What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Here's the current situation in Aleppo city and south Aleppo:
JSuXw0i.png

JSuXw0i.png

Khan Tuman is a bigger village than I thought, Iran lost 13 soldiers in the process of the offensive apparently too, which is surprising. They must not have anticipated it, or simply the Iranian army is not as competent as some may believe. I used to always say that Hezbollah has better preparedness, training, and combat skills than the Iranian army. I attribute this to the conflict with Israel, which raised their paranoia and forced them into taking serious measures for combat readiness.

Khan Tuman is a bigger village than I thought, Iran lost 13 soldiers in the process of the offensive apparently too, which is surprising. They must not have anticipated it, or simply the Iranian army is not as competent as some may believe. I used to always say that Hezbollah has better preparedness, training, and combat skills than the Iranian army. I attribute this to the conflict with Israel, which raised their paranoia and forced them into taking serious measures for combat readiness.
Syrian army is better than Iranian.

JSuXw0i.png
Ayn al Ja7sh :lol: is under ISIS.

Syrian pound is collapsing below 600 per dollar.

Wasn't it supposed to be ceasefire in Aleppo city?

Wasn't it supposed to be ceasefire in Aleppo city?

Yes, but ceasefire was not going to hold, when several groups in the area and surrounding it are not part of the cease fire list and will be targeted. So it naturally was going to cause breakdown of events there, partially because ISIS offensives on the east and Nusra/Ahrar offensives in Latakia/Aleppo.

Yes, but ceasefire was not going to hold, when several groups in the area and surrounding it are not part of the cease fire list and will be targeted. So it naturally was going to cause breakdown of events there, partially because ISIS offensives on the east and Nusra/Ahrar offensives in Latakia/Aleppo.

From the beginning cease fire was a tactic to gain time in order to help terrorists with manpower and weapons.

From the beginning cease fire was a tactic to gain time in order to help terrorists with manpower and weapons.
And the Syrian ate the bate so wise and so smart now to regain the lost they need to bring more forces not to mention now the sails of the terrorist supporters are blown.

I object to 'terrorist' label for anybody, as it is political term to enforce one side narrative on conflict, so I will leave that to people to judge where they stand.

As for cease fire, it will not help much in regards of arming and manpower. People exaggerate that effect. To me, it seems like Russia felt confident that it can force West into negotiating table now, and diminished military option. I don't believe a political plan will come out of it, and not sure what will follow. Russia can help pro-Assad alliance in taking over Aleppo, problem is do they expect foreign intervention at that point. I don't know, we will see what is coming.

Iranian news outlets reporting 83 killed, wounded, missing, or captured. IRGC spokesman says 15 KIAs, 21 WIAs in Khan Touman. Note that IRGC and Fatimiyoun were both there. Rebels claim 70-100 killed.

Rebels encircled Khan Touman completely before going for it:
Chx2zedXEAAxTq5.jpg

Chx20kaXAAASpL5.jpg

Chx21vRWwAAVszn.jpg

Chx22t5WwAA6vnC.jpg

Pictures from JulianRoepcke. There was drone footage of the offensive so this was pretty accurate, however location of VBIED (star) is a little off. Otherwise, good map.

I saw pictures of dozens of killed. Can't post for obvious reasons, but lots of killed Shiites in Khan Touman + lots of Ghanima.

Also they launched a failed counteroffensive from Humeira on to Khan Touman, ~20 more killed, 1 tank destroyed on Khan Touman outskirts. Jaysh al Fateh is back :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom