What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

too many peoples die already divide Syria is the best way one is Assad and the other terrorist opposition rebel what ever they are called
Great Idea but who get the area under control of Isis . another question who is gonna make turkey to agree to a Kurdish country just at its border.
What if in a Sunni city people want to live under Assad rule?

What is it with those Druze? They are changing sides constantly. They seem like real opportunists although I know that they are divided among themselves as well. I got nothing against them as people but they would do wisely and start to cooperate with the Jordanian government and turn against the Al-Assad regime completely. They would win a lot by doing that. If they continue their support (or fractions among them) they will have everything to lose once the inevitable happens and Al-Assad will lose the control of Damascus and eventually most if not all of Syria. From what I recall most are living next to the Jordanian border and Southern Syria in general. How is Jordan dealing with them? And do you really think that Israel are willing to help them just because some Druze in Israel/occupied Palestine are allied with the Israeli regime?

I stopped following their role in the conflict as they are changing horses all the time. One day they are allies the next day they are fighting against the Al-Assad regime. Reminds me of the Houthi's and Saleh in Yemen today. After being enemies for 20 years and fighting against each other they are now "best buddies".:crazy::lol:
From what I know there are top IDF officials who are Druze and many Israeli servicemen are Druze as well. They are indeed opportunists and I would bet their only real loyalties lie with their ethnicity (the Druze nation if you will), and that's actually not such a dumb strategy.

I don't think Jordan has any dealings with them. Jordan has offered some Syrian tribes ammunition and other help due to historical relations with them, but they're all Arab I think, and some tribes actually rejected Jordanian support (their loss). The Druze may eventually become Jordan's enemies. Jordan's government has said they will oppose any solution that divides Syria, even more so if the division will be right on the border. So imagine if the Druze take the Kurdish route of independence? There'll be interesting developments down the line..

Oh and it's important to note that these developments are due to Assad's handling of peaceful opposition in Druze communities. In true Assad style, he over reacted and killed his opponents without thinking of consequences.

Last edited:
From what I know there are top IDF officials who are Druze and many Israeli servicemen are Druze as well. They are indeed opportunists and I would bet their only real loyalties lie with their ethnicity (the Druze nation of you will), and that's actually not such a dumb strategy.

I don't think Jordan has any dealings with them. Jordan has offered some Syrian tribes ammunition and other help due to historical relations with them, but they're all Arab I think, and some tribes actually rejected Jordanian support (their loss). The Druze may eventually become Jordan's enemies. Jordan's government has said they will oppose any solution that divides Syria, even more so if the division will be right on the border. So imagine if the Druze take the Kurdish route of independence? There'll be interesting developments down the line..

Thanks for that explanation bro.

No, I don't blame them for being opportunists (read caring for themselves as a small minority) but one day they will burn their hands badly by such behavior. Maybe the recent murder of one of their leaders will turn most of them anti-regime. There should be no problems between them and the Syrian opposition in Southern Syria. An opposition that IMO should be supported much more but it's easier said than done as that part of Syria is heavily militarized and the Golan Heights are not far away either.

I agree. I am not in favor of any divisions of any Arab country unless absolutely necessary. There is no need for Syria to be divided just like there is IMO no need for Iraq or Yemen to be divided. That will just potentially kickstart a domino effect and more conflict.

I really doubt that a Druze homeland will ever occur. They are simply a too small minority overall. 2-3 million people in total in Sham. Maybe they could get autonomy down the line in the Jabal al-Druze region but that's about it IMO.

Thanks for that explanation bro.

No, I don't blame them for being opportunists (read caring for themselves as a small minority) but one day they will burn their hands badly by such behavior. Maybe the recent murder of one of their leaders will turn most of them anti-regime. There should be no problems between them and the Syrian opposition in Southern Syria. An opposition that IMO should be supported much more but it's easier said than done as that part of Syria is heavily militarized and the Golan Heights are not far away either.

I agree. I am not in favor of any divisions of any Arab country unless absolutely necessary. There is no need for Syria to be divided just like there is IMO no need for Iraq or Yemen to be divided. That will just potentially kickstart a domino effect and more conflict.

I really doubt that a Druze homeland will ever occur. They are simply a too small minority overall. 2-3 million people in total in Sham. Maybe they could get autonomy down the line in the Jabal al-Druze region but that's about it IMO.
I agree to some extent, but with Iraq, don't you think separation wouldn't be so bad? At the very least a confederacy which has autonomous states (South, North, and Kurdistan) but still have a small centralized government. Official Jordan opposes this also but I think it's actually necessary in Iraq because the biggest reason that Iraqis join daesh is because they don't see a good alternative in the Iraqi government. If they saw that they could govern themselves they would surely choose that instead.

In Syria, it's essential that it remains one country, while in Yemen something like a federation may be called for in the near future, similar to the Russian federation which has autonomous regions but also a strong centralized government. Republics of Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What do you think about this?

I agree regarding the Druze, they are too small a minority and they know it.

I agree to some extent, but with Iraq, don't you think separation wouldn't be so bad? At the very least a confederacy which has autonomous states (South, North, and Kurdistan) but still have a small centralized government. Official Jordan opposes this also but I think it's actually necessary in Iraq because the biggest reason that Iraqis join daesh is because they don't see a good alternative in the Iraqi government. If they saw that they could govern themselves they would surely choose that instead.

In Syria, it's essential that it remains one country, while in Yemen something like a federation may be called for in the near future, similar to the Russian federation which has autonomous regions but also a strong centralized government. Republics of Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What do you think about this?

I agree regarding the Druze, they are too small a minority and they know it.

Iraq might be the only exception along with Yemen. It's debatable because you can always go to the next level once country x or y has been divided along sectarian or ethnic divides. Since I have relatives in Iraq on my father's side I follow Iraqi media and events there on a weekly basis (or at least I try to) and you might not be aware of this but for instance there are certain politicians in Basra who want to have autonomy as most of their oil goes to other areas of Iraq while the most oil and gas rich area of Iraq (second biggest city too mind you) remains largely impoverished. What about Anbar where you have pro and anti-Daesh tribes? Some opportunistic individuals might want their old emirates back (Dulaim etc.). There are a lot of dangers. I will let the Iraqis who live in Iraq decide that. All I can say is that it would be a bad thing for the region if the Arab part of Iraq was divided into a Shia and Sunni Arab part of Sunnistan or Shiastan. That would just be the confirmation of all the ills that we don't want to see becoming victorious. Also if that occurred you will likely see Syria being divided too. What's next after that?

I don't have any problem with autonomous regions at all personally but they mostly are limited to distinct areas in terms of ethnicity in the West + Russia. I don't see a logic in why an Iraqi Sunni Arab from Adhamiyah (Western Baghdad) should live in a different country than an Iraqi Shia Arab from Sadr City in Baghdad.

I say this also because (most people probably already know this here) I am against more divisions in the Arab world. We need the exact opposite.

For instance KSA being the 12th biggest country on the planet and quite diverse in terms of historical regions could potentially be made into several entities again. Is that worth it? Not at all. Esepcially not as Arabia is already divided into 7 countries. 8 if you include Jordan.

Of course the number of nation states is not that important again if you live in a region that is highly integrated such as Europe (EU) but that's unfortunately not the case in the Arab world and that's why, despite not liking everything that the regimes of the GCC are doing, I am a big fan of the GCC as a model.

After the Druze protests against Assad, regime assassinated a popular Druze leader. Now Druze are protesting even more and flying the revolution flag. Oh how things can change in an instant.
They also destroyed a Hafez statue.
COFTsyrUwAAw181.jpg

So which side is Walid Jumblatt on this time around?:lol:

Jokes aside, very welcoming news as written before.

Rebels have taken Tall al Khirbah in the Fua'a & Kefarya enclave. This will allow them to shoot convoys passing between the two towns

In the latest Daesh assault on Mare', they lost 60 fighters and 2 were captured. Rebels lost 20 fighters.

And here's a guy who was hosted on state media. Obviously pro-Assad.
COFmHEmUkAAG2CV.jpg:large

And here, an Israeli newspaper saying basically the same thing:
COFFNXaWoAA9v2Z.png:large

That white Europeans are the victims.

Last edited:
Your criticism of Islamists is invalid and rejected. Islamists never had a fair chance to rule when getting to power through legal means. Gaza Israel besieged the strip making it impossible to judge Hamas's rule

Couldn't we judge it by what they did before there was a blockade?

They killed dozens of their political rivals by throwing them from rooftops just as ISIS are doing to their victims.

You say that the poor, innocent Islamists just don't get a chance, when the first thing Hamas did after being elected was slaughter their opposition.

That's Islamist rule.

I have to laugh at a yankee doodle dandy sitting comfortably in Dearborn, barely able to grow a beard as it's still just fluff at your young age -whilst you espouse Islamist ideas and tell true middle easterners how they should live.

How are ISIS performing for your liking? good or bad? do you like their manifesto? or are they also victims of a global conspiracy to stop poor Islamists ruling?

You're a joke.

Iraq might be the only exception along with Yemen. It's debatable because you can always go to the next level once country x or y has been divided along sectarian or ethnic divides. Since I have relatives in Iraq on my father's side I follow Iraqi media and events there on a weekly basis (or at least I try to) and you might not be aware of this but for instance there are certain politicians in Basra who want to have autonomy as most of their oil goes to other areas of Iraq while the most oil and gas rich area of Iraq (second biggest city too mind you) remains largely impoverished. What about Anbar where you have pro and anti-Daesh tribes? Some opportunistic individuals might want their old emirates back (Dulaim etc.). There are a lot of dangers. I will let the Iraqis who live in Iraq decide that. All I can say is that it would be a bad thing for the region if the Arab part of Iraq was divided into a Shia and Sunni Arab part of Sunnistan or Shiastan. That would just be the confirmation of all the ills that we don't want to see becoming victorious. Also if that occurred you will likely see Syria being divided too. What's next after that?

I don't have any problem with autonomous regions at all personally but they mostly are limited to distinct areas in terms of ethnicity in the West + Russia. I don't see a logic in why an Iraqi Sunni Arab from Adhamiyah (Western Baghdad) should live in a different country than an Iraqi Shia Arab from Sadr City in Baghdad.

I say this also because (most people probably already know this here) I am against more divisions in the Arab world. We need the exact opposite.

For instance KSA being the 12th biggest country on the planet and quite diverse in terms of historical regions could potentially be made into several entities again. Is that worth it? Not at all. Esepcially not as Arabia is already divided into 7 countries. 8 if you include Jordan.

Of course the number of nation states is not that important again if you live in a region that is highly integrated such as Europe (EU) but that's unfortunately not the case in the Arab world and that's why, despite not liking everything that the regimes of the GCC are doing, I am a big fan of the GCC as a model.

So which side is Walid Jumblatt on this time around?:lol:

Jokes aside, very welcoming news as written before.
Jumblatt urges Druze revolt in Syria | News , Lebanon News | THE DAILY STAR

You asked lol

Putin: People flee from Syria because of ISIS, not Assad regime — RT News

“Of course, we know that there are different approaches to Syria. By the way, people are running away not from the regime of Bashar Assad, but from Islamic State, which seized large areas in Syria and Iraq, and are committing atrocities there. That is what they are escaping from," RIA Novosti quoted Vladimir Putin as saying on the sidelines of the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok.

DRUZES IN SUWEIDA DECLARED INDEPENDENCE.

This comes after Druzes assaulted regime buildings and killed and took hostages of regime thugs.

Btw this is the news posted in SANA twitter account, while Assad is losing Sweida.

image.jpg

Hasani banned again, are you kidding me? o_O

And I'll put money down that that Iranian troll didn't get banned....it's getting old. :rolleyes:
He scares me. I mean he scares me that one day he will flip and shoot some Americans in the name of Jihad.

Yeah, I'm gonna shoot Americans over something related to Israel. :lol:

You live in a fantasy world where Israel and America are one body, you are a completely separate entity. I on other hand, unlike you am an proud American that buys American, dresses American, drives American, eats American and hooks up with American. :lol:

Meanwhile American Jews are distancing themselves from Israel's radical policies, and the ones who don't are under lots of pressure and intimidated. We are taking over your investments, taking over your plazas, bulding plazas next to yours so you lose business, and within 15 years you're going to become insignificant politically. Everything goings smoothly, not a single duck needs to be shot out of the sky. :laugh:

Updated: September 5, 2015 19:44 IST
Missing Turkish soldier seen in IS hands, says daily - The Hindu

The soldier vanished and another was killed in cross-border shooting with IS fighters on Tuesday near the Turkish town of Kilis, close to Syrian territory in IS control.
A Turkish soldier who went missing this week on the border with Syrian territory controlled by Islamic State (IS) has been seen in a hospital run by the militants, Hurriyet newspaper reported on Saturday.

If confirmed, the soldier’s capture would be a major problem for Turkey, after it stepped up military action against the IS in July, opening its air bases to U.S.-led coalition war planes and launching air strikes.

The soldier vanished and another was killed in cross-border shooting with IS fighters on Tuesday near the Turkish town of Kilis, close to Syrian territory that has been under IS control for months.

Wounded in the foot

According to security sources citing intelligence reports, Hurriyet Daily News reported that the soldier had been wounded in the foot and was taken by militants to a hospital under their control close to the Syrian city of Aleppo. Turkish officials declined to comment.

Late last month, the IS released a video accusing Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of “treachery,” and urged Turks to rise up against him.

Not the first time

This would not be the first time the IS has held Turkish hostages. Last year 46 Turks, including senior diplomats, were kept captive for more than three months before being released.

They were freed at a time when Ankara was still being reluctant to engage in efforts to stop IS's spread, a policy it changed in July.

Problem for Erdogan

The timing of the capture is also politically problematic for Mr. Erdogan and his AK Party, which is preparing for a second election in November after losing its parliamentary majority in a June vote.

Polls have consistently showed little appetite amongst Turks for greater involvement in the Middle-East conflagration, and this incident will likely be leapt upon by Mr. Erdogan's opponents, who are strongly critical of his foreign policy.

You live in a fantasy world where Israel and America are one body, you are a completely separate entity. I on other hand, unlike you am an proud American that buys American, dresses American, drives American, eats American and hooks up with American. :lol:

And supports ISIS.

Is that American?

Back
Top Bottom