What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Now you are denying the whole thing. No problem, I shouldn't have expected something else from you. The day that I will 'burn' by something 'you' say is the day that I will leave this forum forever. You can be sure of that. I just didn't want you to waste my time reading your posts and now that you decided to stay obsessed, it's your choice.

Even better. If ISIS has killed him, it means Ashrar al-Sham will retaliate and they will kill a big number of each other again which is amazing. Hopefully, what you say is true and ISIS is actually responsible.
Well buddy, u want it or not, as much as I dont like seeing u guys issuing fatwas, and beings judges of hell and heaven goes. Unfortunately I still have to read it, as it is there, u quote me or not. Same goes for you. I quote u or dont quote u it will be there.
I dont understand ur animosity though, I have made up my mind that u have a biased agenda, and will not care for what ever human suffering is there for as long as it is not of those who u care for. If ur heart is blind I really cant do much about it. Enjoy ur life. And as for the me denial thing goes, I am not u buddy boy, I never promised u a thing, we agreed in substance to not quote each other for as long as we didnt have anything to say. But apparently u cant even take a joke.

The Syrian Army continues to liberate several strategic regions near the Deir ez-Zor military airport of militants.

Government forces have made major advances and regained control over several heights in the al-Tahrda Mountains, east of Deir ez-Zor military airport, after carrying out an attack on Daesh (Islamic State) positions on Monday.

Some 11 Daesh terrorists were killed in the attack and several others were injured.

1031453508.jpg

It was earlier reported that the army continued to advance near the strategic hill of Kroum in the vicinity of the airport after it repelled an attack by Daesh militants.

The Syrian Army engaged in clashes with Daesh in al-Jafreh village in the province of Deir ez-Zor, having killed and injured a group of militants, a military source told FARS News.

Aircraft of the Syrian Air Force carried out bombing strikes on militants’ positions in al-Hwaiqa neighborhood in the city of Deir ez-Zor.

Deir ez-Zor was once a Daesh stronghold but now the Syrian Army and popular forces backed by Russian airstrikes have left no safe place for the militants in the province.

Read more: Syrian Army Liberates Key Areas Near Deir ez-Zor Military Airport

Residents of besieged Syrian town say they are being starved to death
Activists in Madaya, where 30,000 people have been trapped in since July, tell of how families are eating leaves to survive

480.jpg

Image of a young child supplied by activists in the Syrian town of Madaya, which is under siege by forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad.
Kareem Shaheen in Beirut and Emma Graham-Harrison

Residents of a Syrian town a few dozen miles from the capital, Damascus, say they are dying of starvation as a result of a months-long siege by forces loyal to the government of Bashar al-Assad.

Families are eating leaves, grasses and water flavoured with spices in the town of Madaya, where rice is sold by the gram because a kilogram costs as much as $250 (£170). Some have killed and eaten their pets.

“People are dying in slow motion,” said Louay, a social worker from the town told the Guardian in a phone interview, his voice weakened by months of abject hunger. “We had some flowers growing in pots at home. Yesterday, we picked the petals and ate them, but they were bitter, awful.”

He sent pictures of emaciated bodies of several elderly men, recent casualties of the starvation. He had not taken the pictures himself, but said the men were well known in the town.

“We used to say nobody could ever die from hunger, but we have seen people actually die of hunger.”

468.jpg

A boy being pushed in a buggy in Madaya. Activists say many people in town are too weak to walk.
Other activists inside the town also shared pictures of starving children, one being pushed in a buggy far too small for him because he is too weak to walk.

Others who can still move around, and should normally be in school, are risking their lives trying to collect plants in minefields around the town’s outskirts, and several have lost limbs, residents said.

It was not possible to verify their claims because of the siege, but several independent accounts were consistent in describing life in a town desperately short of food, medicine and electricity.

“Whether you are a man, woman, child, whether you’re 70 or 20 years old, you will have lost about 15kg of your weight,” said Ebrahem Abbass, a defector who had served as a sergeant in the Syrian army. “You don’t see a child whose eyes aren’t sunken and staring from hunger.”

Up to 30,000 people have been trapped in Madaya since July, under a tight siege by pro-government forces. They say they are being treated as pawns in a complicated power play, punished for the suffering of two villages hundreds of miles away at the hand of anti-government troops.

In the spring of last year, a rebel coalition known as Jaysh al-Fateh captured large swaths of north-western Syria from the Assad regime, surrounding two Shia enclaves in Idlib province called Fua and Kefraya, whose citizens are also enduring a debilitating siege.

Assad’s forces are now starving Madaya and neighbouring Zabadani, once a stronghold of the opposition, after a punishing six-month campaign.

Under a ceasefire deal, foreign backers of the government and the opposition are attempting to orchestrate a population swap, essentially a peaceful “sectarian cleansing”.

So far they have only managed to agree on an evacuation of wounded individuals on both sides and safe passage for a single aid delivery in October.

That allowed convoys to reach Madaya, Zabadani, Fua and Kefraya simultaneously, but supplies only lasted a few days, residents said.

“I swear by God, and you might not believe me because it sounds fantastical, I tried to buy some food today, but a kilo of rice is 100,000 [Syrian] pounds,” said Louay. “A kilo of rice, bulgur, lentil, sugar – 100,000, 100,000, 100,000. That is if you can find it.”

At the black market exchange rate that would be close to £170 for rice.

“I’ve personally seen people slaughtering cats to eat them, and even the trees have been stripped of leaves now,” he added.

People are so weak that they often faint, and hunger is made worse by the biting cold in an area about 1,300 metres above sea level, near the border with Lebanon.

Though a wooded hill is nearby, snipers have a clear shot, and residents said more than a dozen people had been killed trying to retrieve firewood. They also said children had lost limbs trying to gather grass to eat from nearby fields.

“They blocked all the roads to both towns, and there are a lot of mines,” said one teacher in Madaya, who did not want to give his name because of relatives in areas under government control. “There is no way to explain, the students are always complaining they are hungry, but they have to study.”

An aid official who visited Madaya and Zabadani in October as part of the convoy said he saw “deep suffering”.

“There was a very dramatic appeal from the children in those two places, and the same dramatic appeal from Fua and Kefraya,” he said. “The children should not be suffering.”

The official said he hoped for more agreements to deliver aid. But for now, the people in all the besieged towns suffer in a tragedy that is not of their making.

“Here, we no longer call on anyone,” said Louay. “We have called for help so many times and nobody has heard us. But we want to ask the officials and decision-makers out there, if you were in this position, and your children were dying from hunger in front of you, what would be your reaction to the world outside that let you down? Don’t forget to ask your readers this question.”

All they did against Israel in 10 years is firing one rocket at jeep (that's after Israel eliminated an Iranian general and 6 top Hezies). Meanwhile they slaughtered thousands and thousands of Syrians and starved hundreds of thousands.

You fired a rocket they fired a rocket ... You forgot that your 1st goal in 2006 war was destroying this group ... and still after 10 years they are out there 100s times stronger than 2006 ..

bbc-blocks-dark.png

Islamic State militant 'executes own mother' in Raqqa
  • 3 hours ago
_87562138_87562134.jpg

Image copyrightAP The killing was reportedly carried out in the Syrian town of Raqqa

An Islamic State militant carried out a public "execution" of his mother because she asked him to leave the group, activists say.

Ali Saqr, 21, killed his mother, Lena al-Qasem, 45, outside the post office in Raqqa, Syria, eyewitnesses said.

Raqqa has served as IS' de facto capital since the group captured the city in August 2013.

IS does not tolerate any dissent and imposes brutal punishments, often carried out in public.

The UK-based monitoring group, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) and the activist group Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently reported the incident.

Lena al-Qasem had reportedly told her son that the US-led military alliance fighting IS would "wipe out" the group, and tried to convince him to leave the city with her.

Her son is then said to have informed the group of her comment, and they ordered her killing.

Ali Saqr is reported to have shot her outside the post office where she worked, in front of hundreds of people.

IS, a jihadist group which follows its own extreme version of Sunni Islam, took over large parts of Iraq and Syria in 2014.

Since then the group has killed more than 2,000 people for reasons including homosexuality, and for the alleged practice of magic and apostasy, according to the SOHR.

You fired a rocket they fired a rocket ...
We fired many many rockets. Sending to hell many hezie terrorists. They reacted only once when we killed an Iranian general.

You forgot that your 1st goal in 2006 war was destroying this group ...
No it was not. War 2006 was started by Hezbollah to return Shabaa Farms. They failed miserably.

and still after 10 years they are out there 100s times stronger than 2006 ..
Strong in killing Syrians? Yeah.

We fired many many rockets. Sending to hell many hezie terrorists. They reacted only once when we killed an Iranian general.

No it was not. War 2006 was started by Hezbollah to return Shabaa Farms. They failed miserably.

Strong in killing Syrians? Yeah.

Nothing new as I stated before the aggressor is you .. they captured some israle solders in order to exchange prisoners and you started the war ... I told you before go and read Winograd report to see who won ...

11. Overall, we regard the 2nd Lebanon war as a serious missed opportunity. Israel initiated a long war, which ended without its clear military victory. A semi-military organization of a few thousand men resisted, for a few weeks, the strongest army in the Middle East, which enjoyed full air superiority and size and technology advantages. The barrage of rockets aimed at Israel's civilian population lasted throughout the war, and the IDF did not provide an effective response to it. The fabric of life under fire was seriously disrupted, and many civilians either left their home temporarily or spent their time in shelters. After a long period of using only standoff fire power and limited ground activities, Israel initiated a large scale ground offensive, very close to the Security Council resolution imposing a cease fire. This offensive did not result in military gains and was not completed. These facts had far-reaching implications for us, as well as for our enemies, our neighbors, and our friends in the region and around the world.

And on killing people :

IDF Commander: We Fired More Than a Million Cluster Bombs in Lebanon

You fired a rocket they fired a rocket ... You forgot that your 1st goal in 2006 war was destroying this group ... and still after 10 years they are out there 100s times stronger than 2006 ..
Our goal never was to eliminate Hezbollah, our goal has always been not to shoot missiles at us, after the Second Lebanon War we have achieved the goal.
No more no less.

Nothing new as I stated before the aggressor is you ..
LOL u are a funnt guy. Here the text of UN Sec Council resolution 1701:

“Expressing its utmost concern at the continuing escalation of hostilities in Lebanon and in Israel since Hizbollah’s attack on Israel on 12 July 2006, which has already caused hundreds of deaths and injuries on both sides, extensive damage to civilian infrastructure and hundreds of thousands of internally displaced persons,

www.un.org/press/en/2006/sc8808.doc.htm

This resolution was unanimously adopted by UN, and unanimously adopted by Lebanese government as well. Keep watching Press TV. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom