What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

MOSCOW:, September 25, 2017 19:10 IST
Updated: September 25, 2017 19:21 IST

http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...f-us-policy/article19752396.ece?homepage=true
RUSSIASYRIA

In this Feb. 22, 2013 photo, Russian high level officer Valery Asapov, right, poses for a photo with Russian President Vladimir Putin, during an award ceremony in the Kremlin in Moscow, Russia. Russia's Defense Ministry said on Sunday, Lt. Gen. Asapov has been killed in fighting in Syria. | Photo Credit: AP

The Russian Defence Ministry said on Sunday the general had been killed by shelling near Deir al-Zor.

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said that “two-faced policy” of the United States was to blame for the death of Russian general Valery Asapov in Syria, RIA news agency quoted him as saying on Monday.

“The death of the Russian commander is the price, the bloody price for the two-faced American policy in Syria,” Mr. Ryabkov told reporters, according to RIA.

The Russian Defence Ministry said on Sunday the general had been killed by shelling near Deir al-Zor.

1000961-372788957.jpg

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1167071/middle-east

DUBAI: Iran’s Revolutionary Guards on Sunday struck bases of Daesh in eastern Syria with drones, Iranian state television reported.

It said vehicles, military equipment and ammunition were destroyed in the attack near the Syrian-Iraqi border.
In June, Iran fired missiles into eastern Syria, targeting bases of Daesh which had claimed responsibility for attacks in Tehran which killed 18 people.

The Revolutionary Guards are fighting in Syria against militant groups which oppose President Bashar Assad.

1001251-1482372832.jpg

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1167271/middle-east

BEIRUT: US-backed forces in eastern Syria say Russia bombed their positions on Monday in a major natural gas field they recently captured from Daesh militants.

The Syrian Democratic Forces said a Russian airstrike killed one of its fighters and wounded two others in the Conoco gas field, in Deir Ezzor province. Russia’s Defense Ministry denied the report.

SDF fighters captured Conoco field, Syria’s largest, from Daesh militants on Saturday.

It was not the first time the SDF has accused Russia of targeting its forces in oil and gas-rich Deir Ezzor, where Russian backed Syrian troops are waging a separate offensive against the extremists. The two sides are racing to defeat the militants and snap up oil and gas fields, fueling fears of conflict between the two groups and their superpower sponsors.

Both the US and Russia have embedded special forces with their respective partners and are supporting their advances with aggressive air strikes.

The Pentagon accused Russian jets of attacking the SDF last week. Russia in turn said its forces were targeted twice from SDF-held territory.

SDF fighters have been making their way down the east bank of the Euphrates River in Deir Ezzor, while Syrian troops are mainly operating on the western bank. Last week, Syrian troops along with allied Shiite militias from across the region crossed into parts of the east bank, where they ran into fierce resistance from IS militants entrenched there.

“They are losing fighters wholesale,” said Germany-based Deir Ezzor native Omar Abu Layla, who is monitoring the battles through local contacts.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 72 pro-government fighters have been killed in battle with the jihadists since crossing the Euphrates last week. At least seven Russian soldiers have been killed, and Russia’s Defense Ministry acknowledged that one of its generals was killed in the area on Sunday.
Syria’s largest oil field, the Al-Omar, is located on the eastern side of the river.

Elsewhere in Syria, Russian and government warplanes stepped up their airstrikes against rebels as well as Al-Qaeda-linked insurgents in different areas, straining a patchwork of cease-fires and “de-escalation” agreements that brought relative calm in recent weeks.

Activists and monitoring groups reported airstrikes in Aleppo, Idlib and Hama provinces, as well as clashes between rebels and pro-government forces in northern Syria and on the outskirts of the capital, Damascus.

Two people were killed Monday in shelling on President Bashar Assad’s ancestral village of Qardaha, state media reported. Syria’s state broadcaster said the village has been shelled by “terrorists” for two days straight. It says two people were wounded Sunday.

Qardaha is located in the coastal mountains of northwest Syria. Assad’s father, the late president Hafez Assad, was born in Qardaha. He was buried there in 2000.

The village has been largely spared from Syria’s civil war, which grew out of demonstrations in 2011 against the Assad family’s four-decade rule.

The Observatory also reported the shelling, saying two civilians have been killed.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...ts-in-syria/article19757630.ece?homepage=true
MOSCOW:, September 26, 2017 19:31 IST
Updated: September 26, 2017 19:31 IST

MIDEAST-CRISISSYRIA-RUSSIA

A frame grab taken from a footage released by Russia's Defence Ministry, November 17, 2015, shows a Russian Tupolev Tu-95MS long-range bomber dropping a bomb at an unknown location in Syria. | Photo Credit: Reuters

Russian Tu-95 strategic bombers have fired cruise missiles at Islamic State targets in Syria's Deir al-Zor and Idlib provinces, the RIA news agency quoted Russia's Defence Ministry as saying on Tuesday.

The strikes were carried out at a safe distance from U.S. special forces and U.S.-backed militias, the ministry was cited as saying.

Bad news from Syria as the ISIS seems to be having a field day in Deir Ez Zour area and the nearby major towns against the SAA and the Russians. Reports are that a couple of Russian advisers have been kidnapped and quite a few KIA as well alongside SAA soldiers.

@Serpentine @raptor22 @vostok

Bad news from Syria as the ISIS seems to be having a field day in Deir Ez Zour area and the nearby major towns against the SAA and the Russians. Reports are that a couple of Russian advisers have been kidnapped and quite a few KIA as well alongside SAA soldiers.

@Serpentine @raptor22 @vostok

Russia denied that they had any soldiers captured, although it could have been contractors if Isis isn't spreading propaganda.

Notice how Isis is attacking Russian and Syrian positions with everything they have while Russia released satellite images of American forces in the middle of the dessert with nothing but humvies and no real patrols or anything protecting those US soldiers and clearly there is still many Isis forces in the area from various reports as well as Syrian casualties and Russian gun cameras.

Recent Russian terrorist strikes on Idlib and East Ghouta towns:

DKqHpR_XkAEm0ar.jpg

DKlBuKHWAAsaLvM.jpg

DKkzuCSWsAEv8GI.jpg

DKkqLkxXkAA4xgO.jpg

Indiscriminate strikes on populated areas are a war crime and terrorism. Also all areas are in deescalation zones.

Dude... quit acting like you care about the Syrian people and the future of Syria... because its obvious you don't.

Russia denied that they had any soldiers captured, although it could have been contractors if Isis isn't spreading propaganda.

Notice how Isis is attacking Russian and Syrian positions with everything they have while Russia released satellite images of American forces in the middle of the dessert with nothing but humvies and no real patrols or anything protecting those US soldiers and clearly there is still many Isis forces in the area from various reports as well as Syrian casualties and Russian gun cameras.
Same Russian clowns who published proofs of Erdogans son trading oil with ISIS.

Russian state channel claims that this guys with Erdogan's son are ISIS terrorists (actually they are kebab restaurant owners).

Dude... quit acting like you care about the Syrian people and the future of Syria... because its obvious you don't.
1) Don't judge me according to yourself.
2) Don't pretend you know what I am thinking.

Same Russian clowns who published proofs of Erdogans son trading oil with ISIS.

Russian state channel claims that this guys with Erdogan's son are ISIS terrorists (actually they are kebab restaurant owners).

1) Don't judge me according to yourself.
2) Don't pretend you know what I am thinking.

You know nothing about them but if I was you I would be more worried about being under surveillance for your online activities and propaganda.

And why are you quoting me where I talked about Russian and Syrian forces fighting Isis and you mention something about a supposed restaurant owner.

By the way Syrian forces took heavy losses today. I thought there was just empty desert and no Isis. Of course your response will be, 'Syrian forces are incompetent, they were killed by a few guys with rusty AKs'. It's just time to admit that sometimes you are full of shit.

Last edited:
You know nothing about them but if I was you I would be more worried about being under surveillance for your online activities and propaganda.
They are Ismail and Ali Kenber. Kebab restaurant owners from Istanbul:

And why are you quoting me where I talked about Russian and Syrian forces fighting Isis and you mention something about a supposed restaurant owner.
I am saying that Russian sources are pathological liars. Pics they posted are lie too.

DKfklG4XcAAPz5v.jpg

DKfkntkW0AAeBkr.jpg

By the way Syrian forces took heavy losses today. I thought there was just empty desert and no Isis. Of course your response will be, 'Syrian forces are incompetent, they were killed by a few guys with rusty AKs'. It's just time to admit that sometimes you are full of shit.
US is fighting ISIS for 3 years and made exceptional successes. They drived ISIS from all major Iraqi towns and northern populated areas of Syria. The only reason Assadists started fighting ISIS is that they want to capture oil before Kurds. So much greed that they rushed to make a bridge before securing flanks.

Back
Top Bottom