What's new

Swachh Bharat: Modi's promise of cleaning Varanasi doesn't appear to be an empty one

Work at Assi Ghat on progress.
CB-fwJhUsAARuAH.jpg

CB-fwXhUEAEuCOw.jpg

CB-fxeAVEAAenA_.jpg
sir the akhilesh sp govt has stopped using machines on the ghats this is the latest news

The Ganga drains more himalayan silt every year than all other rivers of the world combined. the Ganga drains twice as much silt as the amazon does. the only reason bangladesh exists is due to this silt.

that's a new thing to me...Thanks sir...

I see nothing wrong with his suggestions. Culture has to be altered slightly to accommodate the vast numbers. Muslims use the same concept to manage their holy cities.

Culture is something that EVOLVES, not something you IMPOSE.

Talk to me when you understand this simple reality.

The stone steps should be kept, there is something amazing about being in a place that old. Any new ghats to be built should mesh well with the existing structures. All the historical temples and shrines should be cleaned and restored. Animal strays should be kept away.

I think it would would be nice once the shrines are restored to paint the roof domes of all the shrines in gold or maybe some kind of paint with flecks of gold. The sunlight reflected off the roofs as seen from the river would be magical. At night there should be some kind of flood lights not too much, just enough. To give it a magical spiritual feel.

Maybe meditation gardens on the other side ?

that's a new thing to me...Thanks sir...

You are welcome ... There are many other important things about Ganga that will put in perspective how significant it is.

It is the third largest river by water discharge after Amazon and Congo. Much more than Yangtse. So if China can dam the Yangtze with something like the 3gorges, imagine how much more water India can store if it can manage the waters of the Ganga.

If the river interlinking project is completed effectively, Ganga alone can feed the entire country's needs for fresh water and still we would not be able to use more than 10% of its drainage. Period. Thats how much water there is in Ganga.

Unfortunately, Congress asses have been sitting for 70 years doing nothing.

Steps being constructed years ago dsn't make them any heritage.. they hold nothing significant for kashi.. it is the temples of kashi that are heritage sites... I would still recommend those steps to be replaced... Not all tiles are slippers, there are many non slippery tiles within the market... If not for tiles they could use granite( not a smooth polished one )/monarch stone which are not slippery and are pretty rough...

personally I would like to see a flooring like this leading to the ganges...

exterior.jpg

c3c4fe557b9847d3d98e52afb5794872.jpg

News steps won't jjust make ghats look beautiful, they are rather easy to maintain too..

By that Logic why consider a heap of stones as "heritage" ?

866108071-pyramid-of-mykerino-ancient-egypt-steps-giza.jpg

You want to convert the ancient Vanaras Ghats into a modern version of a Toilet ? :woot: ............ you want to plaster them with TILES ? God !!! Talk about a macabre sense of taste and class.

Your other Idea is to replace STONE with STONE ............ how is that any more sensible ?

Approach paths to the ghats can be paved with Stone, only we have no money for that. IF we have money better to use them to build a modern sewage system and a sewage treatment plant. But that is just me :disagree:

This is a 250 year old picture of Varanasi, see the steps ? That is what makes them heritage.

Benares_A_Brahmin_placing_a_garland_on_the_holiest_spot_in_the_sacred_city_by_James_Prinsep_1832.jpg

They are Heritage structures. It was build more than 300 to 2000 years ago :disagree:

Polished Granite is slippery, NOBODY puts Smooth polished stones next to a Pool or River or even in the Bathrooms. What happens when people slip on the wet granite and fall down and break their hips ? Heads ? Ribs ?

Do you know how many people visit the river banks EVERYDAY ? How many of them are OLD people ?

Those stones are Rough for a reason.

Agree with you.

2010. Work for the sheltered pathway in progress inside the Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Temple in Tiruchi on Wednesday. Photo: M. Moorthy
TY14SHELTER1_144948f.jpg

these pics are 100 days old

How come the Government or the temple authorities allowed them ?

Agree with you.

2010. Work for the sheltered pathway in progress inside the Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Temple in Tiruchi on Wednesday. Photo: M. Moorthy
TY14SHELTER1_144948f.jpg

How come the Government or the temple authorities allowed them ?
sir they are ISKON devotees

I see nothing wrong with his suggestions. Culture has to be altered slightly to accommodate the vast numbers. Muslims use the same concept to manage their holy cities.

indeed.

more over, i really find the numbers that go to makkah every year rather obscene... hajj wasn't initiated for people would come to believe that doing the hajj would bring magic shining down from the heavens, increasing as they progressed through hajj... it had a deeper personal meaning.

you may know that indians hajis outnumber other nationalities doing the hajj... it comes from the very indian tendency towards mysticism ( prayer, ritual, festival etc )... many of the hajis will be regulars to makkah and madinah, doing three hajjs within ten years... that disgusts me, as it essentially means idolatry and superstition, and it fails to bring happiness into their personal lives or their society... nothing changes for them, most of these hajis remain in their pathetic poverty conditions.

saudia must be pressured into allowing only 10,000 hajis... it is just a number that i thought was decent.

it is from this perspective that i suggested the varanasi points.

Then I suggest you start with the Makkah and medina.

working towards making myself a man of influence among muslims.

6. Do not allow Hindus to take a dip in their holy River

do you really want to debate this point??

Smooth, I thought you took more efforts to hide your Jihadi tendencies. You are coming undone mullah. :P

protection of ecology supercedes cultural beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom