What's new

Super hornet STOBAR from Goa

You got this wrong.

Chinese Aircraft Carrier Fujian feature EMALS technology but will not be ready for operations anytime soon.

I will take all this recent news on the sudden success of EMALS and Hypersonic missiles with a bucket of salt. US is trying to stay relevent and regain the confidence of the allies by claiming that they have equal tech like the Chinese.

The IN needs to move away from STOBARs - there will always be payload restrictions with them
Hopefully in next carrier which is not coming before 2030s.

True that. Rather than going for a super carrier, should go for 50-55k one.
French Charles De Gaulle has roughly the same displacement as IAC-1 yet because of being a flatdeck CATOBAR carrier is able to carry almost twice of what a ski jump carrier can, a flat deck IAC-II would be able to carry around 3 squadrons of aircrafts.

Only China has the tech for EMALS. Even US is struggling to get EMALS working.

I will take all this recent news on the sudden success of EMALS and Hypersonic missiles with a bucket of salt. US is trying to stay relevent and regain the confidence of the allies by claiming that they have equal tech like the Chinese.

can you elaborate on which AC China has working EMALS like on US has one on USS Gerald R. Ford

since 2013 US is testing EMALS on different platforms and since 2017 its working on a AC. China might have tried EMALS on land but not on AC. Its not so simple as it looks, US with such vast experience in this field is yet to struggling and you are expecting China without any previous experience to overtake US in this field.

You got this wrong.

Chinese Aircraft Carrier Fujian feature EMALS technology but will not be ready for operations anytime soon.

+1

It is easier to operate than a CATOBAR configuration, which requires large number of operators to launch the aircraft. Lack of any moving parts in ski-jump makes it less expensive to maintain the launch system. It does not require any additional system to generate force required to launch the aircraft, unlike CATOBAR where an external force is needed to be generated either from EMALS to launch the aircraft.
All valid points - but it also means you launch with less payload and have more limitations to the the sea state and weather conditions you can launch it.

can you elaborate on which AC China has working EMALS like on US has one on USS Gerald R. Ford

since 2013 US is testing EMALS on different platforms and since 2017 its working on a AC. China might have tried EMALS on land but not on AC. Its not so simple as it looks, US with such vast experience in this field is yet to struggling and you are expecting China without any previous experience to overtake US in this field.

+1
B7CE6C7E398E1B4EF11B95B4E46104BE3618A6E5_size635_w1080_h584.png

Google Ma wei ming for further information.

Ma's EMALS is a DC one, different from US which is AC, he and his team is also in charge of railgun, and other electro related projects, also collab with private sector tech giant such as BYD...etc.
thats all from me, I am out.

Last edited:
INS Vishal will be a 65k tonne EMALS CATOBAR, if budget allows it could be Nuclear powered (less likely).
Calm down bro. We're not even sure that there with be a third carrier. Correct me if I'm wrong. Personally, I wonder if IN should build some flat top destroyers like Japan with a few F35s if the US would sell it to us.

The IN needs to move away from STOBARs - there will always be payload restrictions with them
I can see the U.S. tying access to its EMALS tech to the Super Hornet. Or, in order to properly bag the IN contract, the U.S. could offer the F-35B.

Back
Top Bottom