What's new

Swat Peace Deal - The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taliban Extend Patrols and Recruiting In Buner-Dawn

A photo of a dead policeman with a irhabi fcuk standing over him graces this story and it's none too pretty.

Here the DCO for Buner. This man should be tried for treason and gross stupidity-

"We are in constant touch with the leadership of Taliban in Swat and the situation will return to normal in next few days,’ said the Buner district coordination officer Jawed Ahmad.

The DCO told Dawn by phone:‘We have adopted policy of restraint as a slight mistake could derail the entire peace initiative launched by the government.
These Taliban are peaceful and have till now not harmed any individual in the district.’

He dispelled the impression of any recruitment by the Swat Taliban in Buner stating that they had not received any such report. He added that the local people had entered into an agreement with the Taliban in Swat through a jirga."

Idiot. That's one of his police officers lying dead. Peaceful my eye.

You deserve all you get and more with these numbskulls at your lead and you willingly following. Surrender now while you've the chance. Give yourselves over to these men and reconcile yourselves to the stone age before they whack your heads.

One quiet tumble after the another. Quite sad and I'm not certain I've ever seen such a quiet walk to the gas chamber.

Pure passive acceptance.:tsk:

Last edited:
S2

S. Cohen has it about right - Pakistan are negotiating with a gun held to their own heads.

What is pathetic is all those that most hear are coinvinced are the enemy, ie, the Indian and the American are in the lead of trying to awaken Pakistanis - while the pakistanis behave like emotional drawfs and pretend that they will be doing the world a favor by saving themselves.

It sad and unfortunate, but like a Afghan friend said to me, "you Pakistanis think Islam will do us Afghans good, well, maybe the same islam will do you good as well"

Unfortunately the kinds of persons who write on this forum will not experience that islam first hand, at least not just yet.

Reactions: sob
why have the security forces not succeded in swat while they had success in other areas? Would the experts reflect on this. How come they continue to expand their influence to adjacent areas? they are able to move in convoys with full show of heavy weapons and nothing is done. This creates doubts in the minds of general public regards the ability and sincerity of our politicians and security forces.
as a concerned pakistani it makes me very worried.
please make sincere comments. And if our indian friens are making comments don't get carried away. Thanks:pakistan:

This is sheer nonsense.
Utterly unacceptable being a Pakistani who lives here and wants to live here.
Is this what i should expect from a democracy that the democratically elected reps claim to have made sacrifices but cannot act when their countrymen are subjected to tyranny by thugs like TTP.
What is holding the DCO back from acting?

This is what has happened everywhere and so eloquently refuted by many people who sympathize with Taliban

TTP goes in a town and then meets up the key families which can oppose them in terms of money, men and will.
The families which try to take action are assassinated whereas the others are forced to become uneasy allies.
After this hold is established the TTP is like a cancer in the body of the town and to kick it out is very difficult.

This is something i am very well aware of since i know such families in 2 areas under Taliban control who are forced into uneasy alliance.
I will not name the areas for fear of security of the families.

This is screwed up and when people try to close their eyes and confuse rest with the notion that our Army action is not for Pakistan that is what burns my blood.

To my mind there are 4 kinds of Pakistanis who can support TTP after what they have done and continue to do to our Motherland.
This is based on my personal arguments with many people.

1) Mentally sick and want people to suffer in the name of a farce which is passed on as Islam since they know no better and have nothing useful to do with their own lives.

2) Mentally challenged and cannot realize that evil that is there screaming in front of us and think that it will all go away once we become better Muslims, sadly the definition of Islam has been left to the likes of TTP so what to expect?

3) People who dream of Muslim unity and think it should be achieved by any means necessary and Pakistan should be the test bed for their half baked theories...this is the worst case since they are well educated and by justifying TTP's anti state actions as pro Muslim unity actions; they are willing to destroy everything good about Pakistan including our identity, to rebuild it into something which may never work.

4) Living abroad and get their kicks out of supporting TTP knowing fully well that they will be watching from the sidelines and people like me will be suffering back home.

I maybe sounding a bit offensive but i hate this ignorance and cannot stand it.
I am utterly lost in a sea of confusion.

We need to fight for Pakistan.
Is this what we are to expect from a democratically elected government?

Where is our pride and our honor?
Till when will we call our Army to be fighting for hire whereas it was and is fighting against our worst enemies yet?
Do we have the courage to call our soldiers martyrs and not killed in action?

Wake up Pakistanis before we sell our ideology to these thugs for hire called TTP.

Because IMO FC is seriousely ill equipped plus let's not forget Army does not have full nation support so their morale is not exactly very HIGH.

why have the security forces not succeded in swat while they had success in other areas? Would the experts reflect on this. How come they continue to expand their influence to adjacent areas? they are able to move in convoys with full show of heavy weapons and nothing is done. This creates doubts in the minds of general public regards the ability and sincerity of our politicians and security forces.
as a concerned pakistani it makes me very worried.
please make sincere comments. And if our indian friens are making comments don't get carried away. Thanks:pakistan:

ARMY is the only force which is brave enough and well trained enough to take on this menace at this point in time.
Is Pakistan under Marshall Law? No!
Army needs to be called by the respective government departments who feel that they are inadequate to do the job...but these punks would rather meekly surrender than call in the cavalry.

Classic example is Buner.
The poor policemen were killed and DCO has the f**king audacity to praise the peaceful intent of Taliban....this nonsense has to stop or the only thing i see to save our beloved country is Marshall Law...which i hate but i do not see any other way yet.
The TTP chapter in Buner is absolutely brand new...capture them all and make them an example, if you cannot do the job then call in the Army but do not F**k around with your country's security...that is a sacred responsibility!!!

MPs opposing bill will be considered infidels: Taliban | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

MPs opposing bill will be considered infidels: Taliban
Published: April 13, 2009

PESHAWAR - Amir Izat Khan and Haji Muslim Khan, the spokesmen of Tehreek-e-Nifaz-e-Shariat-e-Muhammadi (TNSM) and Tehreek-e-Taliban (TTP), Swat Chapter, respectively, on Sunday said that those members of the Parliament who would oppose the Nizam-e-Adl Regulation bill would be considered as apostates.
They said this while talking to TheNation via telephone. TNSM spokesman Izat Khan said that the residents of Malakand Division are Muslims and it is their right to impose Shariah in their area and decide the matters according to the Quranic injunctions. He also urged the members of the Parliament to press Asif Zardari to sign the Nizam-e-Adl Regulation. TTP Swat Chapter spokesman Haji Muslim Khan also spoke and said that those members of the Parliament who would cast votes against Nizam-e-Adl Regulation would contest the next general election from minority seats as after opposing the bill they would not have the right to contest polls on the Muslim seats. They would be considered as infidels or enemies of Islam, he said.
He also added that Swat Taliban would abide by the peace accord. However, he added that the federal government is not sincere in peace in the area.
He also said that Pakistan’s leadership is a US puppet and they are killing their own people for the sake of American dollars.
Meanwhile three personnel of the security forces were injured when Taliban attacked a convoy of the security forces in Fatehpur area of Khwazakhila.

Read between the lines and we should all realize what happens when you bring in someone like Sufi Muhammad to broker peace...this is the turning point in our history as a democracy.
The statements reflect the lies, deceit and sheer audacity of the Taliban and their supporters to ridicule Pakistan!
This is one good thing done by Zardari, to pass it on to the Parliament...let us see whether our democratically elected reps have the guts to say that whatever the outcome of the parliamentary decision, the TNSM should shove it and refrain from making any such statement otherwise government will be forced to take them all to task immediately.

"Is this what we are to expect from a democratically elected government?"

I dunno. Don't blame democracy. Plenty of democratic nations who'll fight. Are you a nation or a state? That's the difference. I don't believe America became a nation until we fought and resolved our differences by force of arms and a DAMNED bloody civil war.

Sometimes that's what it takes to earn your right to be a nation. I think that Iraq may yet have to cross this bridge to validate itself. Perhaps you too. No state is guaranteed it's existence because somebody drew some lines and waved a wand.

There must be common cause and adherance to common law. You've neither-especially now.

Your P.M. broke my heart and I'm unsure if I'll answer. I don't know what to say except God bless and protect over you and yours.

Your country needs it and I'm unsure that anybody can now help you but yourselves. Get that firing pin fixed. You will almost certainly need it.

Thanks.

"Is this what we are to expect from a democratically elected government?"

I dunno. Don't blame democracy. Plenty of democratic nations who'll fight. Are you a nation or a state? That's the difference. I don't believe America became a nation until we fought and resolved our differences by force of arms and a DAMNED bloody civil war.

Sometimes that's what it takes to earn your right to be a nation. I think that Iraq may yet have to cross this bridge to validate itself. Perhaps you too. No state is guaranteed it's existence because somebody drew some lines and waved a wand.

There must be common cause and adherance to common law. You've neither-especially now.

Your P.M. broke my heart and I'm unsure if I'll answer. I don't know what to say except God bless and protect over you and yours.

Your country needs it and I'm unsure that anybody can now help you but yourselves. Get that firing pin fixed. You will almost certainly need it.

Thanks.

My bitter resentment was not targeted at democracy.
Actually i was referring to a democratically elected government of Pakistan which should be more affirmative in its actions as a consequence of it being an elected house of representatives.
I do not like Marshall law but how can the Army intervene when the Government itself remains silent?

At least some framework needs to be established to deploy a rapid reaction force in case Taliban try to take over a village and local administration meekly submits. Whether force is Army, FC or an Elite Police force is not that important. The ability to act in time is critical.
It's availability to at least hold its own against Taliban is the key factor here.
If the locals see such a force in their midst they shall themselves talk in a much different manner to the Taliban.

As we type away the Taliban are in Buner openly challenging the writ of the government. They occupy shrines and mosques in a bid not only to recruit but also as a safety cushion in case forces take them on....this is all too similar to the pathetic mentality of the Red Mosque militants who were hiding in a mosque and using women and children as shields.

I totally agree that we as a nation need to define our boundaries and our identity.
We owe that to ourselves, our founding fathers and our generations to come.
May the young ones see peace and prosperity in their lives as Pakistanis.
Amen

Most training is conducted to the lowest level, if that makes sense.

The premise behind that is that any organization is as strong or weak as it's weakest link. My point is elite reaction forces and all else are fine but if the population simply acquiesces beforehand and complains about the government's inability to secure without loss of life, then your leaders will hesitate.

In their hesitation, they shall fail.

We see it now. Rumblings that the army fears a loss of "prestige", i.e. authority among the populace. Your political leaders fear public opinion polls if far enough away from the scene. If closer, they fear for their heads.

The war is not yet rampant but the intimidation is already completely over-the-top everywhere in your country, Karachi to Islamabad, Lahore to Quetta and Peshawar.

You don't have to live in FATA or NWFP to get a phone call at night now or a letter because of something you say or do. It can happen anywhere in Pakistan and is. That intimidation occurs BEFORE the first pick-up truck pulls into town.

Sorry. I'm rambling now.

Very, very frustrated.

Most training is conducted to the lowest level, if that makes sense.

The premise behind that is that any organization is as strong or weak as it's weakest link. My point is elite reaction forces and all else are fine but if the population simply acquiesces beforehand and complains about the government's inability to secure without loss of life, then your leaders will hesitate.

In their hesitation, they shall fail.

We see it now. Rumblings that the army fears a loss of "prestige", i.e. authority among the populace. Your political leaders fear public opinion polls if far enough away from the scene. If closer, they fear for their heads.

The war is not yet rampant but the intimidation is already completely over-the-top everywhere in your country, Karachi to Islamabad, Lahore to Quetta and Peshawar.

You don't have to live in FATA or NWFP to get a phone call at night now or a letter because of something you say or do. It can happen anywhere in Pakistan and is. That intimidation occurs BEFORE the first pick-up truck pulls into town.

Sorry. I'm rambling now.

Very, very frustrated.

I agree and the only way like i said before is to take the fight to swat and to intimidate the taliban to stop them from moving forward and to squeeze them into such a tight spot that they'll run back to afghanistan where the U.S forces can handle them in any way they want.Its simple.

Pakistan has to scare the Mullahs one way or another.Recently i was reading news paper and read about this Mullah who challenged Government to not change Madrahsa Syllabus?I mean what the ****..ISI should send some agents to kill this Mullah.Pakistan Army must act with full force so these ******* Mullahs realize their power can be challenged.

Pakistan has to scare the Mullahs one way or another.Recently i was reading news paper and read about this Mullah who challenged Government to not change Madrahsa Syllabus?I mean what the ****..ISI should send some agents to kill this Mullah.Pakistan Army must act with full force so these ******* Mullahs realize their power can be challenged.

Exactly the Pakistan army has to ram these mullahs head on and throw them aback to where they came from and tell them that WE WILL NOT LET YOU TAKE OVER OUR COUNTRY!!!!

"Pakistan Army must act with full force so these ******* Mullahs realize their power can be challenged."

I love your sentiment but you're talking about Zia's legacy here. Who's the Mullah-killing trigger-puller in your outfit?

Outsource this to the Israelis. They won't mind taking the fall and are efficient for a fair price. Good chance for the ISI and others to get a bit better acquainted too.

Never know what you can learn and from who.;)

Exactly the Pakistan army has to ram these mullahs head on and throw them aback to where they came from and tell them that WE WILL NOT LET YOU TAKE OVER OUR COUNTRY!!!!
General Zia really ruined Pakistan and because of him a lot of bigoted religious Generals came to power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom