What's new

Supersonic Akash missile successfully test fired against electronic target

Another learning process by DRDO.
is there any other surface-to-air missile using integral rocket motor/ramjet ?Even Russians do not use that on SAM anymore.
Comparing to its size and weight,Its range and ceiling is disappointing.
Besides akash SAM ..DRDO is working on QRSAM based on ASTRA AAM ...Range 30 km
DD1EhNAV0AEXmZx.jpg
dd0b5zcu0auzz9t_orig.jpg
Fx3PB50.jpg
gDHEhKm.jpg
QR-SAM Poster.JPG

Two rounds of Surface-to-Air Missile Akash successfully test fired
Months after the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) raised doubts on the quality of Surface-to-Air Missile Akash, Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully test fired two rounds of from a defence base off the Odisha coast on Wednesday. The missiles were fired against electronic targets.

Defence sources said the complete Akash missile system including targets were operated by IAF personnel exploiting the overall capabilities of the system in different envelopes. The missiles were fired from the launching complex-III of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur-on-sea.

"All the mission objectives have been met and the missile system had performed as expected. The entire flight of both the missiles was captured by electro-optical tracking systems. The flight path was smooth while its ceiling and speed were perfect," said a defence official.

This was the third successful test of the indigenously developed missile in the last two days. On Tuesday, a similar trial was conducted from the same test facility. While the hat-trick trials have demonstrated the missile's capabilities, IAF is planning more tests on Thursday.

Defence sources said two squadrons of Akash missile system developed by DRDO had been already inducted in to IAF and the system was in continuous production and induction.

Akash is India's first indigenously designed, developed and produced air defence system capable of engaging aerial threats upto a distance of 30 km. The multi target, multi directional, all weather air-defence system consisting of surveillance and tracking radars, control centres and ground support systems mounted on high mobility vehicles is designed to enable integration with other air defence command and control networks through secured communication links.

The missile, which has a launch weight of 720 kg, a length of 5.8 metres and a diameter of 35 cm, can carry a pay load of 50 kg. It can fly at supersonic speed of around 2.5 Mach and can reach an altitude of 18 kms. The missile can be fired from both tracked and wheeled platforms.

The missile is crucial for India's air defence programme as it can be used to counter enemy aircrafts and air-to-surface missiles.

http://www.defencenews.in/article/T...-Missile-Akash-successfully-test-fired-454804

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...le-akash-successfully-test-fired-1714187.html

Stop dodging facts and please explain why you think the CAG is supplying obsolete information to your Lok Sabha. Unless you can do that, it flushes your idiotic rants down the gutter from where it came.

LOL, just because some random Pakistan say, does that make the report obsolete ?????

FYI, we have a robust functional democracy, Parliament and accountability mechanism than any of our immediate neighbors. I guess you got whom I meant. LOL :p:

A CAG report is a comprehensive report regrading various departments, the specific test were conducted during 2014 and subsequent trails were done in 2015. The result were reported back to the relevant authorities and became part of CAG audit report for the year 2016, tabled on 2017. It a complex process that takes time. But I think in your country it happen in a matter weeks, not sure though. :undecided::undecided::undecided:

Now what is so obsolete about that ??? Can you please enlighten ??? I guess you don't know the basics of how audits happen and how they are reported back. Not your fault. :disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:

Sure, everything that is intended for our adversaries are all Junks. Including our SLBM's. LOL :p:

Sure, everything that is intended for our adversaries are all Junks. Including our SLBM's. LOL

Prove me wrong buddy, I said the same thing about Arjun, Tejas, Rustom, Insas

I have been proven right more often then not

Stay in your history then
A** burning

Haha.

LOL, just because some random Pakistan say, does that make the report obsolete ?????

I didn't say that. You did. Here, read your own post that started it all;

Not at all, rather it reiterates the fact that you are nothing more than a petty internet Troll, who don't even care to read the details of the article from the same link that you had provided. The CAG report was based on the tests done with the missiles delivered in way back in 2014. And this thread is all about a test conducted few days back. That clearly mean a period of well over 3 year for development. But yes, you are a Pakistani ?? I can understand. Not at all your fault. :haha::haha::haha:

If you still have doubts about our miraculous achievement do care to read the detailed report below.

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/Kr...issile-reported-30-failure-rate-says-CAG.html

Excerpt from above.

The CAG did not mention name of the strategic missile but sources said the auditor was referring to the Akash missiles. “Out of 80 missiles received up to November 2014, 20 missiles were test fired during April-November 2014. Six of these missiles that is 30 per cent, failed the test,” the CAG said in the report. The auditor said as the failure rate of the sample tested was as high as 30%, action needs to be taken to establish the reliability of factory acceptance test of the remaining missiles.

FYI, we have a robust functional democracy, Parliament and accountability mechanism than any of our immediate neighbors. I guess you got whom I meant. LOL :p:

A CAG report is a comprehensive report regrading various departments, the specific test were conducted during 2014 and subsequent trails were done in 2015. The result were reported back to the relevant authorities and became part of CAG audit report for the year 2016, tabled on 2017. It a complex process that takes time. But I think in your country it happen in a matter weeks, not sure though. :undecided::undecided::undecided:

Now what is so obsolete about that ??? Can you please enlighten ??? I guess you don't know the basics of how audits happen and how they are reported back. Not your fault. :disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:

I know how the audit process is done. It seems as if you need to get your concepts cleared. Like I told your fellow Indian troll earlier, audit is of course done on historical information, not ancient information. What will the CAG present next? An audit on Emperor Akbar's armored elephants?

Of course I know that logic doesn't matter to you. You're an Indian? Its not your fault. :)

Haha.

I didn't say that. You did. Here, read your own post that started it all;

I know how the audit process is done. It seems as if you need to get your concepts cleared. Like I told your fellow Indian troll earlier, audit is of course done on historical information, not ancient information. What will the CAG present next? An audit on Emperor Akbar's armored elephants?

Of course I know that logic doesn't matter to you. You're an Indian? Its not your fault. :)
Even iron dome has 90% successful rate

In comparison Akash is has tremendous successful rate. Over 80%.

Means every 100 missiles fired 80 will reach it's Mark

Going by cheap per unit cost and large production (3000 Akash missile produced every year )

It very successful product

Lol it's great for first try by country Making domestic SAM on it Own

Improvement will be done in future upgrade blocks

No SAM in world has 100% kill ratio

Even iron dome has 90% successful rate

In comparison Akash is has tremendous successful rate. Over 80%.

Means every 100 missiles fired 80 will reach it's Mark

Going by cheap per unit cost and large production (3000 Akash missile produced every year )

It very successful product

Lol it's great for first try by country Making domestic SAM on it Own

Improvement will be done in future upgrade blocks

No SAM in world has 100% kill ratio

According to the CAG report, the Akash system has a 30% chance of failing to take off from the launcher. That means that only 70% missiles take off, and after that (according to you) only 80% find their mark even when there is no defensive electronic warfare systems are employed. So the actual probability is.. 0.7 x 0.8 = 0.56.. Akash has a 56% chance of finding its mark.. Still great?

According to the CAG report, the Akash system has a 30% chance of failing to take off from the launcher. That means that only 70% missiles take off, and after that only 80% find their mark even when there is no defensive electronic warfare systems are employed. So the actual probability is.. 0.7 x 0.8 = 0.56.. Akash has a 56% chance of finding its mark.. Still great?
BS
By that logic Entire BUK Series Missiles even pathetic record Of interception target And failing

Success Rate missile Are counted On Interception of target Though I don't Know Where you get this Figure that only 80 % made its Mark on target And 30 % Failed To take off

Read What report said

“Out of 80 missiles received up to November 2014, 20 missiles were test fired during April-November 2014. Six of these missiles i.e., 30%, failed the test,” the report said.

The auditor said preliminary analysis revealed that the missiles fell short of the target, were low on velocity and critical components malfunctioned. Two of the missiles failed to even take off. “These deficiencies pose an operational risk during hostilities,” the report warned.

Report Said Only 2 Missiles Out Of 20 are Failed Take Of that means only 10 %

Since It Just start Of project It bound happen It happens With every missile BUK series of russia was Succes rate of 40 % when Its introduced But Soon the more upgrade blocks are developed It Accuracy And dependency is improved

Some time Its Faulty Production Like I said even the best Of the best missiles have Failure rate 80-90 %
No SAM has 100 % kill ratio

Last edited:

Now I see, you don't know the difference between history or Ancient. LOL

No wonder you consider couple of years as ancient. Maybe only past weeks are counted as history in you country, rest all ancient, huh ??? It's not you fault, after all your are ....... LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BS
By that logic Entire BUK Series Missiles even pathetic record Of interception target And failing

Success Rate missile Are counted On Interception of target Though I don't Know Where you get this Figure that only 80 % made its Mark on target And 30 % Failed To take off

Haha. You just wrote that BS that it had an 80% interception rate. Don't you Indians ever read what you write? The CAG report says that the Akash has only a 70% reliability rate. Whether it fails to take off or it fails to gain sufficient velocity is included in that. Simple mathematics after that.

Prove me wrong buddy, I said the same thing about Arjun, Tejas, Rustom, Insas

I have been proven right more often then not

Oh really ????? FYI, I junk INSAS had taken out more terrorists in Kashmir since 2000's than any other rifle in our inventory I guess. Others didn't get their chance to be used in real situation. So much for proving you right. LOL :haha::haha::haha::haha:

Now I see, you don't know the difference between history or Ancient. LOL

No wonder you consider couple of years as ancient. Maybe only past weeks are counted as history in you country, rest all ancient, huh ??? It's not you fault, after all your are ....... LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HAHAHAHA! Keep trolling son.

Oh really ????? FYI, I junk INSAS had taken out more terrorists in Kashmir since 2000's than any other rifle in our inventory I guess. Others didn't get their chance to be used in real situation. So much for proving you right. LOL :haha::haha::haha::haha:

I didn't say it didn't work, i said it was poorly made junk with major faults and reliability issues

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-red-zones-with-aks-cites-insas-as-defective/

https://warisboring.com/from-a-hospital-bed-an-indian-soldier-damned-his-defective-rifle/

https://www.newslaundry.com/2016/10/04/insas-the-desi-kalashnikov-that-wasnt

How about learning to read?

I didn't say it didn't work, i said it was poorly made junk with major faults and reliability issues

he is an ill informed troll. no point in conversing with him.

Back
Top Bottom