What's new

'Sunken Russian cruiser Moskva could have nuclear warheads'

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I think we may now know why they may have abandoned ship so quickly...

There could be two nuclear warheads aboard the sunken Russian cruiser, Moskva, as per Ukrainian experts, media reports said.

Andrii Klymenko, project manager at the Black Sea Institute for Strategic Studies, said: "Experts say that there are 2 nuclear warheads for cruise missiles on board the 'Moskva' (perhaps this could be news for many, but yes, this ship is a carrier of nuclear weapons)," the Ukrayinska Pravda reported.

"Where are these warheads? Where were they when the ammunition exploded? Where is the point on the map? Coordinates? - These are the competencies of the UN Security Council, the IAEA...

"The Black Sea coastal states - Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia - should join this immediately," he added.

In the evening of 13 April, it was reported that Ukrainian anti-ship Neptune missile hit the missile cruiser of the Russian Black Sea Fleet. After that, the cruiser with 16 cruise missiles was disabled.

On the morning of April 14, the Russian Defence Ministry admitted that there was a fire on the deck of the flagship of the Black Sea Fleet, but dropped everything on the accidental detonation of ammunition. The command personally reported the incident to Russian President Vladimir Putin, Ukrayinska Pravda reported.

The Ukrainian military command announced in the afternoon of April 14 that the cruiser "Moskva" began to sink due to the hit of Ukrainian missiles.

It later was reported that the Russian ship sank after a long fire on board while being towed to Sevastopol.

I don't get it. Such a super duper flagship that couldn't defend itself against 2 Ukrainian cruise missiles?

The whole Russian invasion is a mess, a complete failure and I cannot comprehend it as to why.

Initially the Russians underestimated Ukrainians, fair enough, but now they know what they are up against and still struggling. Why?!

They didnt use their air force, which is just absurd.

I wish someone could enlighten me!

I don't get it. Such a super duper flagship that couldn't defend itself against 2 Ukrainian cruise missiles?

The whole Russian invasion is a mess, a complete failure and I cannot comprehend it as to why.

Initially the Russians underestimated Ukrainians, fair enough, but now they know what they are up against and still struggling. Why?!

The Russians now know what they are up against, but the Ukrainians are still adapting and learning. One of the examples they were able to sink that ship is because it was built in Ukraine which means the Ukrainians knows its weaknesses. And we haven't gotten to the part where Ukrainians are receiving more heavier equipment provided by the rest of the world.

Same here. I understand Ukraine was given weapons by Nato but Russia is a military super power, they should have used intelligence, airforce, drones to destroy all threats. What if Nato attacks Russia tomorrow, how will they be able to defend minus the nukes. Nukes are great deterrent but you cannot only rely on them . People say Russia doesn't have great targeting pods, radars for the planes, but why not import from China. Why attack Ukraine when your ill prepared? Complete failure.

Usa attacked Iraq and Afghanistan but they overtook the countries, in Iraq they've changed the regime and left, in Afghanistan they've changed the regime but the new regime and army were a failure so they left.

Same here. I understand Ukraine was given weapons by Nato but Russia is a military super power, they should have used intelligence, airforce, drones to destroy all threats. What if Nato attacks Russia tomorrow, how will they be able to defend minus the nukes. Nukes are great deterrent but you cannot only rely on them . People say Russia doesn't have great targeting pods, radars for the planes, but why not import from China. Why attack Ukraine when your ill prepared? Complete failure.

Usa attacked Iraq and Afghanistan but they overtook the countries, in Iraq they've changed the regime and left, in Afghanistan they've changed the regime but the new regime and army were a failure so they left.

I'd say a combination of a brain drain and a historical lack of incentives to make products better has caused Russia to fall behind.

Russian navy is weak and i guess it was their arrogance not to buy from china.

The Russians vastly underestimated both Ukrainian resolve and military capability while overestimating their own capabilities to defend their forces. Their relatively "smooth" campaigns in Georgia and Crimea likely gave their leadership the false notion that Ukrainian regulars would surrender en masse, defect, or merely abandon their arms upon news of a Russian invasion; this would also explain why the Russians never bothered to launch an OIF-style decapitation strike against Ukrainian military bases and leadership.

This, coupled with the fact that Putin would've unlikely been cognizant of the decrepit state of Russia's military hardware & leadership, is almost a certain recipe for disaster.

Russian navy is weak and i guess it was their arrogance not to buy from china.
Buying from China won't solve a damn thing; their issue is with funding and poor military leadership/planning.

The Russians vastly underestimated both Ukrainian resolve and military capability while overestimating their own capabilities to defend their forces. Their relatively "smooth" campaigns in Georgia and Crimea likely gave their leadership the false notion that Ukrainian regulars would surrender en masse, defect, or merely abandon their arms upon news of a Russian invasion; this would also explain why the Russians never bothered to launch an OIF-style decapitation strike against Ukrainian military bases and leadership.

This, coupled with the fact that Putin would've unlikely been cognizant of the decrepit state of Russia's military hardware & leadership, is almost a certain recipe for disaster.

Buying from China won't solve a damn thing; their issue is with funding and poor military leadership/planning.

i can't say I disagree. They should have put their SU57 and T14 Armata in action, but I am not sure if they even have them in numbers to deploy to battle!

If Russian military can't even defeat Ukrainian regulars, I have no idea how do they think they are going to fight, if it ever comes to that, NATO.

On one hand I try not to be bothered because this is the first war in my lifetime, that we (Pakistanis) have nothing to do with, neither physically nor emotionally. But on the other hand, I find it upsetting because it is a step back to the Unipolar world.

It looks like NATO has got Russia exactly where they would like to see her. Economy ruined, military proven to be a paper tiger and reputation screwed up beyond repair. Finland and Sweden would join NATO so basically its a complete cock up from Putin!

The biggest beneficiary of all this is US. They get to sell their oil and gas to EU, Ukraine fights the war for them and Russia would stop being a headache so they would focus on China.

I can only hope the Chinese are watching and learning.

Well I think we may now know why they may have abandoned ship so quickly...

There could be two nuclear warheads aboard the sunken Russian cruiser, Moskva, as per Ukrainian experts, media reports said.

Andrii Klymenko, project manager at the Black Sea Institute for Strategic Studies, said: "Experts say that there are 2 nuclear warheads for cruise missiles on board the 'Moskva' (perhaps this could be news for many, but yes, this ship is a carrier of nuclear weapons)," the Ukrayinska Pravda reported.

"Where are these warheads? Where were they when the ammunition exploded? Where is the point on the map? Coordinates? - These are the competencies of the UN Security Council, the IAEA...

"The Black Sea coastal states - Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia - should join this immediately," he added.

In the evening of 13 April, it was reported that Ukrainian anti-ship Neptune missile hit the missile cruiser of the Russian Black Sea Fleet. After that, the cruiser with 16 cruise missiles was disabled.

On the morning of April 14, the Russian Defence Ministry admitted that there was a fire on the deck of the flagship of the Black Sea Fleet, but dropped everything on the accidental detonation of ammunition. The command personally reported the incident to Russian President Vladimir Putin, Ukrayinska Pravda reported.

The Ukrainian military command announced in the afternoon of April 14 that the cruiser "Moskva" began to sink due to the hit of Ukrainian missiles.

It later was reported that the Russian ship sank after a long fire on board while being towed to Sevastopol.
Hamari jaan ko bani hui hai. Ye Amreeki sundi apna rona ro rai hai lmao 😂😂

وہ یہاں کے مقابلے مشرق وسطیٰ کے بہت قریب ہیں۔
download (27).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom