What's new

Suppose 2030 China will reach the same level with US, Now What? Can China imagine new Technology?

So you admit you completely made it up.
While it is true it hasn't happened with Apple yet, there's no denial that US-China antagonism is rising.
It's just a matter of time before more and more chinese switch to domestic brand.

And yes, iPhone 13 sold well in China. But I'm talking about the reaction for iPhone 14 announcement.

Before you thought that quadrangles were backward, did you really understand quadrangles(siheyuan)?

With all due respect, you can't afford a real quadrangle.

Real quadrangles even have private gardens, I mean thousands of square meters of private gardens.

Modern quadrangles are not uncommon, but they sell for tens of millions of dollars.

Let's first understand what is the real high-end residence in China:

That's nice. Ok, let's just say a US town in 1950 converted to the typical town buildings China had in the 1950's. So you would call that going "backwards" instead of becoming "Easternized".

I'm trying to figure out why you are calling switching to Western type steel/glass/cement tall buildings "Modernized" so I guess if we were to switch to the local building style you had before them (like in the 1950s) it would be called the opposite of "modernized" like "backwards".

Last edited:
That's nice. Ok, let's just say a US town in 1950 converted to the typical town buildings China had in the 1950's. So you would call that going "backwards" instead of becoming "Easternized".

I'm trying to figure out why you are calling switching to Western type steel/glass/cement tall buildings "Modernized" so I guess if we were to switch to Eastern buildings you had before them it would be called the opposite of "modernized" like "backwards".
Because these high-rise buildings built of reinforced concrete are the products of human industrial revolution, not the traditional buildings of Western civilization.

BTW: Chinese architecture in 1950 lagged far behind that of the USA. Of course, this is retrogression, not Orientalization.

Because these high-rise buildings built of reinforced concrete are the products of human industrial revolution

Not really. It was simply because somebody invented a reliable elevator in the late 1800's making extremely tall buildings practical to live in since nobody wanted to climb dozens of flights of stairs.

Reinforced concrete buildings have been around since Roman times.

Buildings of all glass exteriors appeared in the 1950's when the tin float glass method made almost infinite window sizes practical.

not the traditional buildings of Western civilization.

I'll argue we solved some big problems others could not allowing us to effortlessly live in tall buildings of glass/steel/concrete and make that one of our styles of living.

1955 high-rise living in a tv show, big glass windows

Of course, this is retrogression, not Orientalization.

I'm not sure.

No need for discussion
China will not have such capabilities in 2030
China's roadmap is to become a moderately developed country by 2035
Even if it becomes a middle developed country, there is still a gap between the United States.

This is a plan that China has already made, and there is no need for us to force it up.Be humble, be pragmatic and follow the plan.

This is like why people buy the Toyota Camry. If somebody makes a more reliable car then Toyota can start worrying...otherwise they just cruise along at their own speed and don't care about anybody else no matter what the latest gimmick is.

I think Toyota should start that worrying now:

I think Toyota should start that worrying now:
It is not Tesla that defeated Toyota, but new energy vehicles that defeated fuel vehicles.

And Toyota will only decline but not die. There are also many underdeveloped countries that are difficult to enter the era of new energy vehicles, and Toyota will occupy the markets of these countries.

It is not Tesla that defeated Toyota, but new energy vehicles that defeated fuel vehicles.

And Toyota will only decline but not die. There are also many underdeveloped countries that are difficult to enter the era of new energy vehicles, and Toyota will occupy the markets of these countries.

That’s certainly likely however they have bigger profit margins with cars like the Camry.

Yes, it seems posting China is #1 at this and that on PDF does not raise any red flag hints of arrogance with the Chinese members...however if we were to state any achievements of the West compared to China those "arrogance" flags suddenly start getting waved really really really quickly. :nono:
I see more thread about US bragging here and at YouTube. Flooded with all the delusion post about USA number one in everything and how invincible F-22 raptor is despite avionice all outdated.

I see more thread about US bragging here and at YouTube. .

:omghaha:

It seems many Chinese PDF posts in the title say "China is the first country to do X" or "China is now #1 at Y". :omghaha:

A great example in your media:
"China is the first country to send a rover to the far side of the moon"...well we sent a rover 80Million miles to Mars in 1997 and EVERY side is the far side. LOL!!

You guys just had to think of something to put as being #1.

Maybe I should label the same for the US posts...well maybe it should just be implicit as looking at the posts it seems almost every one is a new #1.

Last edited:
China voted for all of these resolutions

The UN Security Council has passed a number of resolutions since North Korea's first nuclear test in 2006.[5]

• Resolution 1718, passed in 2006, demanded that North Korea cease nuclear testing and prohibited the export of some military supplies and luxury goods to North Korea.[6][2] The UN Security Council Sanctions Committee on North Korea was established, supported by the Panel of Experts.[7][8][9]
  • Resolution 1874, passed after the second nuclear test in 2009, broadened the arms embargo. Member states were encouraged to inspect ships and destroy any cargo suspected of being related to the nuclear weapons program.[2][5]
  • Resolution 2087, passed in January 2013 after a satellite launch, strengthened previous sanctions by clarifying a state's right to seize and destroy cargo suspected of heading to or from North Korea for purposes of military research and development.[2][5]
  • Resolution 2094, passed in March 2013 after the third nuclear test, imposed sanctions on money transfers and aimed to shut North Korea out of the international financial system.[2][5]
  • Resolution 2270, passed in March 2016 after the fourth nuclear test, further strengthened existing sanctions.[10] It banned the export of gold, vanadium, titanium, and rare earth metals. The export of coal and iron were also banned, with an exemption for transactions that were purely for "livelihood purposes."[11][5]
  • Resolution 2321, passed in November 2016, capped North Korea's coal exports and banned exports of copper, nickel, zinc, and silver.[12][13] In February 2017, a UN panel said that 116 of 193 member states had not yet submitted a report on their implementation of these sanctions, though China had.[14]
  • Resolution 2371, passed in August 2017, banned all exports of coal, iron, lead, and seafood. The resolution also imposed new restrictions on North Korea's Foreign Trade Bank and prohibited any increase in the number of North Koreans working in foreign countries.[15]
  • Resolution 2375, passed on 11 September 2017, limited North Korean crude oil and refined petroleum product imports; banned joint ventures, textile exports, natural gas condensate and liquid imports; and banned North Korean nationals from working abroad in other countries.[16]
  • Resolution 2397, passed on 22 December 2017 after the launch of a Hwasong-15 intercontinental ballistic missile, limited North Korean crude oil and refined petroleum product imports to 500,000 barrels per year, banned the export of food, machinery and electrical equipment, called for the repatriation of all North Korean nationals earning income abroad within 24 months. The resolution also authorized member states to seize and inspect any vessel in their territorial waters found to be illicitly providing oil or other prohibited products to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.[17]

There might not be a multipolar world. You might be stuck with China

A lot of Japanese inventions are behind the "hood". you usually do not see them as an ordinary layman

China has made a point of propping them up
So thanks for reaffirming that China is not responsible the propping up of the North Korean government. Love that you spent all that time to disprove your own point.

So thanks for reaffirming that China is not responsible the propping up of the North Korean government. Love that you spent all that time to disprove your own point.

You are assuming the Chinese government complies with resolutions they vote for

Back
Top Bottom