What's new

Sui-30MKI fighter jet goes missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
U mean their bodies or they alive not yet known ? Thats strange as its 2-3 days since crash site located. Must be traumatizing for the families.
As per news there are no traces of pilots / bodies, i assume may be they bailed of and landed on Chinese side of border, In that case this could be a great headache for India since India recently teased China too much.

As per news there are no traces of pilots / bodies, i assume may be they bailed of and landed on Chinese side of border, In that case this could be a great headache for India since India recently teased China too much.
Well i doubt they would be flying that close to the border. The chutes given to pilots make them land nearby to point of ejection. Or they may have ejected far away from the crash site. Whatever the case, hope they get found.

Well i doubt they would be flying that close to the border. The chutes given to pilots make them land nearby to point of ejection. Or they may have ejected far away from the crash site. Whatever the case, hope they get found.

There could be a possibility they ejected and set out on foot. The area sounds quite inaccessible, they might have realized that there was a slim chance of being found and could have took it upon themselves to trek to a nearby village/town. They've got their maps with them, would make sense from their perspective.

There is a large state with mountainous terrain in between the crash site and China. So no chance in hell. Parachutes wont fly 400 km horizantly. Given the terrain I wont be surprised if it takes almost a month more to track those pilots down (assuming they have died).

Epic fail.
Crash site is over 100 km from border.

Epic fail.
Crash site is over 100 km from border.
Epic idiocy since this was plane crash site, do you know where and when Pilots ejects and how strong was the wind and how many thousand of feet above the ground they ejected.

Make the calculation height of ejection, Wind and location of ejection (from the Black Box).

Maybe this
maxresdefault.jpg
01film.jpg

Or might be this :lol:

hmlye.png

Reactions: PDF
How dangerous is it to eject from a fighter Jet?

YOU have a one in three chance of breaking your spine - but you are trading a violent event for probable death, says Swinburne University researcher in aviation medicine David Newman. As a civilian pilot and former Royal Australian Air Force doctor, Dr Newman explains this ''escape mechanism of last resort''.

Walk us through it.
The modern ejection seat is a complex, two-part system. There's an ejection gun, which the pilot activates by pulling a handle and that gets the seat moving up out of the aeroplane. Once the seat travels a metre or two up, the secondary device kicks off.

1344272450547.jpg

The modern ejection seat is a complex system
Which is?
A rocket, basically, directly under the seat. It's a series of little white tubes, with nozzles for the exhaust outlet, which have solid rocket fuel in them. That burns for about 0.2 of a second.

Rocketing the seat how far?
Roughly 100 feet in the air, depending on the seat and aircraft configuration. Then a tiny drogue parachute pops out of the seat-top. It's not enough to land with but it stabilizes the seat so the pilot doesn't tumble out of control.
When comes the bigger chute?
If it's below 10,000 feet, once the drogue chute activates it pulls out the main parachute at the same time as the ejection-seat mounting points are disengaged from the pilot's harness. So the seat falls away and the pilot is left floating under the main chute. The sequence is less than three seconds from pulling the handle to being under the chute - it's very quick, violent and people clearly remember doing it.

And at higher altitude?
If you eject at 20,000-30,000 feet, you don't want the main chute to open straight away because it could take 20 minutes to get to the ground and there's not enough oxygen to breathe. For the pilot to breathe there's a small oxygen bottle attached to the seat. Now, the pilot's fall out of the sky is fast - terminal velocity, almost - but a barometric-pressure device will sense when the seat is at 10,000 feet.
Automatically?
Yes, then the main chute comes out, the seat falls away and pilot floats down for a relatively firm landing. The parachute is designed to get you on the ground quickly with minimal injury.

OK, what is your chance of survival?
If you look at statistics around the world, the survival rate is greater than 92 per cent. So a small number of ejections are fatal, usually because the pilot leaves it to the last minute to eject, or the seat is damaged, in a midair collision for instance.

Are injuries common?
About one in three will get a spinal facture, due to the force when the seat is ejected - the gravitational force is 14 to 16 times normal gravity and it might be applied at 200G per second. Bruising and abrasions are typical from the shock of the chute opening or the air blast. In the early days, there were cases where pilots would eject into very-high-speed air and it would whip their arms behind and break them, pop their shoulders out; same thing could happen to the legs.

What about neck injuries?
People have hit their chins on their chest. The weight of a standard head, plus helmet, plus mask, is about seven kilograms. At 9G it is 63 kilograms of mass. If you have a 25G ejection, with a standard seat-back angle, the force driving your head forward and down is about eight times the force of gravity. There is also a risk of leg fracture.

report is that crash is 100 km away from border, how can they land across border

report is that crash is 100 km away from border, how can they land across border
As I posted above jet crashed at 100 KM from border but no one knows when and where pilots ejected from the jet and how far from the border, Only black box with pin point the location of ejection.

Epic idiocy since this was plane crash site, do you know where and when Pilots ejects and how strong was the wind and how many thousand of feet above the ground they ejected.

Make the calculation height of ejection, Wind and location of ejection (from the Black Box).
so u suggest that plane has strayed well across the border, got shot and fell within in our territory while pilots were caught in china.
but our people have found parachutes too na?

World care about what China thinks. Your punny ego will cause you more harm then good.

Given the size, clout and economic might of China, the people of south Tibet who are by all means ethnic Chinese will choose China over third world India.

You know kid, there is a strong possibility that the underwear you are wearing to your iPhone got made in China written on it. And it's a nation who on its own send men in space and operate it's own space station.

Either you are terribly misinformed, naive or delusional.

he is not misinformed or naïve.....he is INDIAN (drama hona chayeee)

Once again Pakistan had just 40 F-16s for 22 years! They were under embargo for another 15 years. Let that sink in. They spent more time in hangers and being cannibalized for parts then they did flying, which Pakistan could hardly afford anyways.

Some simple math, let's say all 40 Pakistani F-16 were operational for those 22 years (they weren't) and let's say Pakistani pilots received 200 flight hours annually which is impossible on Pakistan's budget that =176,000 flight hours over 22 years.

Take 200 flight hours for just 5 years out of a fleet of 210MKIs and you get 210,000 flight hours. Let's say for the other 10 years they only had 100MKIs operational at 200 hours annually that works out to 410,000 hours flown. Anyway you slice it Indian MKIs have racked up more flight time then Pakistani F-16s even though they don't have as long as a service history.

Out of those 40 F-16 how many do you think were actually operational because of the embargo? The reality is Pakistan canabalized a number of those F-16 for parts even the US does the same when they are in need of parts.

Now factor in the Pakistani defense budget which is almost nothing. How does Pakistan afford to feed, train, cloth, house one of the largest militaries in the world on a budget of penuts? The Pakistani navy, armored diversions and Air Force are all large so I'm sorry to burst your fantasy but Pakistan can not afford to give its F-16 pilots anywhere near the flight time as Indian pilots. It's just a reality.

In the late 1990s when the Russian military budget was almost twice that of today's Pakistani military budget the Russian Air Force was mostly grounded because it could not afford to keep aircraft flying. Somehow Pakistan is excluded from this? Does Pakistan F-16s use no fuel? Do Pakistan get free parts? Do Pakistani technicians work free? Does someone else pay for the legistics?

Pakistan had a very small amount of operational F-16s for decades (less then 40) that spent more time in hangers then they did in the air due to a broke Air Force with no money.

Compare that to India, which has atleast 3x more MKIs then Pakistan has F-16s and all the facilities to quickly get MKIs back in the air. Not to mention some MKI get as much as 300 hours annually. Pakistan doesn't come anywhere close to that considering it's meager defense budget and massive military.
Lol to your comprehension abilities and those acknowledging it, it's obvious you are oblivious to the basics of induction of military aviation.... i will make my reply brief and to the point.
1: PAF received it's initial batch of 40 F-16s over a four year period (1983-87)...even before the supply was completed these aircraft were fighting combat against Afghan/Soviet aircraft with first confirmed kill in May 1986.
By October 1994, PAF had lost 8 of it's aircraft, 2 were bird strikes, one hit a wild boar during take off and one was shot down by a stray missile during dogfight, so half of the 8 losses were unavoidable, no human error or maintenance issues. Now comes the real interesting period and a lesson for any wishful thinkers. During the period between 1994-2005, PAF didn't suffer a single mishap amongst it's F-16 fleet and in those 11 years, the 32 remaining F-16 clocked 100,000 incident free flight hours, a fact acknowledged by LM and P&W....KEEPING IN MIND, THIS WAS THE PERIOD OF KARGIL CONFLICT (1999) and the year long 2002 stand off between Pakistan and India.
http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article1468.html

Although there were sanctions but at no time the F-16 fleet was grounded (At least Five IAF Fulcrum pilots would testify that), the spares were obtained through various other sources, some CAP sorties were curtailed but never the F-16 fleet was grounded and you certainly ridicule yourself by such pathetic claims that PAF was cannibalizing it's F-16 fleet....whatever gave you this wild notion. @Oscar @Knuckles @MastanKhan .
The PAF F-16s have at least 10 confirmed kills to their name.

2: First SU-30s started arriving in India in 2002, with first locally assembled entering in 2004.
During their 15 years service, the IAF has lost 8 aircraft due to various reasons and during the same period the IAF SU-30 fleet has been grounded at least three times.
A. Problems with fuel pumps.
B: Issues with engine fan blades.
C: Ejection seat mechanism malfunction.
i: Results await the latest crash.
Now even some rookie in military aviation can conclude, which of the two aircraft has had a successful operational service and which is more inclined to be designated the hangar queen.

so u suggest that plane has strayed well across the border, got shot and fell within in our territory while pilots were caught in china.
but our people have found parachutes too na?
Kid I never said what you have mentioned above, It may be jet is returning from border side developed some serious problem so pilots decided to eject and due to opposite strong wind and high altitude they may be dragged close to China border and landed there and may be arrested or rescued by China.
My above observation is totally on assumption, I am not sure what exactly happens to the pilots.
Mt stance on India and Khalistan doesn't make me a person who makes fun of men in uniform since once I was in the same uniform. Soldiers don't hate soldiers ...always remember that.

A. Problems with fuel pumps.
B: Issues with engine fan blades.
C: Ejection seat mechanism malfunction.
i: Results await the latest crash.
Sir You forgot to mention faulty fly by wire and because of this once entire fleet was grounded, google it.

Sir You forgot to mention faulty fly by wire and because of this once entire fleet was grounded, google it.
I guess i missed out on that , so during 15 years of service the MKIs have been grounded at least four times and even now are only some 60% operational due to lack of spare parts and other issues.....so much for in house production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom