What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

SU 27 broke that record a long time back. The Item 30 engine has now crossed the design phase. And you need to read a lot more about Russian aviation before you run your mouth.

BTW the AL 41 designed in 1980s had more thrust than any other engines that were built that time.

These figures are for the damn engine mach 1.5 supercruise 171kn.

PAKFA can do Mach 1.5 supercruise , f22 does mach 1.82. PAKFA ceiling operational 20000m F22 19812m, Max ceiling Pakfa according to report 22400m f22 22700m

1st of all u need to understand that PAK fa doesnt have a proper engine it is being developed

2ndly Putin did claim in a video the T-50 will have greater supercruise and max speed than the F-22. how do u take it thats upto you ???:coffee:

3rd PAK FA empty weight is 3 tons less than F-22, then T-50 can reach 2100 km/h supercruise speed using the current 117 engines. This is indirectly confirmed by Mikhail Pogosian.

4th F22 exact supercruise speed is highly classified but more than mach 1.5 is very likely

These figures are for the damn engine mach 1.5 supercruise 171kn.

The engine has not even come out of the drawing board and you are already sure of it's supercruise capability? Do you have a crystal ball or something?

The engine has not even come out of the drawing board and you are already sure of it's supercruise capability? Do you have a crystal ball or something?

The engine is ready but fitting it is difficult. Even f35 can do 50000lb or 220kn with current engine but 1 single engine producing such monstrous power heats blade resulting in crack during testing. So image Pak fa will also take time for final integration.

The engine is ready but fitting it is difficult. Even f35 can do 50000lb or 220kn with current engine but 1 single engine producing such monstrous power heats blade resulting in crack during testing. So image Pak fa will also take time for final integration.

But still you told that it cant supercruise...thats what I asked if you have a crystal ball or something.

But still you told that it cant supercruise...thats what I asked if you have a crystal ball or something.

IT CAN SUPERCRUISE BUT AT 1.5 MACH ONLY. Not Mach 1.82 like F22 as TWR is less than f22 as it is heavier and has less thrust available.

IT CAN SUPERCRUISE BUT AT 1.5 MACH ONLY. Not Mach 1.82 like F22 as TWR is less than f22 as it is heavier and has less thrust available.

You can nit know that. New engine for PAK-FA is not ready yet.

You can nit know that. New engine for PAK-FA is not ready yet.

One of your media outlets quoted the project director man. I ain't lying. I want Israeli avionics fused with Indian ones it. Killer in Asia Pacific region.

One of your media outlets quoted the project director man. I ain't lying. I want Israeli avionics fused with Indian ones it. Killer in Asia Pacific region.

The actual speed of both the F 22 and the PAK FA are classified. and so is the top speed. So there is no way you can know the top supercruise speed or the top speed of both the aircrafts. Whatever you see in the media is just a wild guess of numbers.

1st of all u need to understand that PAK fa doesnt have a proper engine it is being developed

2ndly Putin did claim in a video the T-50 will have greater supercruise and max speed than the F-22. how do u take it thats upto you ???:coffee:

3rd PAK FA empty weight is 3 tons less than F-22, then T-50 can reach 2100 km/h supercruise speed using the current 117 engines. This is indirectly confirmed by Mikhail Pogosian.

4th F22 exact supercruise speed is highly classified but more than mach 1.5 is very likely

Do you have a source for that claim? Because I sure as hell can't find it.

Do you have a source for that claim? Because I sure as hell can't find it.

actually i got that info from a forum only but that actually should be max speed not supercruise speed

Data is short, almost none actually. However progrm-outside experts have calculated that if the PAK FA empty weight is 3 tons less than F-22, then T-50 can reach 2100 km/h supercruise speed using the current 117 engines. This is indirectly confirmed by Mikhail Pogosian. He has stated that Sukhoi company is completely satisfied with 117 engine performance and the engine completely complies all the 5-gen fighter engine requirements on thrust, specific thrust, resource and speed/altitude params.

SOURCE
PAK FA, T-50: News - Page 59

OK here is a source that would grow hair in your chest:lol:
Russia’s fifth generation T-50 fighter jet through important testing stage
Modern-day combat planes will never again be what they used to be. Now it is a jet-fighter, an attack plane and a bomber all in one; a plane that can accomplish any mission. T-50 is a fifth generation plane, which means it is invisible to enemy radars; it means it’s the fastest plane, with the maximum speed exceeding 2,500 kilometres per hour; it means the plane is equipped with artificial intelligence (that is the aircraft thinks over and performs missions that the pilot was to take care of earlier).
According to a test pilot, Hero of Russia Sergei Bogdan, the pilot may abandon all of his controls on barely taking off, without even activating the auto-flight mode; the aircraft will never dive, but will maintain its horizontal flight. The plane may even start falling tail first, in which case it will by all means warn the pilot of the situation.
If something happens to the pilot during the flying mission, the jet fighter will be able to return to the base and even land there on its own. It is actually quite true that the T-50 offers its pilots many things on a silver platter. One such thing is an automatic target recognizer.
The jet fighter’s cover is suggestive of a living organism; it reacts to whatever happens around due to special transmitting-receiving elements that are virtually sewn into the jet-fighter’s body. This is also known as a smart cover.
Prior to T-50, it was the US F-22 Raptor, which was seen as the world’s smartest fifth generation jet fighter. But the Russian fighter plane is ahead of its US equivalent in several ways, namely T-50 is faster than F-22 Raptor by 500 kilometres per hour, it is lighter but can flight to greater distances. But the most important about T-50 is its equipment, which is hidden inside the aircraft. The PAK FA (another way of referring to T-50, meaning literally a ‘Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation’, made more than 500 flights in the years of secret testing. The designers have agreed that the flights have been normal.

Read more: Russia

F-22 can reach speeds of 1600 mph according to chief test pilot Paul Metz. If T-50 is 500 km/h faster than that, then it can somehow reach 3000 km/h. Unless Pogosyan or Bogdan explicitly gives a figure like Metz did, then I don't trust the 500 km/h claim, as it is something said by the news media. Make no mistake, T-50 is an impressive aircraft, but traveling that fast doesn't make much sense, as you would be quite visible to IR sensors.

F-22 can reach speeds of 1600 mph according to chief test pilot Paul Metz. If T-50 is 500 km/h faster than that, then it can somehow reach 3000 km/h.

That math does not add up .

According to you , maximum speed of F22 is 1600 mph . T50 has 500kmph more speed , i.e 310 mph .

So the T50 will reach speed around 1900+ mph .

That math does not add up .

According to you , maximum speed of F22 is 1600 mph . T50 has 500kmph more speed , i.e 310 mph .

So the T50 will reach speed around 1900+ mph .

Bro 1900 mph is equal to 3000 kph. 3000 kph is equivalent to Mach 2.8.

Back
Top Bottom