What's new

Swachh Bharat: Modi's promise of cleaning Varanasi doesn't appear to be an empty one

Stop blaming your past for your filthy attitude and clean your mind first before cleaning your neighbourhood.

so a typical modern "muslim" from bangalore is the same as muslims in algeria and syria??

i must blame the past for the wrongs in the present... that is logical.

Now take a hike bud.

why are certain members such big fans of psuedo-american words??

that is just a immediate technological solution without looking at the entirety of it... typical indian thinking.

I think already there is too much awareness when it comes to the issues related to River Ganga.

like i said in a previous post, most constructions within 500 meters of the river must be demolished... and this will be only part of the solution... what about people bathing in the ghats, thinking it to remove from them diseases ( physical and metaphysical )... that is as polluting as the industries along the river.

Almost all the religious hindus , take bath and then go for worshipping , this shows the importance of cleanliness in Hinduism. India is a hot country and when people can go to beaches just for enjoyment and picnic then it should be allowed and when they are going for worshiping then why it should be a problem ?

the people who come to varanasi for pilgrimage think that they are not polluting but just following old traditions and therefore it is alright.

I dont think flowers will pollute the river because Lotus flower is itself grow in river. But i do agree that plastic bags are problem and the industrial waste.

we have had this conversation before.

Sorry but it was not me.

Quota System for Piligrims ? who its going to help ?

Rest of India is just poor and overcrowded, but muslims are just filthy. Stop blaming your past for your filthy attitude and clean your mind first before cleaning your neighbourhood.

Do you know why Hindus don't want muslims neighbours ? ? because they are the real blot. varanasi is a lot better. Now take a hike bud.

This issue is not about Hindus or Muslims . Its more about the religious importance of Varanasi.

Indians have the concept of using a Plate :coffee:

Be it plate or not , its not the issue . What matters here how the leftovers are going to the garbage containers.

Temple authoritative are busy doing the pooja in the temple.

Why cant temple authority and state Government hire cleaners and pay them salaries ?

How is the Temple authority supposed to pay for that ? Its the govt. job to clean public areas.

Why cant ? If its the case then Government should appoint cleaners and put donation boxes so that piligrims can give money ? How many piligrims come to Varanasi each day ? If atleast 1 rupee is putted in the donation box by 500 people in one day, how many people can be hired in a month for cleaning purpose ?

Focus on cleaning the Muslim neighbour hoods of India. Focus on cleaning the surrounds of Masjids in India.

Muslims in India are acknowledged to be the dirtiest people in India. I suggest you first worry about your own reputation before commenting on Hindus.

Just dont make it Hindu or Muslim issue . When people make fun of Indians aboard , they dont think its about an Indian hindu or Indian Muslim.

this shows the importance of cleanliness in Hinduism.

1. does that statement hold true, looking at the condition of india in general??

2. we are talking about the flithy condition of varanasi, yes??

I dont think flowers will pollute the river because Lotus flower is itself grow in river. But i do agree that plastic bags are problem and the industrial waste.

flowers?? if you say so...

india-photos-89.jpg

india-photos-98.jpg

india-photos-100.jpg

i can post other pictures but i would be banned.

to clean varanasi and the river there...

1. put a quota on number of pilgrims... only 10,000 per year.
2. demolish most structures within 500 meters of the river, especially the ghats.
3. after demolishing, ask foreigners to design the riverside.
4. ban holy bathing in the river and the burning of the dead by riverside and subsequent throwing into it.
5. ban people from coming to varanasi and dying there.
6. any hindu wanting to put the ash remains of their dead should be given a special place with a pipe that almost touches the river bed... it is into this pipe that the ash be poured.
7. better rename the city.

the river wasn't created by some culture, it is a natural formation... so any pollution it has is because of the culture that gave it this particular cultural attachment, without thinking that their mysticism is destroying the river and polluting the waters it goes into.

unless these steps are employed, varanasi and the river will remain filthy until india exists.

Gaddafi_c429ca_1862337.jpg

The Ganga drains more himalayan silt every year than all other rivers of the world combined. the Ganga drains twice as much silt as the amazon does. the only reason bangladesh exists is due to this silt.

Saddest news I've heard all week.We need to divert this silt.

Oh well, seems like people will only do their job when PM Modi Ji jumps on their heads personally to do them.

Excellent. Now we'll ask him to contest 2019 elections from Gangtok. We want to be the Zürich of India. Jobs plus nature plus development. :D.

Looks like he's the only one who can do it.

google for "great man made river" in libya, the greatest water engineering project in human history, and compare it to varanasi... i don't want to post pictures of gmmr in this thread.
Go to Bali and see how they have religious bathing in springs and waterfall which are converted to flowing streams.

It's just that they don't pollute with plastic, industrial waste and organic waste. The flowing river will take care of it's cleaning. One of the best way to clean the river is flood and start afresh.

Go to Bali and see how they have religious bathing in springs and waterfall which are converted to flowing streams.

It's just that they don't pollute with plastic, industrial waste and organic waste.

surely, east asian culture cannot be compared to south asian??

One of the best way to clean the river is flood and start afresh.

1. you will melt the mountain ice and glaciers to get that amount of water??

2. how do you mean "start afresh"??

surely, east asian culture cannot be compared to south asian??

1. you will melt the mountain ice and glaciers to get that amount of water??

2. how do you mean "start afresh"??
When flood comes naturally. Remove illegal occupation from river sides. Let the river do it's dance.

You just need to block water and release in spurts.

Once you get rid of existing waste only then make and implicate new plan. Like not dumping any kind of waste

Remove illegal occupation from river sides.

what do you mean??

When flood comes naturally.

just saw this... you mean wait for some five-yearly flood??

if you want flood for this critical purpose, why not create it??

Once you get rid of existing waste only then make and implicate new plan. Like not dumping any kind of waste

let us see if you and i are talking of the same thing... i wrote the below twice...

to clean varanasi and the river there...

1. put a quota on number of pilgrims... only 10,000 per year.
2. demolish most structures within 500 meters of the river, especially the ghats.
3. after demolishing, ask foreigners to design the riverside.
4. ban holy bathing in the river and the burning of the dead by riverside and subsequent throwing into it.
5. ban people from coming to varanasi and dying there.
6. any hindu wanting to put the ash remains of their dead should be given a special place with a pipe that almost touches the river bed... it is into this pipe that the ash be poured.
7. better rename the city.

Ille
what do you mean??

let us see if you and i are talking of the same thing... i wrote the below twice...
brother to an extent yes. Only problem is you want river to be left alone. I want people to interact to river. Bathing religious ceremony etc. just don't dump waste. Even those organic matters.

If people won't relate to river,it will die because lack of attachment or existence in social fabric. Let there be bathing boats and puja. It's flowing river those won't harm. Only that treated water should be give back to river if you want your water to be dumped.

As for flood you have many dam on Ganga Tihri being one. Just use it and release water in spurts.

And yeah You have flood situation every years now for past few years

so a typical modern "muslim" from bangalore is the same as muslims in algeria and syria??

i must blame the past for the wrongs in the present... that is logical.

why are certain members such big fans of psuedo-american words??

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. :coffee:

This issue is not about Hindus or Muslims . Its more about the religious importance of Varanasi.

Its about cleanliness, not religious importance of Varanasi.

Its religious importance is already established , no need to debate that.

Be it plate or not , its not the issue . What matters here how the leftovers are going to the garbage containers.

Why cant temple authority and state Government hire cleaners and pay them salaries ?

What is this itch you have about dragging "Temple" into the discussion ?

You think I don't see what you are doing ? I am humouring you, I also know how to play nasty.

You want to talk cleanliness, talk about agencies designed to clean cities. Not institutions designed to pray.

Why cant ? If its the case then Government should appoint cleaners and put donation boxes so that piligrims can give money ? How many piligrims come to Varanasi each day ? If atleast 1 rupee is putted in the donation box by 500 people in one day, how many people can be hired in a month for cleaning purpose ?

Don't tell me how Hindus pilgrims should behave. Best you worry about how Muslims should clean their neighbourhood. Get it ?

Don't be a smart @ss. I do know how to play dirty.

If you are so concerned, start a cleanliness drive in your local masjid.

Just dont make it Hindu or Muslim issue . When people make fun of Indians aboard , they dont think its about an Indian hindu or Indian Muslim.

Yea, don't. Don't drag "Temple" into a discussion on cleanliness :coffee:

Just because I have been humouring you, does not mean I will continue that for too long. I know how to yank that carpet from under your feet.

1. does that statement hold true, looking at the condition of india in general??

Yes , this statement is true because i am talking here about real people to whom i know all my life. They all took bath and then only start worshiping or go to temples.

2. we are talking about the flithy condition of varanasi, yes??

Its a religious place and i am pretty sure that people of Varasani as well as piligrims go to the temple after taking bath

flowers?? if you say so...

I am talking about this

images

So this is clean way
img_2286.jpg

and when its done like this then its not worthly

india-river-ganges-2009-4-9-4-50-44.jpg

See which female is praying with full devotion ?

i can post other pictures but i would be banned.

What really is your point by all this ?

Back
Top Bottom