What's new

Swat Peace Deal - The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pakistan Army must act with full force so these ******* Mullahs realize their power can be challenged."

I love your sentiment but you're talking about Zia's legacy here. Who's the Mullah-killing trigger-puller in your outfit?

Outsource this to the Israelis. They won't mind taking the fall and are efficient for a fair price. Good chance for the ISI and others to get a bit better acquainted too.

Never know what you can learn and from who.;)
I am not just talking about Mullahs fighting with Pakistan Army.I am also talking about those who show open public support to Talibans and think they cannot be controlled.Army and ISI has to create some PR Campaign which can counter this Jihad so people give more support to Army then these ******* Mullahs.Pakistan will be gone one way or another if Pakistanis keep supporting these bastards.I may not like some American Policies but yes, Pakistan have built a very huge deadly monster which is dangerous for the whole world and more importantly for Pakistan.

Last edited:
General Zia really ruined Pakistan and because of him a lot of bigoted religious Generals came to power...

Yes i know he is the one who imposed sharia on all of pakistan but we can learn from his mistake or intention and do something that won't come back to bite us on the*** later.

"Pakistan Army must act with full force so these ******* Mullahs realize their power can be challenged."

I love your sentiment but you're talking about Zia's legacy here. Who's the Mullah-killing trigger-puller in your outfit?

Outsource this to the Israelis. They won't mind taking the fall and are efficient for a fair price. Good chance for the ISI and others to get a bit better acquainted too.

:agree:...i totally agree S2.
Drastic situation calls for drastic steps.

Shall we collect funds to hire an assassin?
:sniper:

Last edited:

Always the tactful one..
It does have merit but who of significance will ever see your suggestion?
BUT you do not want these mullahs to become martyrs.

Pity.:tsk:

I agree and the only way like i said before is to take the fight to swat and to intimidate the taliban to stop them from moving forward and to squeeze them into such a tight spot that they'll run back to afghanistan where the U.S forces can handle them in any way they want.Its simple.

The situation in Swat as is now and also now in Buner was unfortunately outlined in many way by some of us. That some of us, were from memory, in the majority not Pakistani. We were in essence booed down on this.

Many here have denounced your government, past and present, as being a US puppet. Your news papers also carry this line. So the deal with the TTP was seen by all as a good thing and more so since the US had serious doubts about it.

It is really about time the people of Pakistan and the media started to realise your governments have NOT been puppets of the US.
OK hard pill to swallow.
Your government, both provincial and national has been worse; they have been ones of following the line of least resistance. It is a case of do nothing, hope people are happy and hold power.

I hope people are now changing their opinions and with that possibly their demands on the GoP will change.

You can bluster about the whole issue here but honesty it means sweet FA.
You have to do it where it is noticed and where the media might actually start to see thing need addressing. Leads to governments changing attitudes.

Yes the Taliban what ever form are a cancer. Cancer needs drastic and quick surgery to remove. It also needs a sound follow up process.
Your government needs to do that surgery and also develop a good economic policy to assist these regions as well as your country as a whole.

The only people who can solve this are the Pakistanis themselves. It is not just the Army, ISI, it is everyone.

"Always the tactful one.."

A veritable model of decorum and grace, I am.:lol:

Sorta comes with the turf.:usflag:

Always the tactful one..
It does have merit but who of significance will ever see your suggestion?
BUT you do not want these mullahs to become martyrs.

Pity.:tsk:

A catch twenty two situation.
Making them a martyr will even be worse.
If only we can make TTP turn on each other then the heads shall roll.

If suicide bombers are really for hire then why not put them to good use against TTP and i am sure TTP will turn tails.
Alas us normal humans can never stoop that low and that is why such people cannot be matched in brutality.

Anyhow, it does not mean we let them roam free.
Buner needs an Army action just to show some force and some rebel heads for a change!

"If suicide bombers are really for hire then why not put them to good use against TTP and i am sure TTP will turn tails."

That's beyond the pale. Can't even remotely go there. Think about it. I'm talking professional assassins.

You may well be talking about children bonded by families that surrender these unfortunates for a moment of irhabi glory in their village and some pittance from B. Mehsud.

No sir.:tdown:

"If suicide bombers are really for hire then why not put them to good use against TTP and i am sure TTP will turn tails."

That's beyond the pale. Can't even remotely go there. Think about it. I'm talking professional assassins.

You may well be talking about children bonded by families that surrender these unfortunates for a moment of irhabi glory in their village and some pittance from B. Mehsud.

No sir.:tdown:

Yeah i know, and that is why i said we cannot stoop that low.
Professionals are needed, and if words could kill then i think many members here can do it...:)

BTW the way TTP are afraid of Polio vaccination i wonder...maybe they are allergic to it being another species...Homo Retardicus?
Lets use a crop duster with Polio vaccine...
don't mind my humor, just blowing some steam.

I think all efforts should be made to eliminate high value masterminds and that does require some thing more subtle than Army operation; not that Army operation is not needed.

BTW for those who are criticizing ISI all the time, i was surprised to learn from a reliable someone that ISI operatives/field agents martyred while fighting or infiltrating the terrorist networks are nearly 50-100.
Now that is a lot and i think ISI is trying hard as much as other branches of the Army but this has to be a NATIONAL STRUGGLE...it is a war for liberation.

The nation needs to wake up and smell the gunpowder which TTP is filling the atmosphere with.

Last edited:
If only we can make TTP turn on each other then the heads shall roll.

Not going to be easy.
But you could get and Indian to do it and then perhaps they will all go across that border.

Seriously things must happen and sorry but collateral damage will occur.

but this has to be a NATIONAL STRUGGLE...it is a war for liberation.

The nation needs to wake up and smell the gunpowder which TTP is filling the atmosphere with.

Becareful. Words like these are starting to make you sound like me.. :tsk:

You are correct BUT one has to get the nation moving.. that is the biggest problem.

NA approves Nizam-e-Adl Reguation 2009

Updated at: 2050 PST, Monday, April 13, 2009
ISLAMABAD: The National Assembly has passed a resolution with majority in support of Nizam-e-Adl Regulation 2009 for implementation of Shariah in Malakand Dvision.

The resolution recommends approving of Nizam-e-Adl Regulation by President Asif Ali Zardari.

Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani speaking on the occasion said the Parliament was taken into confidence in the above matter and added: “We respect the mandate of the provincial government and congratulate the people.”

Earlier, Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) representatives staged a walk out from the session.

The Prime Minster at the time of presenting the Regulation before the Parliament said Asfandyar Wali and Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman had been taken into confidence.

Awami National Party (ANP) had protested on tabling of the Regulation 2009 at the Parliament.

Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs presented Nizam-e-Adl Regulation 2009.

NA approves Nizam-e-Adl Reguation 2009

President signs Nizam-e-Adl Regulation: Bilour

Updated at: 2100 PST, Monday, April 13, 2009
ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari has signed Nizam-e-Adl Regulation 2009 after it was approved with majority by the Parliament, Senior Minister Bashir Ahmed Bilour said on Monday.

The National Assembly passed the resolution with majority in support of Nizam-e-Adl Regulation 2009 for implementation of Shariah in Malakand Dvision.

The resolution recommends approving of Nizam-e-Adl Regulation by President Asif Ali Zardari.

Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani speaking on the occasion said the Parliament was taken into confidence in the above matter and added: “We respect the mandate of the provincial government and congratulate the people.”

Earlier, Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) representatives staged a walk out from the session.

The Prime Minster at the time of presenting the Regulation before the Parliament said Asfandyar Wali and Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman had been taken into confidence.

Awami National Party (ANP) had protested on tabling of the Regulation 2009 at the Parliament.

Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs presented Nizam-e-Adl Regulation 2009.
President signs Nizam-e-Adl Regulation: Bilour

Some analysis on the Zardari decision to table the NAR in the National Assembly:

Zardari throws Taliban deal to Nawaz camp

Monday, April 13, 2009

By Rauf Klasra

ISLAMABAD: Resisting pressure from the establishment, President Asif Zardari in a dramatic move, has decided to let all the political parties share the burden of signing the controversial deal with the Taliban by throwing the ball in the court of parliament.

Zardari does not want to be held responsible for any negative fallout if this deal backfires in future, as then parliament will be responsible. But his plans have been upstaged by the ANP, which says parliament must first be empowered and only then it can take such responsibility.

Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani was also said to have been caught off guard when he received the copy of Nizam-e-Adl from the presidency to table it before parliament as he, too, like rest of the politicians was expecting the president to sign the agreement.

The move has put the PML-N in particular and other parties like the PML-Q in general in a fix, as their leaders have not indicated how they will react when this proposed law lands in parliament.

A top-level source claimed President Zardari was under tremendous pressure to sign the deal without wasting time as he was being threatened that if he delayed, it might derail the peace process in Swat. Even, one source said, Sufi Muhammad used to mount pressure on Zardari to sign the deal after he suddenly announced to put an end to his stay in Swat, blaming the government for not signing the deal. The military establishment was particularly keen to see the president putting his signature on the proposed agreement.

However, there were only two elements, which were openly opposing this deal, the MQM and the US, as they saw trouble coming in case the Taliban were given a free hand to run Swat in line with their own version of Islam.

Sources said Parliamentary Affairs Minister Dr Babar Awan advised the president not to take the responsibility of this deal, as it would not be a wise move. Dr Awan was of the view this deal should be sent to parliament for discussion, debate and subsequent approval or rejection.

Awan was said to be of the view if parliament, representing the people of Pakistan, was ready to ink the deal with Taliban, the PPP government would not be singled out in case the deal went wrong at any stage.

Awan wanted Nawaz Sharif should also sign this deal so in the days to come they should not take a U-turn to blast the PPP. The aides of the president argued: “Let’s see how the US now convince their new friend Nawaz Sharif not to sign the deal in parliament.”

The president’s camp thinks if the PML-N backed the deal in parliament, it would lose sympathy and support in Washington and London. Likewise, all those elements within Pakistan who were against this deal would also come to know the policies of the PML-N as to how it would deal with the issue of the Taliban in case it returns to power after any mid-term general election in the country.

Zardari throws Taliban deal to Nawaz camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom