What's new

Sweden trying to sell India next generation Gripen – Lockheed Martin offers F-16s

I agree. But again Mig35 is twin engine hence lot of problems regarding maintenance and availability. India should look for single engine fighters.

Not, if we locally produce everything in India. We will have to replicate the Su-30MKI story with Mig-35. With local production of engines, we can achieve around 75-80% availability time.

there is not going to be MMRCA. Choosing Rafale was a big mistake given that India was trying to fill the gap of Mig21. Rafale cost $250 million a piece. A price tag that doesn't allow India to fill a gap left by retiring almost 500 fighters. Either F16, Grippen, or Tejas can only fill that gap.
but deal is signed already and as i remember not everyday deals signs . now take a break sir.

those were nice days of my life when we have daily here
f-16 le lo
f-18 le lo
gripen lle lo
rafale le lo
mig-35 le lo

hahahaha we have fun all the time and sure trolling . i wish i read those posts again :partay:

but deal is signed already and as i remember not everyday deals signs . now take a break sir.

those were nice days of my life when we have daily here
f-16 le lo
f-18 le lo
gripen lle lo
rafale le lo
mig-35 le lo

hahahaha we have fun all the time and sure trolling . i wish i read those posts again :partay:

But I guess you don't expect India to not go without any fighters. There is a gap and it will be filled. It more of evaluating a fighter that fits the bill.

Where the money Rafael costing 10 billion for 36 jets ,India need to replace more than 400 jets in next 2 decade ,you can't replace it with Rafael ,I say scrap tejas mk 2 & buy grippen NG or f 16v & direct rest of the funds on AMCA development

36 jets for 10 includes weapons,infra,training,life cycle costs... and its availability rate is 80-90 while our own MKI's would cost us more than Rafale with Weapons, Maintenance and poor availability rates. Qatar and egypt paid 7 billion for 24 Jets, Rafale is not cheap.. and its damn capable fighter which is going to change any scenario during the war.

We don't need to replace the 400 Jets with rafale. most of the fighter we need to replace for the Low category Jets like Mig-21 and 27s and that's where Tejas comes in. Its very expensive to replace them all with a Imported Jets... on paper Lca MK1A looks very good, if HAL does the miracle by next year with AESA on Tejas, there's no way IAF going to ignore it.

the idea is to self reliance scraping Tejas is only going to put us behind, then why are we buying Rafale??? because we need the Tech and assistance ( back door deals) for the dev of AMCA.

See our goal is not be reliant on others in the future... FGFA will be top and AMCA will be medium category and LCA mk2 will be the low point defense fighter.

36 jets for 10 includes weapons,infra,training,life cycle costs... and its availability rate is 80-90 while our own MKI's would cost us more than Rafale with Weapons, Maintenance and poor availability rates. Qatar and egypt paid 7 billion for 24 Jets, Rafale is not cheap.. and its damn capable fighter which is going to change any scenario during the war.

We don't need to replace the 400 Jets with rafale. most of the fighter we need to replace for the Low category Jets like Mig-21 and 27s and that's where Tejas comes in. Its very expensive to replace them all with a Imported Jets... on paper Lca MK1A looks very good, if HAL does the miracle by next year with AESA on Tejas, there's no way IAF going to ignore it.

the idea is to self reliance scraping Tejas is only going to put us behind, then why are we buying Rafale??? because we need the Tech and assistance ( back door deals) for the dev of AMCA.

See our goal is not be reliant on others in the future... FGFA will be top and AMCA will be medium category and LCA mk2 will be the low point defense fighter.
When we are getting tejas mk 2..2024 I guess, We will still be inducting 4th generally platform when countries will be moving to 6th generation platforms it's high time mk 2 be cancelled & money diverted for AMCA with first flight targeted by 2021-22

India should calm down、sit down、think things through and plan for the next 50 years。

Throwing all that money in a haste into buying expensive foreign jets is not conducive to building India's homegrown aeronautic industry。

No country is gonna invade India tomorrow。

But I guess you don't expect India to not go without any fighters. There is a gap and it will be filled. It more of evaluating a fighter that fits the bill.
no country will permanent stop buying jets i am clear sir .sure more and more coming

But simply because they are single engine ones, its hard for me to see their, production here.
They are not a " MEDIUMweight Multirole Combat Aircraft ".

A super hornet is one.

the F-16 has evolved from being a LWF to a MWF in my opinion.

it can carry just as much in ordnance as the Rafale, but the Rafale has better range.

When we are getting tejas mk 2..2024 I guess, We will still be inducting 4th generally platform when countries will be moving to 6th generation platforms it's high time mk 2 be cancelled & money diverted for AMCA with first flight targeted by 2021-22

which country is moving on to 6th gen.. China doesn't have a proper 5th gen fighter Pakistan !! wouldn't induct anything before 2025 by that time we'll start to induct FGFA/PAK-FA, the country which is moving to 6th gen is the leader of Technology and and they've placed the 5th gen for years now,,, we can't do that.

Dude like i already said.. mk2 will replace to low category fighters.... you don't want AMCA or FGFA to replace mig-21, even the Americans are stil adding 4.5th gen fighter such as F-18s as we speak.. no country is currently capable to replace their entire Jets with 5th Gen Jet... even the PLAAF is having hundreds of Old fighters based o mig-21 and are still inducing J-10s ect... Rafale is almost equal to 5th Gen, remember that Rafale has defeated F-22 in a close rage dog fight in 2014-15. for the AMCA to come out as a successor we need the expertise from FGFA which we're getting is very minimum and certai help from rafale. and the know how from tejas.

f-16in-1.jpg

go from protesting about the sale of 8 F-16 to Pakistan to potentially buying/building the most advance version of the F-16 in the dozens.

fight fire with fire

DSC_1767.jpg

Looks like we finally MoD ears listening to F16 block 60 with interest... :lol: We can't buy Gripin NG Tejas MK1-P could be better in all aspects. But the problem is India can manage to produce upto 128 Tejas in 8 years @16 per annum. So it would be wise to make F16 in numbers. With ToT. :cheers:. Best bet against Chinese J10 B and J11s. Our mission and mirage could take care of F16 block 52s and J17 of Pakistan

Looks like we finally MoD ears listening to F16 block 60 with interest... :lol: We can't buy Gripin NG Tejas MK1-P could be better in all aspects. But the problem is India can manage to produce upto 128 Tejas in 8 years @16 per annum. So it would be wise to make F16 in numbers. With ToT. :cheers:. Best bet against Chinese J10 B and J11s. Our mission and mirage could take care of F16 block 52s and J17 of Pakistan
no matter what they say its super hornets and growlers if things dont work on rafale and since manohar pariker has already said "rafales price is not right" its final i guess

but why not mig35s as its long legged , no need for aditional training and mantaioinence infra and has AESA & couple of internal IRST/OLS too

Weapons not included I think, otherwise we should be hearing numbers of missile come with it..

When mirages were upgraded for 4billion$ , I hoped for a weapons inclusive deal
But turned out NOT.

If I had the option, then get 54 Rafale in fly in condition from France to keep the price low, and struck a deal with Russia for around 150 Mig-35 to be built in India.

100-120 F-16 IN is viable only if they offer that for around 50-60 Million a piece, still I'd go for 150 more Mig-35, just in case, I'll not be comfortable pitching our F-16s against Pakistani F-16s.
And turn iaf into circus

Back
Top Bottom