thinking how it works, as TOW is wire guided and the missile controller has to keep his eyesight at the target till the end. Since TOW has no seeker in its head, don't think the system can mess with its head, it will certainly be doing something to the operator or the sighting system which the operator uses.

And as for the video above, don't think its from militants, it seems russian system being tested.

Xenon lights ordered on aliexpress. Good to boost morale of cannon fodder in tanks. Nothing else.

I felt the video would never have seen the light of day if that was the case. But then again anything is possible as far as leaked videos is concerned. As much as I can tell the video is from Syria.

The wires on the TOW missile is guided by painting a target by the operator. The wires then guide the missile to its target. If the laser is messed with then the wires will go where it thinks the target is painted. Again, this is just the simple answer this video tried for us to believe. Anyone with more info is more than welcome to correct this assessment. From what I can say of the crude boxes are that they are just warning systems giving the crew time to react to a laser acquisition.

Well as for videos, there are many videos of militants where they get spanked. If you see around, you will find many and with some very funny.

Below example, militants videos showing them get spanked. Just give funny syrian rebel bloopers and see the results or rebels getting blown up. Its their produced militants.

anyway on topic.

As for the TOW system, the laser in the system is only used for range finding, it has nothing to do with steering the missile to its target. So my guess is as given in above post, it does something with the eye sight of the operator. may be sends blinding laser beams back to the source to blind the operator who is then unable to control the missile.

The TOW has a xenon beacon in its rear. The launcher track that beacon and correct the flight path of the missile for hitting the target that is marked by the operator.
What this jammer does, is imitating that xenon beacon. So the launcher won't be able to find the real missile and guide it anymore.
In videos you usually see the missile as a light that is flying in the air; that light is actually the xenon or thermal beacon.
Look at this pic:
4608516365.swf

The TOW has a xenon beacon in its rear. The launcher track that beacon and correct the flight path of the missile for hitting the target that is marked by the operator.
What this jammer does, is imitating that xenon beacon. So the launcher won't be able to find the real missile and guide it anymore.
In videos you usually see the missile as a light that is flying in the air; that light is actually the xenon or thermal beacon.
Look at this pic:
4608516365.swf

The pic in your post is of a wireless / RF controlled TOW missile, which is not with the militants so far as per my understanding. Its for top attack mode. And the light you are referring to in the videos is the rocker booster of the missile.

Oil was also 50 in October 2015, now its 30 thats the reason for ruble decline,
Saudi Rial is not falling meanwhile.

and I told a another member ruble can go 100 to a dollar but still won't save your beloved rebels.
Rebels are not "my beloved". Bulk of rebel force belong to Muslim Brotherhood same as Hamas u invited to Kremlin:

RTR1MVPV.jpg

I simply disgusted by Nazi methods used by Assadists:

1) Calling people rats, cannibals etc just for standing against corrupt dictator.
2) Indiscriminate bombing.
3) Gassing.
4) Staving.
etc etc.

I am disgusted that history is repeating itself and world watches still when such crimes against humanity are happening for 5 years in row.

But if u think all these crimes will help Assad regime, u are wrong. He will follow the same fate as Najibullah.

The pic in your post is of a wireless / RF controlled TOW missile, which is not with the militants so far as per my understanding. Its for top attack mode. And the light you are referring to in the videos is the rocker booster of the missile.
Yeah, the pic is from a TOW-2B but the TOW-1 has the same beacon. The boosters of the TOW are on its sides.
You can see the beacon of an Iranian Toophan (TOW-1) here:
IMG_20160218_142456.jpg

If you make a search about the BGM-71 guidance method, you'll see what I said.

Any TOW (wireless - not wireless, top attack or not) is using xenon beacons for guidance.

That thingy has two problems:

1) Its too weak. Look at how big are Shtora jammers.
2) Beacon signal of TOW--2 is coded.

If u could disrupt ATGMs with aliexpres xenon lights, all militaries in the world would use it.

You forget a little thing called "Russian tactical nukes". Is Turkey willing to bet that the Russians wont use them? Very risky proposition. Russian military doctrine calls for early use of tactical nukes in a European conflict, so to used them against Turkey would be even easier. Good luck.

First of all, i was talking about combatants fighting on the Ground. There is no Fighting Group on the Ground that can challenge the Turkish Army on the battlefield.

Second, i have my sincere doubts if the Russians will lob a tactical nuke because their Conventional Missiles are strong enough to lay more damage than a tactical nuke would. Russian Strategic Rocket Forces is by far the most deadliest arm of the Russian Armed Forces. They are extremely well trained, disciplined and armed with the most lethal conventional and unconventional missiles in the world. This was the only Arm that was spared of the rust that plagued the Russian Armed Forces in the 90's. They have been training and perfecting their Art for the last 50 years, besides the US no one even comes close to their experience. NATO does not fear the Russian Army, Air Force or Navy but they do sure fear this Arm of the Russian Armed Forces. Within minutes, they can launch overwhelming conventional missile firepower on any enemy and literally render them useless. This group can render every Turkish Air and Naval Base useless because of the firepower they can bring with deadly accuracy. There's a reason why the Turks or NATO did not escalate after the shooting down of SU25 because they know what destruction this Force can bring to Turkey.

First of all, i was talking about combatants fighting on the Ground. There is no Fighting Group on the Ground that can challenge the Turkish Army on the battlefield.

Second, i have my sincere doubts if the Russians will lob a tactical nuke because their Conventional Missiles are strong enough to lay more damage than a tactical nuke would. Russian Strategic Rocket Forces is by far the most deadliest arm of the Russian Armed Forces. They are extremely well trained, disciplined and armed with the most lethal conventional and unconventional missiles in the world. This was the only Arm that was spared of the rust that plagued the Russian Armed Forces in the 90's. They have been training and perfecting their Art for the last 50 years, besides the US no one even comes close to their experience. NATO does not fear the Russian Army, Air Force or Navy but they do sure fear this Arm of the Russian Armed Forces. Within minutes, they can launch overwhelming conventional missile firepower on any enemy and literally render them useless. This group can render every Turkish Air and Naval Base useless because of the firepower they can bring with deadly accuracy. There's a reason why the Turks or NATO did not escalate after the shooting down of SU25 because they know what destruction this Force can bring to Turkey.

Precisely because there is no Fighting Group on the Ground that can challenge the Turkish Army on the battlefield, it would be very easy for the Russians to go with tactical nukes.

Yes, the Russians have very strong conventional ballistic forces, I can see Iskander missiles getting deployed to Syria very easily, but again, a tactical nuke talks very loudly and takes care of business very fast and like I said, it is part of their tactical doctrine to use them fist and in the early stages of a conflict and one of the reasons for that its because it will force an opponent to stand down and deescalate or negotiate, which is something that applies to the situation in Syria very well if Turkey attacks.

Anyway, my point is that Turkey is playing a very dangerous game and they can get hurt very badly if they miscalculate.

Back
Top Bottom