What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Some reports that SAA broke siege in Jisr Al Shugur. Rebels from the north and going towards Hama, although still pretty far.

It seems that ISIS is preparing an offensive on Tiyas and from there towards Homs. That will add to their presence near north-eastern side of homs. Homs could fall or be in more risk of falling before Hama. But Hezbollah is probably present in Qusayr area so it will be more difficult.

ISIS can send forces to both Damascus areas and Homs but I doubt they have the numbers.

Seems like ISIS is fighting over Deir Ezzor at this moment.

@Falcon29

ISIS will probably concentrate on consolidating themselves in Eastern Syria and conquering all of Deir ez-Zor.

All groups in Syria somehow cooperate as strange as this sounds (see my example in post 7421) as long as this benefit their short-term plans so ISIS, Al-Nusra, FSA/remaining Syrian opposition and YPG should concentrate on fighting the Al-Assad regime purely and his Shia terrorist militias.

ISIS should consolidate Eastern Syria along with YPG, Al-Nusra and FSA/Islamic Front/Syrian opposition groups Northern Syria and FSA/Syrian opposition group should focus on the South (Daraa). All simoultaniously more or less. Turkey, Jordan, KSA should aid FSA and the Islamic Front. That would be the death of the regime.

Simiarily the Palestinian diaspora in Syria should be armed against the Al-Assad regime. The West would be unable to do anything about it.

Had ISIS not been attacking everyone and not been this radical Syria would have been liberated a long time ago and the most radical people/groups could have been eliminated once that occurred. The West would have supported this too.

All players in Syria have failed IMO with their plans because they were too passive when it mattered the most.

Of course people in Syria that live in cities and villages were they are starving to death, where electricity has been cut of by the regime, that are suffering from barrel bombs on a weekly basis will become "radicalized" and join the strongest party on the battlefield which is ISIS in Eastern Syria. People are idiots if they expected anything else. They would have "supported" ISIS in their place too.

If those cities were to be captured by the Al-Assad regime and his Nusrayri thugs they would all be killed. At least the men.

Let the strongest win. I have no reason not to believe that Syria will not be ruled by the Sunni Arab majority as it always were before the Al-Assad genocide family. The Nusaryis and Shias will pay for their crimes. Their chance of speaking out against the Al-Assad genocide passed eternities ago. No point of return now.

Terrorists must be dealt with harshly. The Syrian opposition should go all in and clean Syria once and for all. The Shia's are doing that with Iraq (where they will always fail) while we speak and their Shia fanboys have no problems with them doing that so neither should we in Syria or elsewhere.

King Salman should double the support to the Syrian opposition.

Last edited:
@Falcon29

ISIS will probably concentrate on consolidating themselves in Eastern Syria and conquering all of Deir ez-Zor.

All groups in Syria somehow cooperate as strange as this sounds (see my example in post 7421) as long as this benefit their short-term plans so ISIS, Al-Nusra, FSA/remaining Syrian opposition and YPG should concentrate on fighting the Al-Assad regime purely and his Shia terrorist militias.

ISIS should consolidate Eastern Syria along with YPG, Al-Nusra and FSA/Islamic Front/Syrian opposition groups Northern Syria and FSA/Syrian opposition group should focus on the South (Daraa). All simoultaniously more or less. Turkey, Jordan, KSA should aid FSA and the Islamic Front. That would be the death of the regime.

Simiarily the Palestinian diaspora in Syria should be armed against the Al-Assad regime. The West would be unable to do anything about it.

Had ISIS not been attacking everyone and not been this radical Syria would have been liberated a long time ago and the most radical people/groups could have been eliminated once that occurred. The West would have supported this too.

All players in Syria have failed IMO with their plans because they were too passive when it mattered the most.

I think it's too late, ISIS will be accepted as part of Syrian opposition. The West already dropped its interest in the conflict. So that means like you said, the opposition whether Nusra, FSA, Sham front, Islamic front should just cooperate for interests of their people. It's not possible that they don't cooperate. Because look at Homs, ISIS and FSA are fighting there, ISIS is almost getting close to the area where FSA has presence in Homs. FSA is sieged there, if ISIS reaches it they will remove the siege. The only option is to cooperate, because if they fight it will ruin the whole Homs offensive. Either they cooperate or they will fight and eventually that FSA group will defect to ISIS. But also stall their gains.

Palestinians are active in Syria and play big role, we just don't want to publicize it because Arabs start demeaning us a lot. By those Palestinias I don't mean the PLO/PFLP groups in Syria who side with regime. But even those are largely based in Yarmouk.

The only question is what to do afterwards in post-Assad Syria, well we don't know. Most likely someone will intervene whether Russia, West or Iran. And that will mean we don't need to worry about question of post-Assad Syria political transition. And whoever intervenes, Arabs will make a posiiton towards it, sadly it will still inflame region further but we can't afford to lose the country to outsiders after we liberated it. That's the important objective, not political transition or something else. Assuming that someone intervenes immediately or while rebels close in on Damascus.

I think it's too late, ISIS will be accepted as part of Syrian opposition. The West already dropped its interest in the conflict. So that means like you said, the opposition whether Nusra, FSA, Sham front, Islamic front should just cooperate for interests of their people. It's not possible that they don't cooperate. Because look at Homs, ISIS and FSA are fighting there, ISIS is almost getting close to the area where FSA has presence in Homs. FSA is sieged there, if ISIS reaches it they will remove the siege. The only option is to cooperate, because if they fight it will ruin the whole Homs offensive. Either they cooperate or they will fight and eventually that FSA group will defect to ISIS. But also stall their gains.

Palestinians are active in Syria and play big role, we just don't want to publicize it because Arabs start demeaning us a lot. By those Palestinias I don't mean the PLO/PFLP groups in Syria who side with regime. But even those are largely based in Yarmouk.

The only question is what to do afterwards in post-Assad Syria, well we don't know. Most likely someone will intervene whether Russia, West or Iran. And that will mean we don't need to worry about question of post-Assad Syria political transition. And whoever intervenes, Arabs will make a posiiton towards it, sadly it will still inflame region further but we can't afford to lose the country to outsiders after we liberated it. That's the important objective, not political transition or something else. Assuming that someone intervenes immediately or while rebels close in on Damascus.

Indeed.

During WW2 the Americans, British and French had no problems fighting alongside the Soviets (who had killed more people than the Nazis actually) to fight a bigger evil (Nazi Germany) in their eyes. Later they became sworn enemies as we all know.

I don't see a future for ISIS in Syria (small sleeper cells at most) nor should they become a part of a post-Assad Syria but we might as well use them to our advantage for the greater good. In this case removing the Al-Assad regime and his Shia terrorist groups.

They should reform and become regular Islamists. No problem then.

We are Sunni Muslims and Arabs and we thus stand with our brethren.

Syria will need a lot of stability post-Assad but I don't think that it will ever be as bad as Iraq is. 75% of Syria is Sunni Arab. Rest are Christian Arabs (peaceful people) and then you have Alawis, Turkmen (Shia and Sunni) and Kurds. Druze number less than 700.000 people and are peaceful people by large too.

The problem is the Alawi community. Or rather the pro-Assad Alawi community. In fact it would surprise me if even 5% of the Alawis were against the Al-Assad regime.

Anyway not worried about that. The Syrians themselves will decide what to do with them.

@Falcon29

Of course people in Syria that live in cities and villages were they are starving to death, where electricity has been cut of by the regime, that are suffering from barrel bombs on a weekly basis will become "radicalized" and join the strongest party on the battlefield which is ISIS in Eastern Syria. People are idiots if they expected anything else. They would have "supported" ISIS in their place too.

If those cities were to be captured by the Al-Assad regime and his Nusrayri thugs they would all be killed. At least the men.

Let the strongest win. I have no reason not to believe that Syria will not be ruled by the Sunni Arab majority as it always were before the Al-Assad genocide family. The Nusaryis and Shias will pay for their crimes. Their chance of speaking out against the Al-Assad genocide passed eternities ago. No point of return now.

Terrorists must be dealt with harshly. The Syrian opposition should go all in and clean Syria once and for all. The Shia's are doing that with Iraq (where they will always fail) while we speak and their Shia fanboys have no problems with them doing that so neither should we in Syria or elsewhere.

King Salman should double the support to the Syrian opposition.

are you insane ISIS and YPG working together?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

you love to throw that word genocide around for al-assad, but it's ISIS who is mass murdering sunnis and non-sunnies in droves, and taking slaves :sick:

the mind of a radical sunni is disturbing

Its too early to speak about outcomes, because of a few setbacks, albeit they all came in a short time frame.
SAA was also seemingly on the brink of collapse, just before the tide reversed in 2013.

This is going to be a conflict that will span several years, possibly decades. It would be foolish to think it is over for SAA and Hezbollah.

are you insane ISIS and YPG working?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

and you are talking about Al-Assad genocide but isn't it the radial sunni group ISIS that is real threat to humanity and genocide of minorities :sick:

They have already "worked" together. Just like ISIS and the Al-Assad regime have worked together. The Al-Assad regime buys most of their oil from ISIS. In return the Al-Assad regime gives them electricity. This is no joke. Read about it.

ISIS are a separate problem and nobody sees them as part of the future outside of a minority. Why don't you read my posts? Start with reading post 7428.

The Al-Assad regime has killed more people just by using their barrel bombs than ISIS have. They are the most genocidal part in Syria of all.

They have already "worked" together. Just like ISIS and the Al-Assad regime have worked together. The Al-Assad regime buys most of their oil from ISIS. In return the Al-Assad regime gives them electricity. This is no joke. Read about it.

ISIS are a separate problem and nobody sees them as part of the future outside of a minority. Why don't you read my posts? Start with reading post 7428.

The Al-Assad regime has killed more people just by using their barrel bombs than ISIS have. They are the most genocidal part in Syria of all.

you honestly think when Al-Assad is defeated and gone that ISIS is just going to fade back to being normal decent Muslims ?
their whole agenda is a caliphate and the subjugation of non-muslims and kaffirs.

i ask you is the world better off with syria regime or the mass murdering cave man thinking ISIS headchoppers,.... think about it. controlled and checked tyranny from uncontrolled and choatic evil tyranny

and yes the barrel bombs are crude and wrong, but what can you do when you can't get advance weaponry from Russia and Iran to fight them. It's not like they have the resources of the U.S or Israel.

Also you don't understand one thing. Before the Syrian civil war the word "Kurd" did not exist in Syria. Kurds were not recognized as a people nor their language. YGP's main objective is to create a Syrian KRG in Northern Syria and their main opponents were/are the Syrian regime. They know that everyone will stand with them against ISIS on the other hand if Al-Assad wins they will probably only be recognized as a people and their language will be recognized too but probably no autonomy.

YGP are no allies of either the Al-Assad regime or ISIS but they can "work" with both as long as this benefits them. For instance they can focus on 1 party instead of 2. If they make a ceasefire with ISIS so all can concentrate on attacking the Al-Assad regime they will only have 1 enemy left (ISIS) which the whole world is against.

This should be very simple.

Simiarily ISIS is not focusing on attacking KRG anymore. They have shifted their entire focus on the Abadi regime. Does that mean that they love KRG or are allies? Of course not.

Kurds have their own agenda just like ISIS.

FSA/Syrian opposition's agenda on the other hand is called Syria.

Indeed.

During WW2 the Americans, British and French had no problems fighting alongside the Soviets (who had killed more people than the Nazis actually) to fight a bigger evil (Nazi Germany) in their eyes. Later they became sworn enemies as we all know.

I don't see a future for ISIS in Syria (small sleeper cells at most) nor should they become a part of a post-Assad Syria but we might as well use them to our advantage for the greater good. In this case removing the Al-Assad regime and his Shia terrorist groups.

They should reform and become regular Islamists. No problem then.

We are Sunni Muslims and Arabs and we thus stand with our brethren.

Syria will need a lot of stability post-Assad but I don't think that it will ever be as bad as Iraq is. 75% of Syria is Sunni Arab. Rest are Christian Arabs (peaceful people) and then you have Alawis, Turkmen (Shia and Sunni) and Kurds. Druze number less than 700.000 people and are peaceful people by large too.

The problem is the Alawi community. Or rather the pro-Assad Alawi community. In fact it would surprise me if even 5% of the Alawis were against the Al-Assad regime.

Anyway not worried about that. The Syrians themselves will decide what to do with them.

I don't think Alawi's are as pro-Assad as we make them. Some of them don't want to fight this war. Problem is either way Iran/Hezbollah/Iraqi militias will flood Syria with their members to prolong war/prevent political solution. In essence, Syrian Alawi's have no say in this conflict. They are ordered to listen and follow what Iran/Hezbollah demand. Many Syrian Alawi's are just secular nationalists who don't share the twelver Shia ideology that Iran does. But as I said, Iran is forcing itself unto Syria. So my opinion is Syrian opposition should just integrate them into the society afterwards. Unless they all flee to Lebanon.

Yeah, ISIS should reform itself. It should stop targeting journalists of foreign nations and focus on cooperating with rebels and don't target minorities. Then they can be involved in political transition. But political transition with everyone armed is risky procedure. If someone doesn't get what they will want then fighting will occur. Whatever is done, they all agree on forming Islamic state for Syria. So they should do that and hold back arms. Then rebuild government institutions, and give equal power sharing amongst groups.

Also you don't understand one thing. Before the Syrian civil war the word "Kurd" did not exist in Syria. Kurds were not recognized as a people nor their language. YGP's main objective is to create a Syrian KRG in Northern Syria and their main opponents were/are the Syrian regime. They know that everyone will stand with them against ISIS on the other hand if Al-Assad wins they will probably only be recognized as a people and their language will be recognized too but probably no autonomy.

YGP are no allies of either the Al-Assad regime or ISIS but they can "work" with both as long as this benefits them. For instance they can focus on 1 party instead of 2. If they make a ceasefire with ISIS so all can concentrate on attacking the Al-Assad regime they will only have 1 enemy left (ISIS) which the whole world is against.

This should be very simple.

Simiarily ISIS is not focusing on attacking KRG anymore. They have shifted their entire focus on the Abadi regime. Does that mean that they love KRG or are allies? Of course not.

Kurds have their own agenda just like ISIS.

FSA/Syrian opposition's agenda on the other hand is called Syria.

ISIS isn't messing with the Kurds because they got their asses handed to them by the YPG (with the help of coalition airstrikes) but nonetheless the Kurds are the only ones who have repulsed ISIS again and again and gaining back territory from ISIS.

YPG and the Kurds have a better future allying up with Syria regime than working with ISIS.

you honestly think when Al-Assad is defeated and gone that ISIS is just going to fade back to being normal decent Muslims ?
their whole agenda is a caliphate and the subjugation of non-muslims and kaffirs.

i ask you is the world better off with syria regime or the mass murdering cave man thinking ISIS headchoppers,.... think about it. controlled and checked tyranny from uncontrolled and choatic evil tyranny

and yes the barrel bombs are crude and wrong, but what can you do when you can't get advance weaponry from Russia and Iran to fight them. It's not like they have the resources of the U.S or Israel.

What? I already told you that ISIS has no future in Syria.

All groups will eventually reform if that means that their presence in country x or y or community x or y will be strengthened this way. Look at Taliban. Before the US invasion in 2001 they were much more radical than now. Today they are cooperating with the US.

Taliban open to peace talks, but only if all U.S. forces leave Afghanistan - The Washington Post

Did the Taliban and the US not engage in dialogue in Qatar not long ago?

I can give you another example from Shia's. In Iraq there is a group called the "Mahdi Army" led by a retarded cleric by the name Muqtada al-Sadr. His group once fought the Americans but they have now dropped their arms and are now part of the Iraqi government/opposition!

Many examples. Not saying that it is realistic but it could happen.

Being an Islamist is not problem for me. Many are that in the Arab/Muslim world. It's not a crime.

Beheadings. So what? How is that any worse than barrel bombings, mass-shootings, torture to death etc. The Al-Assad regime are as brutal if not more.

ISIS isn't messing with the Kurds because they got their asses handed to them by the YPG (with the help of coalition airstrikes) but nonetheless the Kurds are the only ones who have repulsed ISIS again and again and gaining back territory from ISIS.

YPG and the Kurds have a better future allying up with Syria regime than working with ISIS.

False nonsense. ISIS steamrolled the Kurds. Only the US/Arab bombardments of Syria saved them. Same story in Northern Iraq. Kurds are nothing special and overrated by the Western media. Kurds would not stand a chance against the armies of Syria and Iraq as poor and divided as they are and despite being led by dictators. If they are so great it's strange that they are stateless and have been ruled by Arabs in Iraq and Syria for centuries and by Turks and Iranians in Turkey and Iran.

What? I already told you that ISIS has no future in Syria.

All groups will eventually reform if that means that their presence in country x or y or community x or y will be strengthened this way. Look at Taliban. Before the US invasion in 2001 they were much more radical than now. Today they are cooperating with the US.

Taliban open to peace talks, but only if all U.S. forces leave Afghanistan - The Washington Post

Did the Taliban and the US not engage in dialogue in Qatar not long ago?

I can give you another example from Shia's. In Iraq there is a group called the "Mahdi Army" led by a retarded cleric by the name Muqtada al-Sadr. His group once fought the Americans but they have now dropped their arms and are now part of the Iraqi government/opposition!

Many examples. Not saying that it is realistic but it could happen.

Being an Islamist is not problem for me. Many are that in the Arab/Muslim world. It's not a crime.

Beheadings. So what? How is that any worse than barrel bombings, mass-shootings, torture to death etc. The Al-Assad regime are as brutal if not more.

wow really ISIS has no future in Syria :rofl:

comparing the tame Taliban to ISIS who make the Taliban and Al-Qaeda look like children in their tactics and brutality :lol:

Kurds have a better future with the status quo than with a uncertain future with ISIS winning in Iraq and Syria.

wow really ISIS has no future in Syria :rofl:

comparing the tame Taliban to ISIS who make the Taliban and Al-Qaeda look like children in their tactics and brutality :lol:

I will be proven right as almost always and I will be sure to tag you here if I am still here on PDF.:lol: I predicted todays' Iraq 2 years ago here on PDF. Read my old posts. I also wrote that al-Douri was never killed. Proven right again a few months later. Wrote that KSA will not invade Yemen immediately as that would make no sense, was proven right again. Same story with Yemen that I wrote about in September 2014.

You are obviously not reading what I am writing. Never mind, the genocidal Al-Assad regime will be removed and they are bleeding heavily right now. Soon the main artery will be cut.

Also soon your idiotic Barack Hussein Obama will be gone (God bless his grandmother who performed hajj not long ago though) and the Republicans will return and you know what that means. Let our Arab lobbyists in the US do their job that they almost always do to perfection.

I don't think Alawi's are as pro-Assad as we make them. Some of them don't want to fight this war. Problem is either way Iran/Hezbollah/Iraqi militias will flood Syria with their members to prolong war/prevent political solution. In essence, Syrian Alawi's have no say in this conflict. They are ordered to listen and follow what Iran/Hezbollah demand. Many Syrian Alawi's are just secular nationalists who don't share the twelver Shia ideology that Iran does. But as I said, Iran is forcing itself unto Syria. So my opinion is Syrian opposition should just integrate them into the society afterwards. Unless they all flee to Lebanon.

Yeah, ISIS should reform itself. It should stop targeting journalists of foreign nations and focus on cooperating with rebels and don't target minorities. Then they can be involved in political transition. But political transition with everyone armed is risky procedure. If someone doesn't get what they will want then fighting will occur. Whatever is done, they all agree on forming Islamic state for Syria. So they should do that and hold back arms. Then rebuild government institutions, and give equal power sharing amongst groups.

Bro, from my knowledge every Alawi family has lost son's and male relatives in the war. Why? Because their people are fully behind the Al-Assad regime.

No, they can't flood anything once most of Syria is under the control of anti-Assad groups/movements. They won't come from Turkey in the north. Nor Israel. Nor Jordan. Their only option is tiny Southern Lebanon which is impossible. The Sunnis of Lebanon and the Christians are not interested in another civil war. Hezbollah can only do so much. They are already suffering a lot.

Their only route is Iraq and guess what people inhabit the border regions of Syria? Yes, Iraqi Sunni Arabs who by large are anti-Abadi regime and who arguably hate Farsis more than all other Arabs, lol. They will slaughter them before they even set foot in Syria. Right now their only way of going to Syria is Damascus and the regime held areas.

Also they can never win a war of attrition. There are 1.3 billion Sunnis. 200 million Sunnis. I think that KSA has more people ready to wage this grand battle of civilizations than Shias have in total, lol.

Alawis cannot be trusted IMO.

I personally don't ever think that ISIS will reform (unless they will be facing extinction) but it would be a good thing for all parties if they did. That's not relevant today though as this probably will happen long after Al-Assad will be removed because afterwards their presence will not be needed. They are only present in Syria due to the civil war. Like always such groups are present in this climate. Once a country stabilizes they have no place in any society and people won't accept them. Outside of the tiny minority like always. That's why ISIS like groups are not present in stable countries.

I will be proven right as almost always and I will be sure to tag you here if I am still here on PDF.:lol: I predicted todays' Iraq 2 years ago here on PDF. Read my old posts. I also wrote that al-Douri was never killed. Proven right again a few months later. Wrote that KSA will not invade Yemen immediately as that would make no sense, was proven right again. Same story with Yemen that I wrote about in September 2014.

You are obviously not reading what I am writing. Never mind, the genocidal Al-Assad regime will be removed and they are bleeding heavily right now. Soon the main artery will be cut.

Also soon your idiotic Barack Hussein Obama will be gone (God bless his grandmother who performed hajj not long ago though) and the Republicans will return and you know what that means. Let our Arab lobbyists in the US do their job that they almost always do to perfection.

Bro, from my knowledge every Alawi family has lost son's and male relatives in the war. Why? Because their people are fully behind the Al-Assad regime.

No, they can't flood anything once most of Syria is under the control of anti-Assad groups/movements. They won't come from Turkey in the north. Nor Israel. Nor Jordan. Their only option is tiny Southern Lebanon which is impossible. The Sunnis of Lebanon and the Christians are not interested in another civil war. Hezbollah can only do so much. They are already suffering a lot.

Their only route is Iraq and guess what people inhabit the border regions of Syria? Yes, Iraqi Sunni Arabs who by large are anti-Abadi regime and who arguably hate Farsis more than all other Arabs, lol. They will slaughter them before they even set foot in Syria. Right now their only way of going to Syria is Damascus and the regime held areas.

Also they can never win a war of attrition. There are 1.3 billion Sunnis. 200 million Sunnis. I think that KSA has more people ready to wage this grand battle of civilizations than Shias have in total, lol.

Alawis cannot be trusted IMO.

I personally don't ever think that ISIS will reform (unless they will be facing extinction) but it would be a good thing for all parties if they did. That's not relevant today though as this probably will happen long after Al-Assad will be removed because afterwards their presence will not be needed. They are only present in Syria due to the civil war. Like always such groups are present in this climate. Once a country stabilizes they have no place in any society and people won't accept them. Outside of the tiny minority like always. That's why ISIS like groups are not present in stable countries.

Alright, but they should be allowed to flee Lebanon. And if Hezbollah still does something stupid then rebels go into Lebanon. I think Shia's will end their adventure after fall of Assad regime. They would lose lots of morale. Problem is Iran will still have interest in igniting Saudi Arabia/Bahrain. If Shia's are still talking shit about how there will be 'revolution' in Saudi Arabia even after Assad regime fall then I'm afraid it will be time to start scaring them. And Arabs know well how to do that. Shia's need to get their priorities straight and stop believing in their delusional fantasies of Iranian hegemony over KSA. If their clerics don't stop with this sectarian bullshit I'm not sure what else we can do.

They cry victim but on daily basis are preaching that Saudi Arabia will fall under 'Ahl Al Bayt'(Iranian) control and that Sunni's are misguided, weak, servants of US/Israel. Their ambition of power is getting out of control.

Back
Top Bottom