What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

I've reported him countless times but in vain, altough i've seen others banned for much less.
flamer i dont want to involve the discussion but you should know some realities i try to explain you
- now why everybody hates kurds
if kurds established a state this conflicts will continue 100 years and westerns will arms them agains turkiye and the other states in middle east in shortly is second israel
we lost 15 billion dollar in southeast turkey in 10 years we build hospital,schools ,industryzones,airports but this pkk kurds burns oll of them in 6-7 in october events in 80's 90's and 2000's we fought against them almost we paid 120 billion dollar teror pkk dont want teacher,worker ,etc believe me they are such animal on the other hand muslim kurds are goods and patriot people please behave emphaty and be turk do you support isis or pkk

What'd he do? He's reporting news....

Terror is USA/Israel criminal empire, whom have terrorize, mass murdered, starved and oppressed the people of ME for past 70 years in their sick agenda against ME. When that terrorist empire is gone then we will have peace. You don't know how many people have suffered due to the wealthy, drunkard, elite from those two nations.

:disagree::ashamed:

flamer i dont want to involve the discussion but you should know some realities i try to explain you
- now why everybody hates kurds
if kurds established a state this conflicts will continue 100 years and westerns will arms them agains turkiye and the other states in middle east in shortly is second israel
we lost 15 billion dollar in southeast turkey in 10 years we build hospital,schools ,industryzones,airports but this pkk kurds burns oll of them in 6-7 in october events in 80's 90's and 2000's we fought against them almost we paid 120 billion dollar teror pkk dont want teacher,worker ,etc believe me they are such animal on the other hand muslim kurds are goods and patriot people please behave emphaty and be turk do you support isis or pkk

I fully support Turkey against PKK and Kurd terrorists-bomb them,squash them,run Altay's over them.That member is still a terrorist sympatiser loonatic.

Don't sympathize with US/Israel camp. Which is run specifically by certain establishment. Ordinary Americans can't influence this establishment. You are European and have rich civilization/culture. Hold your head high and be your ownselves, no need to associate yourself with that camp just because it is white like you are. No need to support their actions either...

Don't sympathize with US/Israel camp. Which is run specifically by certain establishment. Ordinary Americans can't influence this establishment. You are European and have rich civilization/culture. Hold your head high and be your ownselves, no need to associate yourself with that camp just because it is white like you are. No need to support their actions either...

And i don't...this is another discussion dude and you know it.In the end,you're right,i am going off topic,i just ranged alarm bells with that guy.

It is not about ISIS. You are too far away from the region to understand the region. That Romanian doesnt know a thing about middleast, too.

It is about Sunni vs. Shia
It is about Arab+Turkmen vs. Kurds

Your own Erdogan is supporting Kurds in Mosul and other parts of Kurdistan. You are very shallow and can't think properly.

Go cry wolf.

Getting back to the subject.

Can anyone tell me what this plane is?

free photo hosting

It looks like this Iranian Dorna 12-19 seater

image url upload

Thanks.

This is the original video couple of weeks ago.
AN-26, crashed in Abu-Duhur in Idlib. Either shot down by Nusra or crashed. Either way, 37-39 regime militants dead.

Division 13 || Destruction of a regime force's tank with a TOW missile on the Al-Arbeen Hill front in Ariha. 30-1-15.
Destruction of a tank in the Al-Deek Checkpoint west of Talbiseh city. Homs operations room in cooperation with Talbiseh operations room.
Islamic Front || Thwarted an infiltration attempt by sectarian militias from Al Foah heading towards Bensh and the destruction of a Sniper's Nest.
Knights of Rights Brigade storm Al-Arbeen Hill 30-1-15.

I interviewed Bashar al-Assad about Syria’s civil war. He’s still too delusional to end it.

By Jonathan Tepperman January 30 at 11:32 AM
Jonathan Tepperman, the managing editor of Foreign Affairs magazine, is writing a book on how to solve the world’s toughest political and economic challenges.

In recent weeks, Western governments have begun subtly shifting their positions on Syria. The Obama administration seems to have quietly dropped its demand that President Bashar al-Assad resign as a precondition of peace talks. Instead, reports suggest it has embraced proposals that would allow Assad to be part of an interim deal. The new approach implies that the White House and its allies believe that the Syrian president might be open to a compromise that could end his country’s four-year civil war.

I met with Assad on Jan. 20 in Damascus — his first interview by an American journalist since 2013. And if there was one clear takeaway from our talk, which you can read in full in Foreign Affairs, it was this: Such hopes are a fantasy. Superficially, Assad said many of the right things, appearing conciliatory and eager to involve Western governments in his struggle against Islamist terrorism. But underneath the pretty words, he remains as unrepentant and inflexible today as he was at the start of the Syrian civil war four years ago. Assad seems to have no idea how badly the war is going, how impractical his proposals sound and how meaningless his purported overtures are. Which means that, whatever Western leaders might wish, the fighting in Syria will end in one of two ways. Either Assad will defeat the rebels. Or the rebels will defeat him — and string him up by his toes.

Visiting Syria today is a strange and unsettling experience. The signs of war are everywhere. Damascus is surrounded by snow-capped mountains and concentric rings of army checkpoints, manned by twitchy soldiers unsure how to respond when a solitary American — I traveled without security but hired a local driver — shows up. (Some were indifferent, others were hostile, and one grabbed my hand and declared, “The Syrian Arab Republic Army loves the American press!”) High concrete blast walls shield most buildings, red-and-white-striped gun turrets loom over intersections, posters of Assad in shades and black military dress hang from lampposts, United Nations aid workers fill the hotels, and the booms and pops of artillery and mortar fire echo from the front, just a few miles away.

Yet despite the siege, cafes and markets are bustling. The streets are thronged with families out shopping, with students heading to school — and with hundreds of thousands of refugees who have more than doubled the city’s population since the war began.

But the most dissonant feature is the man responsible for it all. Assad is tall, slight and birdlike, with a vanishingly weak chin, nothing like the Hollywood picture of a murderous autocrat. From the moment he greeted me — with a smile, a handshake and a high-pitched giggle — at his private office, I entered a sort of Neverland of the dictator’s imagination.

His country may be burning, but all that unpleasantness vanishes at the doorstep of the president’s Greek-revival villa, perched on a hill above town. The luxuriously modern suite where we talked had a huge new iMac on the desk and a model of Westminster Abbey on the sideboard (presumably a souvenir of his years spent studying ophthalmology in Britain, but one that seems jarringly incongruous now that Prime Minister David Cameron has called Assad “completely illegitimate”). Everything was designed to create an air of genteel civility, down to the cappuccino that the expensively dressed president offered. The man himself was jovial, polite and utterly relaxed.

And he was disconcertingly good at presenting himself as a reasonable, rational actor. His critique of America’s Middle East policy, for example, is one shared by many lefties in the West: The U.S. role, he told me, should be “to help peace in the region, to fight terrorism, to promote secularism, to support this area economically” and “not to launch wars. Launching war doesn’t make you a great power.”

But behind the cheery aphorisms and the barely-there mustache is a man so unyielding and deeply deceptive — or delusional — that it’s impossible to imagine him ever negotiating an equitable end to Syria’s civil war.

Assad made that clear in several ways. A shrewd and crafty debater, he overwhelms interlocutors with ******** of language that combine common-sense rhetoric with wild untruths, often in a single sentence. So, for example, no sooner had he (sensibly) conceded, paraphrasing Clausewitz, that he’d never be able to triumph militarily — since “all wars anywhere in the world have ended with a political solution” — than he insisted that “the Syrian people are still with the unity of Syria; they still support the government.” Given that the country’s turmoil began when he savagely repressed widespread protests during the Arab Spring, sparking a popular rebellion, this analysis is more than a little implausible. Especially since his army is now suffering mass desertions and recent protests in Homs and Tartus suggest that even Assad’s minority Alawite sect is turning against him.

In a similar vein, when I asked him about independent analyses showing that his government now controls a mere 45 to 50 percent of the country, Assad (sensibly) reminded me that Syria’s war is not “between two countries, between two armies where you have an incursion and you lost some territory that you want to regain.” But then he (nonsensically) insisted that his army remained supreme and that “wherever [it] has wanted to go, it has succeeded.” Never mind that his forces have been unable to oust the rebels from Aleppo, for instance, for going on three years now.

Assad’s constant pairing of the rational with the absurd was a neat rhetorical trick; it made the latter seem more credible through proximity to the former. And his utter, unblinking conviction added to the effect. Either Syria’s president is an extremely competent fabulist — in which case he’s merely a sociopath — or he actually believes his lies, in which case he’s something much more dangerous (like a delusional psychopath). For why would he ever strike a deal to end a war he thinks he’s winning?

Assad also remains blithely unapologetic, despite presiding over a brutal conflict that has gutted his country, killed some 200,000, rendered more than 7 million homeless and led to Syria’s division into three sectarian mini-states. He insists that he can’t think of a single mistake he’s made: “I would have to go back to officials on the ground,” he told me. “There’s nothing in my mind.” The man responsible for the mass torture of thousands and the use of chemical weapons and barrel bombs on civilians says those episodes never really took place: All the evidence has been fabricated by his enemies, he told me. “It’s all allegations without evidence,” funded by Qatar, he explained. So what’s to regret?

Such attitudes don’t exactly augur an openness to compromise.

Nor did his talk about the current negotiations, driven by the United Nations and Russia. When I asked Assad about concessions he might make to help these succeed, he either prevaricated, dismissing the value of confidence-building measures (“It’s not a personal relationship. . . . You don’t have to trust someone”), or rejected them outright. When I suggested prisoner exchanges, he scoffed at the idea.

While he dropped his long-standing insistence that the rebels lay down their arms as a prerequisite to talks — telling me: “We are going to meet with everyone. We don’t have conditions” — he also repeatedly questioned whether there even was an opposition to talk to. And when I asked if he’d agree to any sort of power-sharing deal, he said yes but then insisted that any such deal would have to be affirmed by a referendum. This, of course, conveniently elided the fact that a divided nation (governed by a despot who “won” another presidential term last summer with 89 percent of the vote) could never conduct a fair plebiscite. So much for that, then.

At the start of our meeting, Assad implied that he’d decided to grant the interview now (I first requested it in 2013) because the recent terror attacks in Paris gave him a fresh opportunity to make the case his government has been pushing for years: that he and the West are fighting the same enemy, Islamist extremism, and so are natural allies and should join forces.

But for all his talk about comity and shared interests, Assad — once you cut through his obfuscation, dodges and appeals to reason — made it very clear that he’s ready to concede absolutely nothing to bring the sides together. At the end of the day, the tyrant can imagine but one way for the conflict to end. All his enemies, in the region and in the West, must capitulate and concede the merits of his own twisted arguments. Until then, he’ll keep on killing.

I interviewed Bashar al-Assad about Syria’s civil war. He’s still too delusional to end it. - The Washington Post

Syrian officials under ISIS attacks

January 31, 2015

Hasakah, Syria – Militant fighters of the Islamic State (IS/ISIS) blew up the house of Syrian Parliament’s member Hamid Karko Jassim in the village of Kabirat al-Karko of the town of Tel Brak (42 km northeastern Hasakah) on charges of supporting the Syrian regime, pro-regime media sources reported on Friday.

An eyewitness from the town of Tel Brak told ARA News that the IS militants bombed the house of Syrian Parliamentary Hamid Jassim “as he was an active participant in pro-regime activities in Hasakah in the recent months”.

“Jassim’s house was empty when it was bombed, but the group wanted to send him and his peers a message that they’re not welcome anymore in the IS-held areas,” the source said.

Jassim recently participated in events organized by the regime in the city of Hasakah including regime’s meetings with tribal leaders.

The village of al-Karko (10 km northwestern the town of Tel Brak) is held by the IS group.

The Islamic State insurgents had recently blown up a number of houses belonging to the pro-regime figures in Hasakah city, accusing them of “spying for the benefit of the Syrian regime”.

The group had also bombed the house of Fahmi Abbas in January 4, 2015, after accusing him of supporting the Syrian regime. In January 14, the IS militants bombed the house of the tribal leader of al-Bushekh clan (Baggara) Sheikh Adnan Ali Jadaan, a member of the tribal council and the Arab tribes of the Ministry of National Reconciliation of the Syrian regime.

Syrian officials under ISIS attacks - ARA News

Al-Qaeda attacks Syrian rebels in Aleppo

January 31, 2015

Damascus, Syria – Clashes broke out Friday between fighters of the al-Nusra Front (Syrian branch of al-Qaeda) and rebels of the Hazm Movement in the western countryside of Aleppo. The clashes followed attacks by Nusra militants against strongholds of Hazm in Aleppo earlier on Thursday, activists reported.

The Al-Nusra group took control Thursday of the Hazm Movement’s headquarters in Salman Camp in the western countryside of Aleppo after a fierce battle between the two sides in the vicinity of the towns of Atareb and Orim.

The clashes spread then to the vicinity of the town of Kafrnouran, Sheikh Ali and al-Muhandisin areas in the western countryside of Aleppo.

A number of Syrian armed opposition factions intervened in an attempt to stop the fighting between both sides, but the al-Nusra fighters pledged to continue what they described as “the campaign of eliminating spoilers”.

The Al-Nusra group issued a statement (of which ARA News received a copy) explaining the reasons behind its operations against the Movement in Aleppo, saying: “Members of the Hazm armed movement kidnapped two of our Mujahideens (Jihadists) during their return to their homes from battles against Assad regime.”

“After the failure of negotiations between the two sides, the Front (al-Nusra) has taken proper path (which is fighting) of liberating the Mujahideen brothers (detained militants held by Hazm),” the statement read.

The Nusra militants regained the military camp in the village of Salman on Friday.

Nusra leadership accused Hazm fighters of bombing villages and towns in Aleppo countryside, which reportedly caused the death of a number of civilians in the villages of Sheikh Ali and Sahhara.

The Hazm movement is one branch of Syrian rebels, which the al-Nusra Front engaged in battles with, seizing all their weapons as well as their headquarters in the countryside of Idlib and Zawiya mountain months ago.

Al-Qaeda attacks Syrian rebels in Aleppo - ARA News

IS killed 3 Assad soldiers and destroyed artillery piece around Shaer fields, Homs countryside.

CIA, Israel plotted senior Hezbollah commander's killing: report | News , Lebanon News | THE DAILY STAR
WASHINGTON: The CIA and Israel's spy agency Mossad were behind an elaborate plot to killHezbollah commander Imad Mughniyeh in a 2008 car bomb attack in Syria, the Washington Post reported Friday.

Citing former intelligence officials, the newspaper reported that U.S. and Israeli spy agencies worked together to target Mughniyeh on Feb. 12, 2008 as he left a restaurant in the Syrian capital Damascus.

He was killed instantly by a car bomb planted in a spare tire on the back of a parked car, which exploded shrapnel in a tight radius, the Post said.

The bomb, built by the United States and tested in the state of North Carolina, was triggered remotely by Mossad agents in Tel Aviv who were in communication with Central Intelligence Agency operatives on the ground in Damascus.

"The way it was set up, the U.S. could object and call it off, but it could not execute," a former U.S. intelligence official told the newspaper.

A senior Hezbollah commander, Mughniyeh was suspected of masterminding the abduction of Western hostages in Lebanon in the 1980s and of the 1992 bombing of the Israeli embassy in Argentina that killed 29 people.

He was also linked to the bombing of the U.S. marine barracks at Beirut airport in 1983, in which 241 American servicemen died, and the hijacking of TWA Flight 847 in 1985, in which a U.S. navy diver was killed.

The CIA declined to comment to the Post about the report.

According the newspaper, the authority to kill required a presidential finding by George W. Bush. Several senior officials, including the attorney general, the director of national intelligence and the national security advisor, would have had to sign off on the order, it added.

- 'Find, fix and finish' -

The former officials that spoke to the newspaper said Mughniyeh was directly involved in arming and training Shiite militias in Iraq that were targeting U.S. forces, and though it occurred in a country where the United States was not at war, his assassination could be seen as an act of self-defense.

"They were carrying out suicide bombings and IED attacks," one former official told the Post, referring to alleged Hezbollah operations in Iraq.

They added that getting approval from the most senior echelons of the U.S. government to carry out the attack against Mughniyeh was a "rigorous and tedious" process, and it had to be proven that he was a true menace.

"What we had to show was he was a continuing threat to Americans," the official told the Post.

"The decision was we had to have absolute confirmation that it was self-defense."

The newspaper said that during the Iraq war, the Bush administration had approved a list of operations aimed at Hezbollah, and according to one official, this included approval to target Mughniyeh.

"There was an open license to find, fix and finish Mughniyeh and anybody affiliated with him," a former U.S. official who served in Baghdad told the Post.

According to the newspaper, American intelligence officials had been discussing possible ways to target the notorious Hezbollah commander for years, and senior US Joint Special Operations Command agents held a secret meeting with the head of Israel's military intelligence service in 2002.

"When we said we would be willing to explore opportunities to target him, they practically fell out of their chairs," a former U.S. official told the Post.

Though it is not clear when the agencies realized Mughniyeh was living in Damascus, a former official told the newspaper that Israel had approached the CIA about a joint operation to kill him in Syria's capital.

The agencies collected "pattern of life" information about him and used facial recognition technology to establish his identity after he walked out of a restaurant the night he was killed.

CIA, Israel plotted senior Hezbollah commander's killing: report | News , Lebanon News | THE DAILY STAR

1) I descend from a Turkmen tribe who settled centuries ago.

2) Around 7-8 century BC, Persians have invaded Sumeria, Assyria and Babylonia who had nothing to do with Iranics. You are not original inhabitants of the region to claim lands from us. Who are you trying to fool?

Persians? The achaemenid empire, the parthian empire were proto-Media. Kurmanj means son of magi(Median tribe). Kurds in Xorasan, ezidi Kurds and still the elders in N.Kurdistan and W.Kurdistan calls themselves from Kurmanj. But is today more refered to as the northern Kurdish dialect. And Kurds is put as the ethnicity. Difference between the iranic tribes that are the Kurds ancestors and the Persian tribe is that Kurds iranic ancestors mixed the natives in the regions(different hurrian groups), Persians mixed with elamites.

Were your elders shouting "Rumi" from the mountains..... ? o_O If we are rumis accept that you are mountain Turks.....

I love how you guys invent history, everyday. :lol:

actually they were insulting rumis by calling them ruma rash or ruma sag. :lol:
Its a fact. Just like the azeris in here can't decide if they are azeris or if they are turks. even in central asia turkic tribes from the far east only managed to pass on the culture like language while central asian have big input of iranic blood in them. They do have alot of R1a aswell.

This has gone largely unnoticed but YPG has gone quite forward in Kobane and many many ISIS rats have been slayed on the way.

B8oeUzjCAAEcHrE.png

a dead rat from sinop, turkey, I hope his family paid a heavy sum for the transport.

Western-backed rebels join Islamist-dominated Aleppo alliance: activists | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR
BEIRUT: A Western-backed rebel group in northern Syria that is under pressure from Al-Qaeda's hardline Nusra Front has joined an alliance of mainly Islamist insurgent factions in Aleppo, an activist group said on Saturday.

The Western-backed Hazzm movement joined the Levant Front - Jabhat al-Shamiyya - a grouping of insurgent factions formed in December in the northern province, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said, citing a statement from the alliance.

"Hazzm is under pressure because before they refused to join Jabhat al-Shamiyya and now they accept this," said Rami Abdulrahman, who runs the Britain-based Observatory, which tracks Syria's war using a network of sources on the ground.

Forming the Levant Front was an attempt at unity among factions in Syria that have often fought each other as well as the Syrian army and hardline jihadi groups.

The alliance includes Islamic Front, an Islamist coalition which includes Saudi-backed combatants and other factions.

"We urge our brothers in all factions to resolve their differences with the (Hazzm) movement via the Jabhat al-Shamiyya leadership and its judicial office by appealing to sharia law of God," the statement, which was also posted on Twitter, said.

Hazzm is one of the last remnants of non-jihadi opposition to President Bashar Assad in northern Syria. It has been under attack from Al-Qaeda's Syria wing Nusra Front in both theAleppo and Idlib provinces.

Clashes began on Thursday when Nusra Front seized positions from Hazzm west of Aleppo. Northern Syria is dominated by the hardline Nusra Front and ISIS, an offshoot of Al-Qaedathat controls roughly a third of Syria.

Hazzm has received what it describes as small amounts of military aid from foreign states opposed to Assad, including U.S.-made anti-tank missiles.

The fight for the city of Aleppo, divided between insurgents and government forces, is seen as one of the most significant last fronts for non-jihadi forces in the country's north.

Western-backed rebels join Islamist-dominated Aleppo alliance: activists | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR

Back
Top Bottom