What's new

SW China province to raise minimum wage by 23% from January

Jun

Reaction score
CHENGDU, Dec. 22 (Xinhua) -- Southwest China's Sichuan province will hike the minimum monthly wage by about 23.4 percent starting Jan. 1, 2012, to help attract laborers facing rapidly rising living costs, local authorities said Thursday.

The minimum monthly wage will be raised to 1,050 yuan (166 U.S. dollars), 960 yuan, 880 yuan and 800 yuan in regions at different levels of development, the provincial human resources and social security office said in a statement.

Sichuan, with a population of 89 million, is a major source of migrant workers for major cities around China, especially in the eastern coastal manufacturing hubs.

In the southern economic powerhouse of Shenzhen, local authorities plan to raise the minimum monthly wage by 15 percent to 1,500 yuan in January to attract laborers.

Severe labor shortages and rising living costs in Chinese cities prompted wage hikes both this year and last year.

Twenty-one provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities had raised the minimum monthly wage by an average of 21.7 percent by October this year, according to Yin Chengji, spokesman for the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security.

SW China province to raise minimum wage by 23% from January - Xinhua | English.news.cn

166 dollars is pretty sad, considering I'm making slightly more than 4500 and graduated just a year ago.

LOL! Three months ago you were saying you make over 5000 a month. I guess you can't keep your lies straight eh?

I forgot, how Chinese in Canada are so poor, they are exempt from our tax scheme.

Scrutinize my wording carefully; getting paid and making $x are different. But you're Chinese, right? I don't expect much thinking from you.

Oh, and by the way, please do live off of our welfare to improve your $166 worth of life.

In 2008, Shenzhen's minimum wage was around 32 yuan per 8 hour day or 800 yuan based on 25 days month. Now it will be 1,500 yuan.

With free housing and free 3 daily meals, and overtime pay, an unskilled worker may get actual income of up to 2,500 yuan a month. This is based on normal payroll from my ex-employer's Shenzhen toy factory.

Minimum wage to rise to 1,500 yuan

SHENZHEN will raise the minimum wage by 15 percent to 1,500 yuan (US$234) from January 2012, according to Wang Min, head of the Shenzhen Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau.

This will be the first time for the city to adjust the minimum salary in January. It is usually done in July.

“We will advance the adjustment to January because we hope to attract migrant workers. There is a labor shortage each year after the Spring Festival. Shenzhen needs to compete with other cities and Shenzhen companies need time to organize their annual payrolls,” Wang said at the closing ceremony of the technical skill competition festival at Shenzhen Technicians College.

The minimum wage adjustment plan has been handed to the city government for approval. The minimum wage does not include overtime or subsidies for night work and work in high and low temperatures, hazardous or special conditions. Employers failing to pay the minimum wage will face penalties of 30,000 yuan to 50,000 yuan.

The minimum wage in Shenzhen is now 1,320 yuan and the hourly rate for part-time employees is 11.7 yuan, the highest of major Chinese cities.

Shenzhen implemented the highest wage rise of the past 19 years in April last year by increasing the minimum wage from 1,100 yuan to 1,320 yuan.

The salary rise was aimed at making jobs in Shenzhen more attractive to solve a labor shortage facing cities in China’s manufacturing belt.

The minimum wage in Shanghai was 1,280 yuan last year. Guangzhou raised the minimum wage by 18.2 percent to 1,300 yuan last year.

I forgot, how Chinese in Canada are so poor, they are exempt from our tax scheme.

Scrutinize my wording carefully; getting paid and making $x are different. But you're Chinese, right? I don't expect much thinking from you.

Oh, and by the way, please do live off of our welfare to improve your $166 worth of life.
Did I hit a nerve? Awww poor boy! you shouldn't lie.

Next month we're probably going to find out you flip burgers at McDick's. Hell I wouldn't be surprised to find out you are leeching off unemployment insurance by the end of the year, judging from the way you change story.

ROFL! Viet **** talking down of Chinese? :rofl: Viet monkies are the lowest of the low among asian americans. Top Asian Americans are Chinese, Japanese and Korean. The rest belong with the mexicans. Vietnam so poor. China so rich!!!

Did I hit a nerve? Awww poor boy! you shouldn't lie.

Next month we're probably going to find out you flip burgers at McDick's. Hell I wouldn't be surprised to find out you are leeching off unemployment insurance by the end of the year, judging from the way you change story.
'

Oh wait, now that you mentioned unemployment insurance, are you sure your Chinese parents aren't leeching off of that too?

If you can't understand tax deductible income, or the difference between paid and make then you are just another Chinese, trying to be Canadian.

'

Oh wait, now that you mentioned unemployment insurance, are you sure your Chinese parents aren't leeching off of that too?

If you can't understand tax deductible income, or the difference between paid and make then you are just another Chinese, trying to be Canadian.
Still trying to talk your way out of getting busted for lying? Invoking the term "Canadian" means little when you are simply exposed as a liar, and a very very pathetic one at that. Of course, this is the internet so you can claim whatever keyboard income you want. For the rest of us, we'll just chuckle at your clown show.

Back
Top Bottom