What's new

Sushma Swaraj gets hauled over the coals over Sri Lanka

Interesting argument indeed.

When Indians are concerned about safety or otherwise of Indian origin people in other countries, India should be able to absorb similar concerns from others.

Why then, most Indians, including the Indian government balk at such concerns when expressed by non-Indians.

This is a perfectly legitimate observation. It ignores a lengthy and very engaged, sometimes emotional discussion on precisely the same issue that took place just a few posts ago.

It might reward you to look back at those.

Exactly....the height of Hypocrisy !!! I hope i can correct atleast a few in this forum ..by constant pestering and non stop badgering :blah:

Emotions are difficult things to manage. Look how often we have established certain things on this forum. And look at how often the same person figuring in the earlier discussion brings up the same issue in almost the same format once again.

Some tenets of national faith go beyond logic and reason.

Please, you need to get two things done:

1) Get your eye sight checked again.

2) Get you sex distinguishing cells in brain analysed.

And please don't tell me that a Mahatma can be reincarnated in any form on the moon.

Why not? He might have been flown there by a divine horse and left behind. :meeting:

Congress and BJP are doing the same thing.

Tamils needs separate nation like Israel.When center ignoring our feelings means there is nothing wrong to take anti-India stance to harm India. Tamils have no enmity towards China and Pakistan personally those are north Indian and NE Indian problems if china favors tamils interests then we wholeheartedly welcoming China presence in IOR.
Man you are still having Indian flag is in your posts. What an Idiot.

Everybody talks of secession in india but everybody knows they wont survive as a separate unit.India as big unit provide every one a big tree to leech from.

PS:I dont demand secession i demand capturing Delhi first then Islamabad and Dhaka and Kabul and Kathmandu, Thimphu, Rangoon, Colombo,male, Mauritius......:cool:
You will name it as earth? :-)

This is a perfectly legitimate observation. It ignores a lengthy and very engaged, sometimes emotional discussion on precisely the same issue that took place just a few posts ago.

It might reward you to look back at those.

Emotions are difficult things to manage. Look how often we have established certain things on this forum. And look at how often the same person figuring in the earlier discussion brings up the same issue in almost the same format once again.

Some tenets of national faith go beyond logic and reason.

Why not? He might have been flown there by a divine horse and left behind. :meeting:
So sir ji you believe we should go by logic and reason when one person having Indian flag on his avatar openly blackmailing that he will join enemy organization and/or betray India IF some of the srilankan people do not get their rights in their own country and IF India do not declare war with srilanka for attacking fisherman??? Interesting.

Remember the political/military blunder of Rajiv Gandhi (sudden change in stand from what IG left behind) and the Jaffna Masacre. that is the reason his blunders ended his life. though he was no PM when he was assasinated and the Boffers and Bhopal accused he helped in escaping INDIAN laws, still people love him is it not?
so for you kind of people, lives of INDIANS / SL Tamils are cheaper then that dijk head Rajiv Gandhi

Details are not so simple ashok,

We ll discuss it in PM.

I would advice kazhakam ideologist to join maoist and capture delhi then teach lesson to sinhala by capturing Ceylon.There has to be another invasion of ceylon after Ram an Cholas to teach sinhala Ravan tribe a lesson.

There is nothing like internal matter if it serves my purpose/interest i'll make use of it and make it international matter.

He meands that kazhakam ideologist are so emotive that they are always ready to put on suicide vest and press the switch.After all suicide bombing is invention of kazhakam ideologists

Dont flash your ignorance again,

Sinhala people migrated to SL from Bihar/Orissa much after Ramayan.

Kuch bhi bakkna hain aapko,bina koi pata karke.

Not really. They are merely remnants of Tamil invasions from South India. Many Jaffna Tamils will even proudly proclaim their "Chola ancestry"

The fact that they are relatively recent arrivals is born out of the fact that they are (1) still Tamil (2) still speak Tamil (2) are concentrated in northern Sri Lanka when other ethnic groups like the Malayalis who originated from Tamils themselves have developed their own language and own ethnicity despite sharing a land border with Tamil Nadu.

The Tamil Homeland of the Tamil people as an ethnicity is Tamil Nadu (literally "Country of Tamils.") They have no right to claim any parts of Punjab, Gujarat, Bengal, Orissa, Karnataka or Andhra pradesh - or Sri Lanka - as their additional homeland. You may have different views.

Tamils,Malayalees and the Norther Province of Lanka saw too many migrations and they are the same country.

It is not like the other states you mention,dont flash your ignorance here.

So sir ji you believe we should go by logic and reason when one person having Indian flag on his avatar openly blackmailing that he will join enemy organization and/or betray India IF some of the srilankan people do not get their rights in their own country and IF India do not declare war with srilanka for attacking fisherman??? Interesting.

What on earth are you referring to?

Oh, I see. You are upset about the emotional responses of some of the Tamil members. You should not be. This is a discussion on the net, not real life. For that reason alone, wisdom dictates that we should use logic and reason. Even if it were real life, I see no scope for anything but logical and rational behaviour.

Oh, I see. You are upset about the emotional responses of some of the Tamil members. You should not be. This is a discussion on the net, not real life. For that reason alone, wisdom dictates that we should use logic and reason. Even if it were real life, I see no scope for anything but logical and rational behaviour.

Just emotional response? Sure?

By the way i met many tamils who thinks like this. As long as India developing there wouldnt be any problem, If suppose anything happens to Indian economy, Then they start acting

Just emotional response? Sure?

By the way i met many tamils who thinks like this. As long as India developing there wouldnt be any problem, If suppose anything happens to Indian economy, Then they start acting

Acting what? How? Please give me the name of the state whose residents are quite reasonable and logical all the time.

It totally depends on how you look things. you may be calm and find logic when a person openly declares betrayal to your motherland. For me, there is no logic in finding logic if a person abuses your motherland. Yes this is internet, I cant do anything of him online. If ever I find him in real life I bet his family would not be able to identify him. Heights of hypocrisy is he still uses Indian flag in his avatar. Hope you are aware that only Indians do not read this forum, if any one talks betrayal to India while having Indian flag, his thoughts and posts should be crushed by fellow Indians so that it gives message to other nationals that there is no scope to regional politics in an international forum. This sounds logical to me!!

It totally depends on how you look things. you may be calm and find logic when a person openly declares betrayal to your motherland. For me, there is no logic in finding logic if a person abuses your motherland. Yes this is internet, I cant do anything of him online. If ever I find him in real life I bet his family would not be able to identify him. Heights of hypocrisy is he still uses Indian flag in his avatar. Hope you are aware that only Indians do not read this forum, if any one talks betrayal to India while having Indian flag, his thoughts and posts should be crushed by fellow Indians so that it gives message to other nationals that there is no scope to regional politics in an international forum. This sounds logical to me!!
Sorry to diappoint you, INDIA is not my mother land, TN is, has been and allways will be my mother land. INDIA is just a concept arrived by 1947, but my ansystors and their fathers lived here in TN, So is it for the Malayales, Kanadigas, Telugus, Marathis, etc. INDIA is the name that the center uses to loot all the states of the Nation.
Do you think that we have the perfect system of federal governemt, that cares of the sentiments and belives of each of its state people.
when kargil war happens, we tamils were the first to collect aid and money to our CG, yet our interests are not heared in the SL issue. the Center just ignores the number of fisher men who venture in to the sea that has been for 1000s of years their fishing ground and suddenly SL navy shows up from no where and fires warning shots right in the head and chest of the TN fisher men, INDIA does not care for us, and we are feeling that we should neither care for INDIA.

YOur argument is that SL needs to supported and ignored when Tamil fisher men are killed becaure SL sees Tamils as its enemy because if we question them they would get closer to CHINA or PAKISTAN or both. by the same logic are you ready not to question the MUSLIM mobs who go aginst the national interest and hoist PAKISTANs flag here in INDIA, and give them extra privilage in Government Jobs, Educational instisutions, etc or else the poor muslism who feel subjucated by the majority HINDUS will turn to be agents of PAKISTAN or become terrorists, if not then do not question a Tamil emotion, you people in the north enjoy because we people deliver more than what the rest of the states except Gujarath can provide to INDIA

Sorry to diappoint you, INDIA is not my mother land, TN is, has been and allways will be my mother land. INDIA is just a concept arrived by 1947,

:blink: oicccccccccccccccc, so what's you consider as motherland country?

I beg to differ.

Nation states are not more important than humans. The longest Indian state, not nation-state, lasted for 600 years. Most Indian states have lasted for between 200 to 400 years (this is not based on profound research, but merely to make a point in this discussion with you). Why should I develop feelings of hatred towards someone with the bad taste, bad sense and bad manners to reject his or her Indian identity, due to any feelings for such an ephemeral entity?

People who commit treason, on the other hand, ought to be tried, convicted and punished. All in a calm frame of mind.

The beauty of our nation is that we can have such radically varying opinions and remain loyal citizens of this state.

Sorry to diappoint you, INDIA is not my mother land, TN is, has been and allways will be my mother land. INDIA is just a concept arrived by 1947, but my ansystors and their fathers lived here in TN, So is it for the Malayales, Kanadigas, Telugus, Marathis, etc. INDIA is the name that the center uses to loot all the states of the Nation.
Do you think that we have the perfect system of federal governemt, that cares of the sentiments and belives of each of its state people.
when kargil war happens, we tamils were the first to collect aid and money to our CG, yet our interests are not heared in the SL issue. the Center just ignores the number of fisher men who venture in to the sea that has been for 1000s of years their fishing ground and suddenly SL navy shows up from no where and fires warning shots right in the head and chest of the TN fisher men, INDIA does not care for us, and we are feeling that we should neither care for INDIA.

YOur argument is that SL needs to supported and ignored when Tamil fisher men are killed becaure SL sees Tamils as its enemy because if we question them they would get closer to CHINA or PAKISTAN or both. by the same logic are you ready not to question the MUSLIM mobs who go aginst the national interest and hoist PAKISTANs flag here in INDIA, and give them extra privilage in Government Jobs, Educational instisutions, etc or else the poor muslism who feel subjucated by the majority HINDUS will turn to be agents of PAKISTAN or become terrorists, if not then do not question a Tamil emotion, you people in the north enjoy because we people deliver more than what the rest of the states except Gujarath can provide to INDIA

My sincere advice to you is to investigate these cases yourself, and not be overwhelmed by the propaganda efforts of the big trawler owners and political opportunists. You will find that a vast majority of them are fabricated.

Secondly, you should be aware that the trawlers practice ecologically disastrous fishing methods. The inshore stocks have already been depleted, those without trawlers cannot venture out to sea, and those with trawlers are rapidly converting even those grounds to a wasteland.

Your indignation is wasted on a bad cause.

My sincere advice to you is to investigate these cases yourself, and not be overwhelmed by the propaganda efforts of the big trawler owners and political opportunists. You will find that a vast majority of them are fabricated.

Secondly, you should be aware that the trawlers practice ecologically disastrous fishing methods. The inshore stocks have already been depleted, those without trawlers cannot venture out to sea, and those with trawlers are rapidly converting even those grounds to a wasteland.

Your indignation is wasted on a bad cause.
this is a easy way out fihd fault with the ones who are the victims. every field finds a new technology to produce more, and every technology or human inventions except have few have the most harmful efects to the eco system. are we protesting against the new techs that use concentrated harmful resines to color the buttons and zips for shirts and pants? NO. then why question the fisherman alone for using a new technique to fetch some good money and easy catch.

Sorry to disappoint you, INDIA is not my mother land, TN is,
I have no problem with that, I have problem that you are using Indian flag in your avatar. Remove it now and use tamil flag instead or srilankan or chinese one instead, I don't care. For the rest I still stuck to line below
If ever I find him in real life I bet his family would not be able to identify him.

I beg to differ.

Nation states are not more important than humans. The longest Indian state, not nation-state, lasted for 600 years. Most Indian states have lasted for between 200 to 400 years (this is not based on profound research, but merely to make a point in this discussion with you). Why should I develop feelings of hatred towards someone with the bad taste, bad sense and bad manners to reject his or her Indian identity, due to any feelings for such an ephemeral entity?

People who commit treason, on the other hand, ought to be tried, convicted and punished. All in a calm frame of mind.

The beauty of our nation is that we can have such radically varying opinions and remain loyal citizens of this state.

I totally agree and understand the the cause of your post but the thing is we can not ignore such trolls, I would not care for such fellows but what is wrong, is wrong even if we ignore it. You are much experienced than me and you have seen and know my nation better than me. Still I believe there is no room for regional politics on international forum

I have no problem with that, I have problem that you are using Indian flag in your avatar. Remove it now and use tamil flag instead or srilankan or chinese one instead, I don't care. For the rest I still stuck to line below

I totally agree and understand the the cause of your post but the thing is we can not ignore such trolls, I would not care for such fellows but what is wrong, is wrong even if we ignore it. You are much experienced than me and you have seen and know my nation better than me. Still I believe there is no room for regional politics on international forum

Where did you find me suggesting ignoring them? And I do not think they are trolls, just people with a different opinion. A troll is a deliberate trouble-maker, saying things to wound, to provoke, to irritate and to create discord and bad blood. What we have here is our old issue of identities bubbling up again.

My own chosen path is to harmonize approaches and try to find common ground between different Indian groups with different points of view. In this case, I have no sympathy for the trawler owners who are creating mischief about Kachchateevu, nor do I support terrorism, but I am a committed supporter of Tamizh Eelam, and would like to see that struggle successful.

So we need to represent the matter properly to our Tamil friends and build consensus.

Is that such a bad thing?

Back
Top Bottom