What's new

Sukhoi upgrade gains urgency amid worries over Russian spares

India will do this upgrade on its own. There is no other option now. In the end only noteworthy import will be engine, which HAL manufactures . Every other equipment will be replaced with Indian/ Israeli ones.

No.. they are overhauled in Kanpur. Issue will be procurement of Titanium alloy for manufacturing. HAL has plenty experience in maintaining these.

HAL only assembles the engines, not manufacture them.

Almost 80% of the headache is making the turbine stage.
It's not about titanium alloy, it's breeding the single crystal structures which is the problem.
NO ONE will give India or Pakistan that technology,

I'll tell you a little secret the S400 isn't as sanction proof as you think it is...
...and Soviet era SAMS are far more potent to western air assets than modern Russian variants.
and exactly what soviet era SAMs might you be talking about here ?

I'll tell you a little secret the S400 isn't as sanction proof as you think it is...
The latest developments due to Russian invasion has increased the possibility a little. Indian government has been a bit successful in diplomatic game and might be able to ward it off.

Soviet era SAMS are far more potent
I guess that’s the reason India is still using SAM 3s and SAM 8s. Shifting to newer systems is inevitable due to life cycle as well as maintainability issues. In this regard too India has upgraded using Israeli systems except S400.

India has more than 250 SU 30s. Entire Armour bar Arjun, bulk of IAF transport fleet and many other systems are Russian. These are going to there for few more decades. There is no getting away from this dependence.
India knows the fallout of taking Russian side in this conflict. It must have been done after due diligence.
Who calculated better would be known in the near future.
As an Indian, my fingers are crossed.

Last edited:

It's not about titanium alloy, it's breeding the single crystal structures which is the problem.
Why not look to make it ... rather than wait for someone to give it

We have SCB for Al-31 for years now. Have been manufacturing them as well.

The latest developments due to Russian invasion has increased the possibility a little. Indian government has been a bit successful in diplomatic game and might be able to ward it off.

I guess that’s the reason India is still using SAM 3s and SAM 8s. Shifting to newer systems is inevitable due to life cycle as well as maintainability issues. In this regard too India has upgraded using Israeli systems except S400.

India has more than 250 SU 30s. Entire Armour bar Arjun, bulk of IAF transport fleet and many other systems are Russian. These are going to there for few more decades. There is no getting away from this dependence.
India knows the fallout of taking Russian side in this conflict. It must have been done after due diligence.
Who calculated better would be known in the near future.
As an Indian, my fingers are crossed.
No sanctions for S-400.. We will induct them and field them as well. Everyone hoping for CAATSA will again get disappointed.

No sanctions for S-400.. We will induct them and field them as well. Everyone hoping for CAATSA will again get disappointed.
What ever happened to the Kaveri engine? :lol:

S400 is a stranded asset for India. Future deliveries will be delayed....probably indefinitely, IMO. Based on Russian performance in Ukraine.....S400 is massively overhyped.

What ever happened to the Kaveri engine? :lol:

S400 is a stranded asset for India. Future deliveries will be delayed....probably indefinitely, IMO. Based on Russian performance in Ukraine.....S400 is overhyped.
S-400 will be fielded with slight delivery rescheduled. All of them. Over hyped or, not.. US is still not allowing any F-35 to come near it..

Was S400 deployed and used during this conflict. Shot down a Ukrainian Mig from 250 km.

I am not sure if this is the appropriate platform, but you really do need to work on your education.
Scientific education, not the pajeet swami one.

Hint: There is a reason Kaveri was a abortion.

Why not look to make it ... rather than wait for someone to give it

Doesn't work that way,
industrial achievements are best made in an orderly sequential fashion.

If the above is not followed, then the development cost is too high, and the market to consume that product doesn't exist.

Chinese model is the best, their industry is designed and optimized perfectly.

Last edited:
I am not sure if this is the appropriate platform, but you really do need to work on your education.
Scientific education, not the pajeet swami one.

Hint: There is a reason Kaveri was a abortion.

Doesn't work that way,
industrial achievements are best made in an orderly sequential fashion.

If the above is not followed, then the development cost is too high, and the market to consume that product doesn't exist.

Chinese model is the best, their industry is designed and optimized perfectly.

Hehehehehe..

Engines will be the biggest issue going forward for IAF SU-30's, IMO. Their not reliable and have to be overhauled/repaired in Russia.

Is it possible to replace Su-30's engine with US or western ones?? Also is it possible to upgrade MKIs with latest F-15 variant tech??

No.. they are overhauled in Kanpur. Issue will be procurement of Titanium alloy for manufacturing. HAL has plenty experience in maintaining these.
Absolutely BS. They still 99% dependant on Russian imports.

Nice video but full of lies and self delusion. It wouldn't change the fact, MKI can't fly without Russian continue support and assistance.

Back
Top Bottom