What's new

Swat Operation II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the Colonel was shot through the helmet. The Army only used WP for smoke and flash purposes. The SSG don't sure incendiary weapons like the Israelis might have had through their wide spread shelling. WF use for smoke, flash and illumination is legitimate. Why do we Pakistanis like to needlessly controversial-ize everything?

I agree with you that we should have blind trust on our leaders but in past our leadership had never taken public opinion when ever there is danger to our national unity.

Because there is no such thing as a set 'public opinion'. Its just a whirlpool of BS. Take the Red Mosque for example. Newspapers and writers were ranting about government failure to uphold the law and what not, but when they finally did it those same people started accusing the government for not being flexible enough, I swear to God makes me so mad. But that’s how 'public opinion' is in Pakistan.

Because there is no such thing as a set 'public opinion'. Its just a whirlpool of BS. Take the Red Mosque for example. Newspapers and writers were ranting about government failure to uphold the law and what not, but when they finally did it those same people started accusing the government for not being flexible enough, I swear to God makes me so mad. But that’s how 'public opinion' is in Pakistan.

We got independence but we continue the use of instruments of british rule,always bulldoze public opinion and rights that is reason every citizen or even member of law and security enforcing agency is in mad mode and frustrated.

Present constitution and law of Pakistan need general overall , which completely failed to serve our nation for implementation of law and order,education and health standards and poverty elevation.

We need implementation of shariah law and rules in society if we are serious to restore our dignity and honor in family of nation .

When ever there is any disaster at national level we start blaming media,leaders and foriegn elements and neighbour coutries but never tried to know what are our national evils curruption,lawlessness,poverty,litracy,injustice etc and how we could eliminate them from society.

We believe that use of force is only solution of all problem ,what ever is going on in pakistan is valcano of public anger which is now going out of control and making people more frustated and mad and confused.:hitwall::taz: :cheesy:

Whole country is burning due to wrong policies of government but look at our leadership enjoying summit in devos:lol:

PERISCOPE: Taliban Country —Mahmud Sipra

January 29, 2009

One often hears politicians of every stripe nauseatingly proclaim every time they are near a microphone or a television camera how “every inch of Pakistan’s sovereign territory will be defended with every ounce of our blood.”

How about taking back almost five and a half thousand square kilometres that make up the once tranquil valley of Swat for starters?

I have to confess that I am probably one of those few people who, although having grown up in Pakistan, never got around to visiting what is one of its most picturesque valleys — Swat.

And now, I probably never will. Not in this lifetime, at least.

Swat was our Kashmir, in tourist attraction terms that is. That comparison must end here though. I heard Omar Abdullah, the newly elected rather young Chief Minister of Indian-held Kashmir, say that their Kashmir was “peaceful enough for actor/producer Aamir Khan to come and film there”. I am not aware if Mr Khan took him up on his offer.

I very much doubt if Mr Ameer Haider Khan Hoti, chief minister of the North-West Frontier, can say that to a filmmaker in Pakistan. We all know what nearly happened to Shoaib Mansoor when he was making “Khuda kay Liye”. That he somehow completed his film and lived to tell about it is in itself a miracle. Nevertheless, I am grateful to him for having given my young niece Sarah Tareen a chance to be his understudy on the project.

Swat was universally accepted as breathtakingly beautiful, calm and remote. Its gentle people, who trace their ancestry to the times of Alexander and Chandragupta, stood out from their cousins living in the alluvial plains with their blue eyes, fair skin and light hair, and are considered the most peace loving and hospitable people to be found anywhere in the region.

Those cousins have now become “distant cousins” simply because someone at the post was asleep and neglected to read the message written in the winds that a dark shadow was about to envelope this unsuspecting valley. That it has with such chilling ferocity and cold blooded brutality is something that should be borne in mind by those who still think that Swat is a long way from their apathetic way of life.

Today, this beautiful valley and its people have been subjugated and are being remorselessly terrorised by a cruel horde seeking to impose its brand of Islam on Swat’s inhabitants and turn in to an “emirate”. Never mind that Swat is sovereign Pakistani territory. Or is it?

That sovereignty is today being challenged, the writ of the Government flaunted, leaving the tranquility of this paradise on earth irreparably shattered. Sniper fire, bomb blasts, public hangings of peace loving elders, summary executions of defenceless women, demolition of children’s schools, and sharia courts have turned Swat into Death Valley.

The Pakistan Army is engaging this enemy of many faces, which seems to have infiltrated every sinew and strand of Swat’s tranquil life and scenic splendour, turning it into a vast killing field. It all seems too little too late. One doesn’t have to be a military tactician or a strategist in the Rommel or Guderian mould to have divined that Swat was eminently qualified to become the tantalising soft underbelly of the region where the Taliban would eventually strike.

No pre-emptive moves seemed to have been made to safeguard this strategically vital valley from those who hold sway there now. The historical and military significance of why invading armies — from Alexander to Mahmud to the Mughals right up to the British — found this valley in the foothills of the Hindu Kush a formidable and prized geostrategic natural fortress seemed to have been lost on those who ought to know better.

The result: every forest today is infested with the Taliban who are equipped with the most modern weaponry and a brutal extremist agenda to terrorise its people. Everyday brings in more of these marauders from the hills and the mountain passes. This valley is under siege.

Maulana Fazlur Rehman proclaimed in a speech carried by most of the satellite channels that the inadequate and belated response of the present government has led to the Taliban tweaking Islamabad’s nose by holding large swathes of the frontier province. Implicit in his lament is that the mandate of the “Federally Administered Tribal Areas” has been reduced to the status of a paper tiger and the once all powerful “Political Agent” is now a toothless tiger being held hostage by the trappings of his own office.

No surprise here when you consider that the authorities have been unable to search, jam and destroy even the FM radio stations that the Taliban continue to use effectively with mobility for their propaganda. The Maulana is not exaggerating.

Prime Minister Gilani has categorically stated that “parallel courts” [read sharia courts — a declared Taliban stratagem in Swat] will not be permitted.” Good thinking that, Prime Minister, except their “chief justice” and his cohorts have already shown that their “dharna” is already firmly embedded in the region. It is going to take much more than a long march to snuff out their “oxygen”, sir!

Mahmud Sipra is a best selling author and an independent columnist.

Taliban and their supporters would want us to believe that people of Swat want Sharia and once Sharia is imposed Swat will once again become peaceful, this is just rubbish, if the Swatis really wanted Sharia then why didn’t they vote for Islamic parties like Jamait-e-Islami, JUI-S or JUL-F? Why they voted for liberal-secularist parties ANP and PPP?

Here are the results of the Feb 2008 elections:

ANP won all seven Provincial Assembly seats.

The Election Commission :: Untitled Page
PF-80 Swat-I to PF-86 Swat-VII

One seat each was won by ANP and PPP for the two National Assembly seats.

NA-29 Swat-I NA-30 Swat-II

You have not seen burnt bone of students shown by different news channels,and totally burnt rooms that happened by use of white phosporus bombs ,so no boby exactly count how much numbers of girls students killed during LAL musjid operation also death cause of col haroon is also mistrious story because he was wearing bullet proof jacket .

You don't seem to be an idiot but your post showed that you do believe in idiots!
Please do me a favor, search the internet and find me something as 'lethal' that can burn bones! i have not done any sort of search on this but i know by the use of common sense that this is not possible with the use of white phosphorous!(WP)
WP is used to produce smoke! Smoke i said. It has an incendiary effect by default and it burns things that come in the way, but it cant burn a complete human to vapors!

As far as Col Haroon (Shaheed) is concerned i'll not say anything in his 'safai' and whether he was wearing a bullet proof jacket or not. Not because it is confidential or something hidden but just because this discussion doesn't worth enough that a martyr be discussed within!

New strategy formulated to tackle Swat militancy: Malik

ISLAMABAD: Adviser to the Prime Minister on Interior Rehman Malik Thursday informed the Senate that a new strategy had been evolved to tackle the law and order situation in Swat and expressed the confidence that the law enforcers would succeed in flushing the terrorists out of Swat in few weeks.
Winding up discussion on situation in Swat in the House, he refused to divulge details of the strategy but said he was ready to give an in-camera briefing to the members.
He pointed out that the situation in Mingora was under total control by virtue of the new policy.
It was for the first time that Rehman Malik revealed names of various organisations responsible for the law and order situation in Swat.
He said these included al Qaeda, Tehrik-e-Taliban led by Maulana Fazlullah, Tanzeem-e-Islami, Tora Bora Group and Qari Mushtaq Group.
He said Qari Hussain Ahmed runs a training camp for suicide bombers in Waziristan and Maulana Naamdaar had a role in import of suicide bombers from Waziristan to Swat.
Qari Hussain, a Taliban commander was reported dead in January 2008 after his house was destroyed in an air strike, but the evidence pointed otherwise.
He said the militancy in Swat was not for Shariat, but was aimed at destroying Pakistan.
‘We are after you. We will not let you do what you want to do’, he said while giving a message to the terrorists operating in Swat.
He, however, indicated that the doors of dialogue were still open by saying that the government will continue to pursue the Policy of three Ds including dialogue, development and deterrence.
He said the Army and para-military forces in Swat had been re-energized, curfew had been imposed in some areas and joint pickets had been established.
He said protection will be provided to schools in Swat when they re-open after winter vacations.
Rehman Malik said the number of civilians killed in Swat was around 1200 while another 2000 received injuries in various incidents of violence. He said 189 military personnel also lost their lives.
He informed that 123 government and another 10 private schools had been destroyed in Swat, besides setting ablaze many CD and barber shops. He said the so-called Taliban court had summoned 40 people

You're so cool!:cool:

Good posts and keep finding them from behind your lil' typewriter.:agree:

Taliban and their supporters would want us to believe that people of Swat want Sharia and once Sharia is imposed Swat will once again become peaceful, this is just rubbish, if the Swatis really wanted Sharia then why didn’t they vote for Islamic parties like Jamait-e-Islami, JUI-S or JUL-F? Why they voted for liberal-secularist parties ANP and PPP?

Here are the results of the Feb 2008 elections:

ANP won all seven Provincial Assembly seats.

PF-80 Swat-I to PF-86 Swat-VII

One seat each was won by ANP and PPP for the two National Assembly seats.

NA-29 Swat-I NA-30 Swat-II

Before I comment on your, rather strange, post, I would like to make one thing clear, so you don't jump off the gun, that I am not a Mullah sympathizer, so it shouldn't be misinterpreted.

The turn out in Swat, as I read it the day reports emerged on TV about official calculations, was 18%.

Taking that in account, so basically what you are saying is, 18% voters are all what counts to decide what "Swatayan" wants? (BTW It's not Swatis, its Swatayan).

Moreover, most of the people failed to notice one thing that "MMA" did not run for this election. They boycotted it. So no JUI/JI was in the picture, which has a firm control in the region, hence no massive turnout (votes polled) in the region, and JUI-F, getting away with a seat or two for the reasons because no one else can win from there anyway.

provided the next elections are goign to be held sooner or later, expect a landslide for Qazi's bogey and expect PPP and ANP's grave dug deep in the mountains.

You don't seem to be an idiot but your post showed that you do believe in idiots!
Please do me a favor, search the internet and find me something as 'lethal' that can burn bones! i have not done any sort of search on this but i know by the use of common sense that this is not possible with the use of white phosphorous!(WP)
WP is used to produce smoke! Smoke i said. It has an incendiary effect by default and it burns things that come in the way, but it cant burn a complete human to vapors!

As far as Col Haroon (Shaheed) is concerned i'll not say anything in his 'safai' and whether he was wearing a bullet proof jacket or not. Not because it is confidential or something hidden but just because this discussion doesn't worth enough that a martyr be discussed within!

What about Lt. General Jamshed Kayani's interview, where he mentioned about those bombs used in Lal Masjid, that burned the flesh and bones of the kids inside?

^^^ He talked about WP but I dont think he specified that much. 'Burned flesh and bones of kids', is something I reckon you made up. Is that so my Pashtun friend?

What about Lt. General Jamshed Kayani's interview, where he mentioned about those bombs used in Lal Masjid, that burned the flesh and bones of the kids inside?

Hey dude! why don't you use your brains. Well none of your fault, its just because of the little knowledege that you have about weapons!

No listen carefully!
Gen Kayani said everything right. i have seen that interview. He was a straight and very upright man. He used to talk short and logic, and no BS.

Now had you been wise enough to understand that strategy adopted by media anchors you should have known and understood that these people try to ask questions that have answers in 'yes' and 'no' without letting the interviewee explain his point completely, thus making the viewers believe about false things.
An example can be when Dr Shahid asked were the WP used and Gen Saab tried to explain, but he was snubbed and asked again: whether WP was used or not, and the answer was YES! He was asked does WP burns he said YES, coz yes it do burns. He was asked is WP a chemical yes dude WP is a chemical, what else do you call white or red phosphorous??
Yes dude WP was used. There is no denying this fact.

Now for the BS regarding the usage of 'chemical' weapons. Really i sometime feel that i might stuck something up in the **** of some people who try to fool our already think headed nation by molding the facts. It was said that WP a chemical bomb was used.

Someone should as that idiot that the sh** you eat from Mac and KFC and the stuff they wear and the things they drink and the pen they write with and the oxygen they breath and the salt that they sniff and the glasses they wear are ALL made up of CHEMICALS!!!!

Similarly WP is also a chemical just like the the High Explosive (HE) used in any ordinary bomb or shell.

Try to do some research and understand what actually chemical weapons are. And how 'screwful' (what a word i invented here;))they can be.
A few older CWs are: Trichloromethyl chloroformate, Perchloromethyl mercaptan, Ethyl chlorosulfonate, Xylyl bromide etc etc. difficult to pronounce, oh ya sure they are!!! WP a CW...lolzzzz

So sir, next time when you believe in the BS told to you by some think atleast once before you actually digest it!!!

^^^ He talked about WP but I dont think he specified that much. 'Burned flesh and bones of kids', is something I reckon you made up. Is that so my Pashtun friend?

Wasn't children slaughtered by the operation inside Lal Masjid? The bodies shown on TV were all burnt, and later when Jamshed Kayani spoke about WP and its implications, the burnt bodies of women and children raised lots of questions about WP.

Unless you have a better explanation. I am on recieving end, so if you can prove something other than what we saw and heard from all newspapers and the general himself, I can't help but to associate burns with the WP.

Hey dude! why don't you use your brains. Well none of your fault, its just because of the little knowledege that you have about weapons!

No listen carefully!
Gen Kayani said everything right. i have seen that interview. He was a straight and very upright man. He used to talk short and logic, and no BS.

Well thinking too high of your brain aren't you? you little naughty monster. :p I guess we all watched the interview and your explanation does not fit well with Jamshed saab's (RIP) revelation. You just did some poor defence of the usage of lethal weapons (doesn't matter CW or WP, its still lethal and massive source to use against ones own civilians).

I guess you do need to refresh your memory about General's saab's interview (who happen to pass mysteriously in young age, with a heart attack). It's availabe on Google videos. Watch it again and see what did he say about those bombs, and how much did he explain, which you think he wasn't able to explain his point and was snubbed. :)

Maybe the other viewers (who have no resources) do buy into a lot of crap Shahid Masood plays around, but atleast give me a break man. The world is all open to do research on what is what, and trust me, I can do research on. I am just in for facts and figures with better logic. And what I hear and saw about Lal Masjid, through the Lt. General's words and the media's cameras, doesn't need a Plato to understand what went there.

And just being neutral on the issues and scruitnizing army actions or government (which is every citizens born right, unless you think they are beyond criticism), doesn't make someone an idiot or unpatriotic.

Last edited:
Troops advance as gunships pound Swat Taliban positions

* Malakand DIG office partially destroyed in rocket attack
* Security forces convoys hit by remote-controlled bombs

Staff Report

MINGORA: The military operation against the Taliban in Swat continued on Thursday, with security forces, backed by artillery and helicopter gunships, advancing further into the valley.

The forces continued targeting Taliban hideouts across the district using heavy artillery and mortar shells, reportedly destroying a number of terrorist dens. A mortar shell hit a house in the Manglawar area of Charbagh tehsil during the operation, killing a man, Rehman Ali, and injuring three members of his family, locals said.

DIG office: Also on Thursday, unidentified men attacked the office of the Malakand deputy inspector general (DIG) in Saidu Sharif. The rocket attack damaged the DIG office building, but no casualties were reported.

Bomb attack: Meanwhile, two soldiers were slightly injured when two military convoys were targeted through remote-controlled bombs in Kanjoo and Charbagh tehsils, officials said.

The security forces imposed curfew in the district following the blasts and targeted suspected Taliban hideouts in the vicinities of the blast. They arrested six suspected men during a search operation in Kanjoo. Kooza Bandai, Bara Bandai and Ningolai areas of Kabal tehsil and Shakar Darra area of Matta tehsil remained under curfew on Thursday. The security forces were still not allowing traffic on the Khwazakhela-Mingora road. However, the forces restricted the curfew in Mingora from 10pm to 6am.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom