What's new

Sultanate of Sulu demand the return of Sabah from Malaysia?

No individual has the right to claim Sabah for themselves even if he is the Sultan of Sulu. Before Sabah became a part of Malaysia, the United Nations have already conducted a referendum and a majority have stated that they DON'T WANT TO BE GOVERNED BY THE PHILIPPINES. If Filipinoes do not recognize this, then they are hypocrites - claiming to fight for justice and equality but not giving the people of Sabah the right to speak for themselves. I challenge anyone of them to allow for another referendum and see if we (Sabahans) want to be a part of the Philippines or under the Sultanate. Take up my challenge and resolve the situation of Sabah once for all! If you don't then, you are just a bunch of hypocrites trying to lay claim on Sabah as though no one lives here. Sabah is for Sabahans not for Jamallul Kiram III or his descendants. This is the 21st Century, man... Stop harping on your past. For all it takes, the Sultan may just be a stooge of scrupulous Malaysian pliticians who wants to incite fear among us ... especially when the 13th General Election is near.

No individual has the right to claim Sabah for themselves even if he is the Sultan of Sulu. Before Sabah became a part of Malaysia, the United Nations have already conducted a referendum and a majority have stated that they DON'T WANT TO BE GOVERNED BY THE PHILIPPINES. If Filipinoes do not recognize this, then they are hypocrites - claiming to fight for justice and equality but not giving the people of Sabah the right to speak for themselves. I challenge anyone of them to allow for another referendum and see if we (Sabahans) want to be a part of the Philippines or under the Sultanate. Take up my challenge and resolve the situation of Sabah once for all! If you don't then, you are just a bunch of hypocrites trying to lay claim on Sabah as though no one lives here. Sabah is for Sabahans not for Jamallul Kiram III or his descendants. This is the 21st Century, man... Stop harping on your past. For all it takes, the Sultan may just be a stooge of scrupulous Malaysian pliticians who wants to incite fear among us ... especially when the 13th General Election is near.

first post is the first bravest post, I like you man (not that I'm gay). But you need to cool down.

I am not here to conduct a wasteful debate about the result of the referendum held under UN supervision, but this crossed my mind, a referendum takes place because two opposing site agree to hear what the people in the disputed area want. The problem is, the former owner of Sabah, the royal family of Sulu which had been paid several dollars a year by British to lease its lands to the British, was not fully involved according to what Jamallul said. It raises my attention that the probability of Sulu voters number among the voters that were invited to vote, was relatively low to ensure a full formation of Malaysia federation under British.

I'd like to see a peaceful state of Sabah, but the fact that Sabah now under the threat of open separatism might raise another question. If being part of Malaysia is the best solution for Sabah, as you said, why can't Malaysia resolve the situation of Sabah once for all?

I totally agree with the idea of Sabah is for Sabahans, but isn't it contradictory with the fact that Sabah is now not governed by a Sabahan? I mean, Sabah pledge its allegiance to a king sit on the throne hundreds of miles away and none of them were from Sabah right? Meanwhile, the Sultan of Sulu claimed to be a part of Sabahan people, doesn't that mean he has the most true intention about "Sabah is for Sabahans"?

Correct me if I am wrong.

In the other hand, I hope you can stick with the points of the discussion, a derailed topic might lead to a stupid keyboard war, like,, some of threads here.

Thanks

This is actually an issue of ownership. Sabahan might have lived on the land but ultimately, the land belongs to the Sultan of Sulu. It was given to him by the Sultan of Brunei as a thank you for helping him through some unfortunate events. The Sultan ceded the land to the Philippines during the time of Macapagal. British violated the lease by transferring the rights to Malaysia. The Malaysian government pays yearly "rent" for Sabah and the "rent" payment originally came from British lease on Sabah. After the British gave the Malaysian independence, Malaysia still continued their token "rent" to the Sultanate of Sulu. Under any lease agreement, the lessee does not gain ownership of property lent by the lessor.

Well Malaysia knew this is coming long ago. That is the reason why they rounded up thousands of Filipino Muslim population from Sabah and deported them back to Mindanao in ship loads few years ago. Most of those deported were traders living there long ago and in fact some were born there. Philippine Government that time did not help these hapless folks and neglected their plight. This is actually a matter of political will. How far will Aquino push his political will and is he brave enough to do so? I just hope the Aquino administration is taking the necessary steps to deal with this issue. They must lay a helping hand to our Filipino Muslim brothers.

The land belongs to the Sultan, you are just living on it and the Malaysian government has been paying the rent for you guys. Anyway he is not trying to evict you, just the Malay government.

Aquino is not crazy enough to attack Sabah just because of oil and gas. Also that Sultan is crazy.

Your government has been claiming that land through the Sulu Sultanate for decades.

Come on people the best way out of this is cool head one this just sabotage this come when the MILF and the Government is about to sign a peace deal some one is playing the sultans mind here probity miswari(fromer chairman of the MNLF) we dont know for sure.

If the Asians don't unite the way the whites do,the former will continue to be the slaves of the latter the way the former have been for centuries。

It is time we Asians come together in spite of our differences and stand up to the whites。

The whites’ divide-and-rule tactic is simple and effective。

Their evil “black propaganda” is ubiquitous。

If the Asians don't unite the way the whites do,the former will continue to be the slaves of the latter the way the former have been for centuries。

It is time we Asians come together in spite of our differences and stand up to the whites。

And you need to grow up and see that your lies are not fooling anyone

Thank you. Yes, I admit that I lost my cool for some reason. Thanks for reminding me...
Well, you said that a referendum takes place because two opposing site agree to hear what the people in the disputed area want. The contention now is between Malaysia and the Philippines since the Sulu archipelago has become part of the Philippines Administration since achieving independence. Otherwise, Sulu should have its own separate Government.
Perhaps there has been some weakness in the first referendum. After 50 years, it is not too late to have another referendum ans let us see ... what is final verdict. This is my point, to have a second referendum with ALL interested parties involved. If yu like, you can include the Sultan of Sulu. But don't bet on the possibility that Sabahans would ever want to be governed by the Sultan of Sulu or Malacanang. Tun Mustapha tried to make Sabah a part of the Sulu Sultanate before and he was overthrown - this is proof enough that we don't want the Sultanate. As far as Kuala Lumpur is concerned, we have had 50 years of experience of not being treated as equal partners of the Federation. But that doesn't mean we are not fighting for the full recognition of the 20-point agreement with Kuala Lumpur. This, however, is beyond the purview of the Sultan or Malacanang.

We have helped many Asians but they backstab us every time. It wasn't us that enslaved these smaller asian countries but they direct their hate towards us.
We have shown maximum restraint and haven't used economic sanctions. Yet these ungrateful fools always try to blame everything on us. Viets, Pinoys, Koreans, Indians, and others are at fault. When they mature and stop acting like little children and use diplomacy to solve things, then we Asians can unite.

Kuala Lumpur Says No to Compromise

News Desk
Philippine Daily Inquirer
Publication Date : 20-02-2013

Malaysia Said No Deal from the Legitimate Owners of Sabah from the Philippines - ANN

Malaysian security forces on Tuesday began to move in on a group of armed Filipinos holed up in a village in Sabah as the Malaysian home minister vowed never to compromise his country’s sovereignty and security.

The last 24 hours had seen an increase in police, army and naval activities within a 24-kilometre radius around the village of Tanduao in Lahad Datu town where the Filipinos were holed up, refusing to leave and claiming Sabah was their homeland.

But the security forces kept their distance of more than 500 metres from the armed group and stationed themselves near a workers’ quarters, and were keeping watch on the Filipinos who at times walk out to a well just 300 meters from their location to fetch water.

Lets get real. The people of Sabah wanted to be part of Federation of Malaysia, they did not want to be part of Philippines, they had effectely toppled the Sultan of Sulu when they voted in UN held referendum to be part of Malaysia. Malaysia did not sent in troops to occupy Sabah by force, people had voiced up, the Sultan was no more, just like in Libya people made their choice.

If this Sultan of Sulu can make such claim, I wonder all those former Sultans of Dutch East India, descendants of rulers of Majapahit empire, Langkasuka, Champa, Ryukyu, and all those South-Asian kindoms that exist no more etc etc will make similar claims to their "lost" lands.

Lets get real. The people of Sabah wanted to be part of Federation of Malaysia, they did not want to be part of Philippines, they had effectely toppled the Sultan of Sulu when they voted in UN held referendum to be part of Malaysia. Malaysia did not sent in troops to occupy Sabah by force, people had voiced up, the Sultan was no more, just like in Libya people made their choice.

If this Sultan of Sulu can make such claim, I wonder all those former Sultans of Dutch East India, descendants of rulers of Majapahit empire, Langkasuka, Champa, Ryukyu, and all those South-Asian kindoms that exist no more etc etc will make similar claims to their "lost" lands.

That's the problem this people are acting on their own its hard to apprized them if it was easy we would not need Malaysia to help us with the Peace deal some people in all the so called moro movements is not happy with the peace deal so they cook this up to screw all that's it

But the thing is, none of countries where Majapahit, Langkasuka, or Chmapa were once dominated, are using the concept of federation as Malaysia is. In Unitary system countries like Indonesia and the rest of ASEAN, even when the descendants are still exist, the best thing they can get is special privilege like the Sultan of Jogja and Surakarta. When things like this happen, the country can use its full force to kick those kings back to their bed.

Meanwhile, a federation is composed from several states agreed to be under one flag in which Malaysia is consisted from several Malay sultanates. Therefore, there should be a King for each one of federal states to represent its formal existence as a state at least, instead, Sabah is governed by a Chief Minister, little bit bellow a Sultan I presume because he has no absolute power as the Sultans have.

My concern is, how could the British and the U.N conduct a "fair" voting when the rightfully owner of Sabah was not fully involved? Not to mention why Malaysia holds him out of the chair and insists on giving cession money to Sulu like the British did instead of acknowledging the Sulu royal family and put him on the throne..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom