What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

ISIS are sending 1,500 elite forces to storm Mare'. No way rebels can hold this off without foreign support. Liwa Sultan Murad alone lost 56 fighters along the entire Northern Aleppo front. Whenever rebels launch attack vs regime in Aleppo ISIS attack rebels.

In other news, regime received Egyptian made missiles (probably Grads) and used them on Zabadani before the ceasefire.
egyptmissile.png

@Frogman @Hell NO

We've discussed this before, the pictures could be old. I know that we came to conclusion they were old stocks at time of Arab Israeli wars. But is it possible to maintain them to this day?

@Dr.Thrax

You see I agree Sisi views Assad regime as lesser evil and prefers his government to remain in power. But I don't understand why get rockets from Egypt when Russia mass produces better ones or even Iran?

ISIS are sending 1,500 elite forces to storm Mare'. No way rebels can hold this off without foreign support. Liwa Sultan Murad alone lost 56 fighters along the entire Northern Aleppo front. Whenever rebels launch attack vs regime in Aleppo ISIS attack rebels.
Any proof for that number? By 1500, they can capture many areas in north, of course without airstrikes of coaltion. It's no secret that IS terrorists fight better than any other group in Syria (except Hezbollah) and the primary reason is not only their tactics, but the fact that they are nutjobs and not afraid of death. Also, their VBIEDs help them greatly in battles. But it is possible to hunt them in great numbers of an area is defended properly and defenders don't flee, just like besieged Kweires airbase which has became a mass grave of IS terrorists for 2 years.

In other news, regime received Egyptian made missiles (probably Grads) and used them on Zabadani before the ceasefire.
egyptmissile.png

Give me one single reason why SAA should buy crappy Grads from Egypt while it has factories producing all kinds of missiles and mortars?

Any proof for that number? By 1500, they can capture many areas in north, of course without airstrikes of coaltion. It's no secret that IS terrorists fight better than any other group in Syria (except Hezbollah) and the primary reason is not only their tactics, but the fact that they are nutjobs and not afraid of death. Also, their VBIEDs help them greatly in battles. But it is possible to hunt them in great numbers of an area is defended properly and defenders don't flee, just like besieged Kweires airbase which has became a mass grave of IS terrorists for 2 years.

Give me one single reason why SAA should buy crappy Grads from Egypt while it has factories producing all kinds of missiles and mortars?
It's the same force that is stationed in Tabqa and was used all over Syria & Iraq for breakthroughs. They mostly had previous military experience, and were probably former Iraqi ba'athists. IS doesn't fight better than rebels, rebels are better trained. IS just picks fights with rebels where they are already fighting regime, forcing forces to be diverted. Hezbollah aren't some great god-like fighters, a dozen die every day in Zabadani. Some experts estimate 10% of Hezbollah's active fighting forces are in or have died in Syria, which makes sense considering their losses. VBIEDs are the main loss of life for rebels, since they don't shoot at every car that comes on the highways. Unfortunately ISIS often hide among civilians, or use human shields as well, and rebels can't do anything about that. Rebels know how to defend positions, they killed 50 IS fighters in Mare' alone, the problem is counterattacking, but they don't have the forces to do that since 1 day before ISIS launched their offensive rebels launched an offensive to take Bashkoy. They had to drop that and focus on defense yet again.
Kwereis barely sees any fighting, and IS recently stormed it taking some buildings. IS are more focused on killing rebels than Assadists.

SAA didn't buy them, they were gifted. I also never heard of SAA making its own grads, just the WS-1 Khaibars.

@Frogman @Hell NO

We've discussed this before, the pictures could be old. I know that we came to conclusion they were old stocks at time of Arab Israeli wars. But is it possible to maintain them to this day?

@Dr.Thrax

You see I agree Sisi views Assad regime as lesser evil and prefers his government to remain in power. But I don't understand why get rockets from Egypt when Russia mass produces better ones or even Iran?
Russia and Iran still supply Assad w/ rockets that aren't the most advanced, with 20 km or so range. Sisi has been increasing ties recently with Assad and views him as part of the "anti-IS" strategy. This could be a gesture to get them to co-operate more closely.

I'm confused.
That ship has sailed, my friend.

The Middle East (at least a significant part of it) is already several centuries back than the rest of the world with the exception of parts of Africa and North Korea.

egyptmissile.png
Isis doesn't have elite forces, just deluded and suicidle people with guns. Their strategy is to exhaust the enemy with massive amounts of fighters at a consistent rate while suffering heavy losses, but they don't care because they go to heaven and get virgins and rivers of non-alcoholic wine. They also booby trap any areas they get a hold of if they expect to lose them so they kill more enemies. Of course, with zero regard to civilian casualties. And thus far, their enemies haven't been very organized or well armed which is why their strategy works.

The Middle East (at least a significant part of it) is already several centuries back than the rest of the world with the exception of parts of Africa and North Korea.

Isis doesn't have elite forces, just deluded and suicidle people with guns. Their strategy is to exhaust the enemy with massive amounts of fighters at a consistent rate while suffering heavy losses, but they don't care because they go to heaven and get virgins and rivers of non-alcoholic wine. They also booby trap any areas they get a hold of if they expect to lose them so they kill more enemies. Of course, with zero regard to civilian casualties. And thus far, their enemies haven't been very organized or well armed which is why their strategy works.
ISIS does have elite forces. You have to remember, many of these people are former Iraqi ba'athists, who had plenty of combat experience vs. Iran and US, which while they got a whooping the 2nd and 3rd wars, combat experience is still combat experience. Some of them were also former foreign troops from Europe, who get plenty of training. ISIS does have elite troops, but they're no where near Ahrar's elite troops like Usud al Harb, for example.

ISIS does have elite forces. You have to remember, many of these people are former Iraqi ba'athists, who had plenty of combat experience vs. Iran and US, which while they got a whooping the 2nd and 3rd wars, combat experience is still combat experience. Some of them were also former foreign troops from Europe, who get plenty of training. ISIS does have elite troops, but they're no where near Ahrar's elite troops like Usud al Harb, for example.
I suppose you have a point, but they do send in the regular forces first to fight until they die and weaken enemy and later they send in experienced fighters.

@Frogman @Hell NO

@Dr.Thrax

They are old but not necessarily from the time of the Arab Israeli wars. We have seen the regime and the rebels continuously use munitions that are older than these rockets.

Whether or not they maintained them very well or not I don't know but I guess they could still use them but they would have a high failure rate and possibly misfire.

The Egyptian administration does not have any ties with the Syrian regime nor does it support Assad remaining in power. It simply supports a political solution in which Assad is a part but not the future.

egyptmissile.png

This is most likely a recycled image from 2012 and early 2013 when the Sakr made a few appearances in Hamma!

Sakr 122mm Cargo Rockets & Submunitions in Syria | The Rogue Adventurer

Multiple variants with superior range to any Syrian, Russian or Iranian options, several warhead types including HE fragmentation and bomblets for use as a cluster munition, and finally a low probability of failure.

Don't knock what you don't know.

Local ceasefire between Syria regime, rebels ends | Zee News

Beirut: A brief truce between Syrian regime forces and rebel groups in three key towns ended early on Saturday as the warring parties resumed clashes and shelling, a monitoring group and a mediator said.

Pro-regime forces, including Lebanon's Shiite Hezbollah militia, had agreed on a 48-hour ceasefire, until dawn today, in the rebel bastion of Zabadani and the government-held villages of Fuaa and Kafraya.

"The ceasefire has collapsed in Zabadani, Fuaa, and Kafraya this morning," said Rami Abdel Rahman, head of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

A Kafraya resident speaking to AFP by phone said "dozens of shells have fallen on the town since early morning."

According to Abdel Rahman, "there are clashes and shelling in Zabadani, and opposition fighters are shelling Fuaa and Kafraya."

But he had no details on who initially began firing and whether there were any casualties.

Fuaa and Kafraya, the last two regime-held villages in Syria's northwest Idlib province, have been surrounded by a rebel alliance including Al-Qaeda's affiliate Al-Nusra Front.

The siege came in retaliation for a fierce offensive on Zabadani, along Syria's border with Lebanon, by pro-regime forces early last month.

Warring parties were negotiating to reach a broader deal including rebel fighters leaving Zabadani and the evacuation of civilians from Fuaa and Kafraya.

But the talks failed overnight.

The resumption of hostilities was confirmed by Mohammad Abu Qassem, secretary general of Syria's Tadamun (Solidarity) Party and a mediator of the truce.

"The truce has ended, the negotiations have failed, and military operations have resumed in Zabadani, Fuaa, and Kafraya," he told AFP.

This marks the second time a local ceasefire has collapsed for the three towns this month.

The first ceasefire began on August 12 as a 48-hour truce and was extended for another day as negotiators tried but also ultimately failed to reach a broad deal.

The earlier talks also faltered before reaching an agreement on Zabadani's fighters and the fate of civilians in Fuaa and Kafraya, whose residents are minority Shiite Muslims.

The rebels have also sought the release of prisoners held by the regime.

More than 240,000 people have been killed since Syria's conflict began in March 2011, and half of the country's population has been displaced by the war.

PTI

Syrian rebels say cease-fire with Hezbollah collapses - The Hindu

A cease-fire between a coalition of Syrian rebels and Hezbollah fighters in a Syrian border town and two northern Shia villages collapsed on Saturday for the second time this month amid rare Iranian-mediated talks.

The Islamic Army, or Jaysh Fatah group, said on its social media accounts that its fighters have resumed targeting locations of Hezbollah fighters near Foua, a Shia village in the mostly-rebel control Idlib province, posting a video of the shelling.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and the Local Coordination Committees of Syria, both groups with an extensive network of activists on the ground, said fighting also resumed in the town of Zaabadani near the Lebanese border. The Observatory said government warplanes bombed areas with barrel bombs.

The Local Committees said Syrian government forces also shelled Madaya, a village near Zabadani where many civilians fled.

Fighting over Zabadani, which lies near the road between Damascus and Lebanon, has raged since July after Hezbollah fighters joined the government forces to repel the rebels. The rebels, who once controlled Zabadani, retaliated by attacking the villages of Foua and Kfarya.

The Iranian-mediated cease-fire stipulated that rebel fighters be given safe passage out of Zabadani and Madaya. In return, the insurgents would allow 1,000 residents of the two villages to leave and allow medical and humanitarian aid to all areas.

Meanwhile on Saturday, Syria’s state news agency reported a car bomb in the central city of Homs killed four civilians and wounded 19.

I don't think it's about after life, if you told me blow yourself up for hoor al ein I wouldn't do it. I am in no situation to need to do that, for them over there Iraq/Syria is a violent chaotic mess and to them it's considered surivival. Because they lack weapons, they need much more spiritual motivation to accept death. Most Arabs fighting in those countries don't fear death that much.

Height of desperation that the great Satan's tools are taken as word of god.

Why should American vice president says such a provoking words about his country best allies in the ME? to gain what?

Height of desperation that the great Satan's tools are taken as word of god.

Desperation? It actually comes from your post.

Give me one single reason why U.S VP should say something like that out of nowhere about America's best friends in region. If they were U.S enemies, your word could have been true, but the most amazing thing about it is that they are closest U.S allies.

Back
Top Bottom