What's new

Suicide attack in Mohmand

Got to agree with the most part of your post. But the fact remain that these suicide bastards don't know anything about Islam. These hell bound creatures don't even know how many chapters are their in Holy Quran.

:angry:

Yup these suicide bastards killing innocent people in pakistan (ttp), India(LET), Israel(Hamas),US (AQ), in chechnya, SL (LTTE) rot in hell !!

Yup these suicide bastards killing innocent people in pakistan (ttp), India(LET), Israel(Hamas),US (AQ), in chechnya, SL (LTTE) rot in hell !!

Any particular reason for Pakistan being the only country not capitalized by you?

This is not the first and this is not the last either. This is more like weekly allowances for all of us. Let us now wait for the next check saving some tears.

The bombers themselves say they do it for the sake of their god, Allah. I suppose if you love Allah more than your fellow man, even your neighbors, then you can kill them, if you think that will please Allah.

Not necessarily, there are other reasons involved too. Sometimes they would justify them by proclaiming that it was act of revenge against people who cooperated with 'enemies' or because they were retaliating in a 'holy war'.

Take that failed bomber and failed man called Faisal Shahzad, his idiotic reason was drone strikes in FATA. Its not that they do it for Allah, that is what they would say in some cases, mostly it is to do with hatred that is instilled in them against someone or some group.

However they then think of what you said, that by killing this way, they are pleasing Allah.

And all this is shamefully taught to them.

I am still not clear what the agenda of these people is, baffling.

The bombers themselves say they do it for the sake of their god, Allah. I suppose if you love Allah more than your fellow man, even your neighbors, then you can kill them, if you think that will please Allah.

This should be easily understood by all, by now. They do it, they say, to show Allah their love.......

PS, they don't care that you don't think that is what Allah wants. They know better. They are more committed lovers of Allah than you.

Most of the people who are involved in such barbaric activity don't completely understand the Quran and the meaning of most of the verse's and Chapters! They can read and write in Arabic but they can't understand it, and any so called "religious scholar" can mislead these kids!

The Quran is the words of Allah and it clearly states in the Quran that even if you kill one innocent person it as if you killed the whole of humanity and if you save one life its as if you save the whole of humanity! So if they want to please Allah they should stop targeting market places, hospitals, and mosques full of innocent people.

THE MARTYRS SONG..
“When we die as martyrs, we will go to heaven.
When we die as martyrs, we will go to heaven.
No don’t say that we are young,
This life has turned us into adults.
Without Palestine, what meaning is there to childhood?

Even if they give us the entire world,
No, no, it won’t make us forget her.
My country and my blood are for her sake.

Children, you have fulfilled your religious obligation.
There is no God but God, and the martyr is God’s favorite.
You have taught us the meaning of manhood.

O Allah, with your mercy I shall be assisted.
O vital and enduring God,
O merciful or mercifuls, O noble of nobles,
O Allah, protect Islam and the Muslims.

O Allah, save the children of Palestine.
O Allah, take revenge for us.

O Allah, answer our prayers. Amen.

Without Palestine, what meaning is there to childhood?”

THE MARTYRS SONG..
“When we die as martyrs, we will go to heaven.
When we die as martyrs, we will go to heaven.
No don’t say that we are young,
This life has turned us into adults.

There is no God but God, and the martyr is God’s favorite.

O Allah, with your mercy I shall be assisted.
O vital and enduring God,
O merciful or mercifuls, O noble of nobles,

O Allah, save the children of Palestine.

O Allah, answer our prayers. Amen.

Without Palestine, what meaning is there to childhood?”

i don't get it, what's the meaning of posting this? They died for Palestine because for them its a legitimate cause and they are considered Martyrs, they resisted a illegal occupation of their land and they died resisting!

didn't the Colonialist fight the british for liberation and freedom? And aren't they considered heroes by the American people?

Of course TTP and Al-Qaeda are terrorists because they kill indiscriminately, they take innocent lives and then they boast about it, but i don't see why you brought in a poem about Palestine in this thread! Stick to the topic!

Blast in Pakistan's tribal region kills 56, wounds more than 100

By the CNN Wire Staff
July 9, 2010 10:26 a.m. EDT

A security guard outside a hospital in Peshawar helps an injured victim of the suicide bombing on Friday.

stacks.mohmand.agency.pakistan.jpg

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
-More victims may be trapped under rubble
-Attack is carried out by a suicide car bomber
-Target is a government building
-Mohmand Agency is one of seven semiautonomous regions

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- A suicide car bomber killed at least 56 people and wounded more than 100 others Friday when his vehicle exploded in a market in Mohmand Agency in Pakistan's tribal region, officials said.

The intended target of the attack was a local government office in the town of Eakah. But the vehicle detonated in a market near the building, said Hayat Khan, a local administration official.

About 20 shops, five houses and the local jail were damaged in the blast.

In the confusion following the attack, various officials provided conflicting death tolls.

Amjad Ali Khan, chief of Mohmand Agency, said four policemen were among the dead. Maqsood Mahed Khan, a local government official, said three children and two women were killed.

Authorities also believe more victims may be trapped under the rubble of damaged buildings.

Mohmand is one of seven semiautonomous tribal agencies along the 1,500-mile border porous border that Pakistan shares with Afghanistan.

The Pakistani military has been battling insurgents in the area for some time.

Blast in Pakistan's tribal region kills 56, wounds more than 100 - CNN.com

Suicide attacks in Mohmand kill 65, peace jirga main target

By Fauzee Khan Mohmand
Saturday, 10 Jul, 2010

GHALANAI: At least 65 people were killed and over 100 others injured when two explosions ripped through a crowded bazaar in Mohmand Agency on Friday.

The blasts took place at about 9.30am when the Ekkaghund Bazaar was bustling with life. Within minutes, the market area was completely devastated. Bodies of men, women and children were lying all around and some buried in the rubble.

Over 70 shops, houses, vehicles, offices and a police lock-up were destroyed or damaged.

Assistant Political Agent Rasool Khan said the blasts were caused by suicide attacks near his office where a jirga of Utmankhel tribe was under way to chalk out a plan to restore peace in the area.

Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack. Local Taliban spokesman Ikramullah Mohmand told journalists by phone that the main target was the jirga which had been convened to discuss a plan against Taliban.

According to the assistant political agent, a low-intensity explosion was heard near the administration office which was quickly followed by a powerful blast.

A man on a motorbike was trying to enter the office where the jirga was being held when the first explosion took place, Rasool Khan was quoted as saying.

The second explosion caused widespread devastation in the adjacent commercial area.

A witness said a mini-truck laden with explosives was detonated in the main bazaar.

There was chaos in the area and people rushed to the place to retrieve bodies and injured people trapped under the rubble of shops and houses. They started removing the debris with shovels.

The local administration did not have adequate machinery and other resources to cope with the situation and the injured people and bodies remained under the rubble for several hours. Rescue work was under way till late evening.

The blast left a five-foot wide and four-foot deep crater on the main road. The place was littered with limbs and debris.

Local resident Hassan Ali Jan lost seven members of his family -- five women and two children -- when their house collapsed.

Witnesses said a number of people waiting in front of an office of the National Database and Registration Authority were also injured.

About 40 detainees escaped after the police lock-up was damaged.

“As I came out of the APA’s office, the explosion rocked the bazaar. Darkness engulfed the place and it took me quite some time to recover from the shock,” another resident, Gohar Ali, said.

His father who was in the Nadra office was injured.

Ambulances were rushed from Peshawar to take the injured to hospitals -- 70 of them were taken to the Lady Reading Hospital, several of them in critical condition.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Owais Ahmad Ghani issued a statement condemning the attack, but did not visit the injured in the hospital.

“This cowardly attack has exposed the true face of the terrorists who are brutal, savage and anti-Islam,” a handout quoted him as saying.

Provincial Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain visited the hospital and inquired about the injured people.

“It was like Qiyamat,” Sher Afzal of Ekkaghund told Dawn at the hospital. People were grieving over the loss of relatives.

LRH’s Chief Executive Hameed Khan Afridi told journalists that three injured men and a woman had died in the hospital.

Mohmand Agency’s Political Agent Amjad Ali Khan visited the place of the attack and announced Rs100,000 compensation for relatives of each of the dead and Rs50,000 for the injured.

AFP adds: Local official Maqsood Ahmed said: “A function was held at an office to distribute wheelchairs. A lot of people had gathered outside the office.” He said the suicide bomber drove into the people queueing for wheelchairs and blew himself up.

Zulfiqar Ali of Dawn’s Peshawar Bureau contributed to the report

DAWN.COM | Front Page | Taliban claim responsibility; peace jirga main target: Suicide attacks in Mohmand; 65 die

===============

Looking at the two highlighted parts:

1. This was a Jirga of tribal elders that was deliberately targetted, so the Taliban can in no way argue that they are 'fighting for the Tribal people and customs' since they are deliberately targeting the very same Tribes and their 'riwaj'.

2. The second min-Truck bomb was detonated in a market place - no longer should there be any doubt that the Taliban seek to massacre and maim innocents. There was no Jirga in the market place, the Jirga was where the first bomber tried to attack, and the Taliban knew where the Jirga and political agent were since the first bomber targeted that location. That can only mean that the bombing of innocents in the market was a deliberate massacre of innocents.

To those with poisoned minds who still wish to 'negotiate' and 'accommodate' the Taliban and think that they in any way have some sort of 'legitimate cause', this should be an eyeopener if nothing else so far has been,

Not necessarily, there are other reasons involved too. Sometimes they would justify them by proclaiming that it was act of revenge against people who cooperated with 'enemies' or because they were retaliating in a 'holy war'.

T-Faz, Sir,

You said you could not "understand " how any man could do such a thing. Now, in your rebuttal post to me you are apologizing for them and saying that you do know they have understandable reasons. You imply their motives are, perhaps, somewhat legitimate in your eyes. I think it is this kind of ambivalence and equivocation that allows them to continue to have support in your society. Look into your heart. Is a drone strike that kills TTP fighters and their collaborators justification for killing innocent Pakistanis in the 10's and 100's? Of course not! Yet you offer to me your rebuttal. Stop offering rebuttals to denunciations of these monsters! Stop giving them ANY moral justification. Until you and all Pakistanis do this, they will find the oxygen in your society they need to continue to live.

Twin Suicide Blasts:
Kill over 70; Injure 115 in Mohmand Agency of Pakistan

'Pakistan Times' Special Correspondent

PESHAWAR: At least 70 people were killed and over 115 injured as two suicide bombers ripped through the political offices in quick succession in tehsil Yakka Ghund in northwestern Mohmand Agency of Pakistan Friday.

Political Agent Amjad Ali Khan has, however put the death toll at 65 with the number of the injured as 110. Yet, the exact digit of the causalities was be counted.

Khan said that the dead included five Khasadars, two political Moharrars [office clerks] and five persons of a family while over 100 shops and more than two dozens vehicles were totally destroyed in the explosions.

Though best possible available treatment was being extended to the injured for their speedy recovery, medics say that the death toll could increase as some of the wounded persons were in serious condition. A media report says that Tehrik e Taliban Mohmand chapter has accepted responsibility for the devastating blasts.

The first bomber riding a motor bike hit the main boundary wall of the political offices of Tehsil Yakka Ghund while the second bomber driving an explosive laden flying coach targeted the main offices which also included a sub jail in the premises.

Resultantly the entire buildings collapsed, killing 65 people and injuring 110 others. Thirty five prisoners fled from the jail of whom four returned.

The injured were immediately rushed to the nearby hospital and those critically wounded shifted to Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar. The massive structures of the buildings located in the political offices razed to ground due to the deadly blast.

Another report says that the TTP Mohmand spokesman Ikramullah Mohmand told media persons on phone from undisclosed location that their target was offices of the political administration and the local Ambar peace committee which had arranged an anti taliban jirga there.

He confessed that flying coach loaded with explosives was used in the second suicide blast which played havoc in the area. Our intentions were to stop holding of the anti Taliban jirga.

An earlier report had said that a suicide bomber ripped through a government office in tehsil Yakka Ghund in Mohmand agency killing 15 people and injuring 80 others,said Incharge Civil Hospital.

The bomber exploded himself up in front of political offfice in Yakka Ghund killing 15 people and injuring 80 others. There was great rush of the people in the political office at the time of blast.

Assistant Political agent and Tehsildar Yakka Ghund sit in the political office for disposal of the cases. The injured were rushed to neaby hospital and LRH Peshwar. Three dead bodies and fifteen injured have been shifted to LRH Peshawar including women and children.

Security forces cordoned off the area and started rescue operation. The building of the political office collapsed and it is feared many people buried under its rubble.

President, PM Condemn

Meanwhile, President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani on Friday strongly condemned the blast in Mohmand Agency and expressed deep grief and sorrow over the heavy loss of lives.

The President and the Prime Minister in separate messages reiterated their resolve not to bow to the terrorists and to continue the operation against militants, till their elimination.They also sought a report on the incident and directed that best possible medical care be provided to the injured.

Twin Suicide Blasts:<br>Kill over 70; Injure 115 in Mohmand Agency of Pakistan

i don't get it, what's the meaning of posting this? They died for Palestine because for them its a legitimate cause and they are considered Martyrs, they resisted a illegal occupation of their land and they died resisting!

didn't the Colonialist fight the british for liberation and freedom? And aren't they considered heroes by the American people?

Of course TTP and Al-Qaeda are terrorists because they kill indiscriminately, they take innocent lives and then they boast about it, but i don't see why you brought in a poem about Palestine in this thread! Stick to the topic!

Lot of Muslem young people are falling in love with the idea of being a MARTYR, they dont really care whom they kill,, these so called Martyrs are kill many times more muslems then non muslems now days. Often when you have a suicide in a high school or college you will have more suicides, these kids have fell into love with death, they are really more interested in dieing and become martyas and of course Islamic Paradise is an added incentives.

Back
Top Bottom