What's new

Sui-30MKI fighter jet goes missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid I never said what you have mentioned above, It may be jet is returning from border side developed some serious problem so pilots decided to eject and due to opposite strong wind and high altitude they may be dragged close to China border and landed there and may be arrested or rescued by China.
My above observation is totally on assumption, I am not sure what exactly happens to the pilots.
Mt stance on India and Khalistan doesn't make me a person who makes fun of men in uniform since once I was in the same uniform. Soldiers don't hate soldiers ...always remember that.

Sir You forgot to mention faulty fly by wire and because of this once entire fleet was grounded, google it.
Pilots parachutes are found on Indian side.
Even by your assumption the jet should have glided for more than 100 km before crashing.

Pilots parachutes are found on Indian side.
Even by your assumption the jet should have glided for more than 100 km before crashing.
Check this will gives you idea jet can fly longer distance even pilot ejected

Lol to your comprehension abilities and those acknowledging it, it's obvious you are oblivious to the basics of induction of military aviation.... i will make my reply brief and to the point.
1: PAF received it's initial batch of 40 F-16s over a four year period (1983-87)...even before the supply was completed these aircraft were fighting combat against Afghan/Soviet aircraft with first confirmed kill in May 1986.
By October 1994, PAF had lost 8 of it's aircraft, 2 were bird strikes, one hit a wild boar during take off and one was shot down by a stray missile during dogfight, so half of the 8 losses were unavoidable, no human error or maintenance issues. Now comes the real interesting period and a lesson for any wishful thinkers. During the period between 1994-2005, PAF didn't suffer a single mishap amongst it's F-16 fleet and in those 11 years, the 32 remaining F-16 clocked 100,000 incident free flight hours, a fact acknowledged by LM and P&W....KEEPING IN MIND, THIS WAS THE PERIOD OF KARGIL CONFLICT (1999) and the year long 2002 stand off between Pakistan and India.
http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article1468.html

Although there were sanctions but at no time the F-16 fleet was grounded (At least Five IAF Fulcrum pilots would testify that), the spares were obtained through various other sources, some CAP sorties were curtailed but never the F-16 fleet was grounded and you certainly ridicule yourself by such pathetic claims that PAF was cannibalizing it's F-16 fleet....whatever gave you this wild notion. @Oscar @Knuckles @MastanKhan .
The PAF F-16s have at least 10 confirmed kills to their name.

2: First SU-30s started arriving in India in 2002, with first locally assembled entering in 2004.
During their 15 years service, the IAF has lost 8 aircraft due to various reasons and during the same period the IAF SU-30 fleet has been grounded at least three times.
A. Problems with fuel pumps.
B: Issues with engine fan blades.
C: Ejection seat mechanism malfunction.
i: Results await the latest crash.
Now even some rookie in military aviation can conclude, which of the two aircraft has had a successful operational service and which is more inclined to be designated the hangar queen.

I can refute ALL your Points. But you dont deserve it.
For Starters , Let me bust your epic Lie kiddo....

spare-issues.png

Source : https://books.google.co.in/books?id=to7hS3Wlro4C&printsec=frontcover
Arms and Warfare: Escalation, De-escalation, and Negotiation
By Michael Brzoska, Frederic S. Pearson

Some harsh Realities as mentioned by @ptldM3 : ( This was 4 years ago )

https://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/Pakistan-Air-Force-Crumbling-Away-1-9-2013.asp

The Pakistan Air Force is losing nearly two percent of its 900 aircraft each year to accidents. This is more than ten times the rate of Western air forces. These losses are caused by aircraft that are too old and a budget that is too small to properly train pilots and maintain the aircraft. Most of Pakistan’s 520 fighters are over 20 years old. This includes 157 French made Mirage IIIs and 5s, 178 of 186 MiG-21s (the Chinese F-7 version), and 31 of 77 U.S. made F-16s. There have been some new aircraft put into service. Since 2000, Pakistan has received 46 F-16s and 100 Chinese made JF-17s (similar to the F-16). These planes are pretty safe. Older aircraft tend to crash more often.

Pakistan does not have enough money to buy enough new aircraft to replace all those becoming inoperable because of age. You can refurbish old aircraft and keep them flying for half a century or more. But Pakistan hasn’t got the money for that either. There’s also not enough cash for the spare parts and fuel needed for the training flights needed to keep the 3,000 Pakistani Air Force pilots capable of handling high-performance aircraft safely. In short, the Pakistani Air Force is facing a disaster. Each year more and more of their aircraft become inoperable and their pilots, unable to fly enough to maintain their skill, become less capable.

http://zeenews.india.com/india/sukh...ined-shoe-other-belongings-found-2010299.html

Tezpur has one of the three IAF air bases in the country that host the Sukhois.
IANS| Last Updated: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 09:38

Guwahati: Search and rescue teams on Tuesday found a blood stained shoe, half-burnt PAN card and a wallet of one of the two pilots of the IAF`s Sukhoi-30 fighter jet that crashed near the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border last week, officials said.

The teams comprising Indian Army, Indian Air Force and civil administration personnel had recovered the jet`s blackbox on May 28 from the crash site, located in a dense forest.

"Search operations are continuing despite bad weather conditions. However, there is still no trace of the two pilots," Indian Army sources said.

The wreckage of the fighter jet, which went missing on May 23, was found on May 26 through aerial recce, in a thick forest around 60 km from Tezpur city.

The Su-30 had taken off from the Tezpur air base, around 10.30 am on a routine training mission but lost radar and radio contact with the controlling station around 11.10 am near Arunachal Pradesh`s Doulasang area, adjoining China.

Tezpur has one of the three IAF air bases in the country that host the Sukhois.

I can refute ALL your Points. But you dont deserve it.
For Starters , Let me bust your epic Lie kiddo....

spare-issues.png

And you consider yourself a worthy character. LoL.....since you are too retarded to comprehend the subject, let me beat you with your own stick....forget what the above underlined article says about PAF, do you also agree what it claims on IAF.

Source : https://books.google.co.in/books?id=to7hS3Wlro4C&printsec=frontcover
Arms and Warfare: Escalation, De-escalation, and Negotiation
By Michael Brzoska, Frederic S. Pearson

Some harsh Realities as mentioned by @ptldM3 : ( This was 4 years ago )

https://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/Pakistan-Air-Force-Crumbling-Away-1-9-2013.asp

The Pakistan Air Force is losing nearly two percent of its 900 aircraft each year to accidents. This is more than ten times the rate of Western air forces. These losses are caused by aircraft that are too old and a budget that is too small to properly train pilots and maintain the aircraft. Most of Pakistan’s 520 fighters are over 20 years old. This includes 157 French made Mirage IIIs and 5s, 178 of 186 MiG-21s (the Chinese F-7 version), and 31 of 77 U.S. made F-16s. There have been some new aircraft put into service. Since 2000, Pakistan has received 46 F-16s and 100 Chinese made JF-17s (similar to the F-16). These planes are pretty safe. Older aircraft tend to crash more often.
The above article which you say is four years old is as credible as yourself.
So four years earlier PAF had 100 JF-17s yet four years later it's only got some 80 in it's inventory....in fact four years earlier, it most probably didn't even have half the number....also the supply of F-16s didn't resume until well after 2005.....next time do your homework before being a waste of space.

OK

Can You put J-10 Figures ? It is even worse as per Chinese Defence forums :p:
Can you? I don't have those figures and I have no intention to fabricate them. That being said, strangely, why are you so interested in comparing your twin-engine fighter jets with other countries' single-engine fighter jets?

1: PAF received it's initial batch of 40 F-16s over a four year period (1983-87)...even before the supply was completed these aircraft were fighting combat against Afghan/Soviet aircraft with first confirmed kill in May 1986.

Thanks you for just reaffirming my point that Pakistan had a small fleet of just 40 F-16 aircraft which took years to deliver and they lost 8 of them.

As for "combat missions" Pakistan shot down some utility helicopters and ground attack aircraft that strayed into Pakistan airspace, they are easy targets for any aircraft. Dont over exaggerate things or drift off topic.

By October 1994, PAF had lost 8 of it's aircraft, 2 were bird strikes, one hit a wild boar during take off and one was shot down by a stray missile during dogfight, so half of the 8 losses were unavoidable, no human error or maintenance issues.

Wrong, two crashes were due to pilot disorientation and 1 was caused by a pilot shooting down his own wingman. Which is definitely pilot error and not something well trained pilots would do. Two other crashes were due to engine failures, where in one case a wrong part was installed in the engine.

The F-16 that crashed in 2009 does not have a cause of crash, atleast not one I found.

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/mishaps-and-accidents/

Now comes the real interesting period and a lesson for any wishful thinkers. During the period between 1994-2005, PAF didn't suffer a single mishap amongst it's F-16 fleet and in those 11 years, the 32 remaining F-16 clocked 100,000 incident free flight hours,

I'm cringing right now. For 32 F-16 to fly those hours in 11 years they would have had to clock 285 hours annually. British pilots have flown as little as 60-120 hours annually. Pakistan has over 900 aircraft! Do the math. Not only that but Pakistan has a massive ground army and sizable navy. Sorry but with Pakistans budget and the embargo this is wishful thinking.

Moreover, the F-16 requires about 19.2 hours of maintenance per flight hour. 285 flight hours a month requires 5,472 hours of maintenance a month. That is more then 16 hours a day of maintenance. Tell me how Pakistan managed to perform 16+ hours a day while under embargo? Where did Pakistan get all the spare parts from? Why would you even fly that much if you were under embargo?

Although there were sanctions but at no time the F-16 fleet was grounded (At least Five IAF Fulcrum pilots would testify that), the spares were obtained through various other sources, some CAP sorties were curtailed but never the F-16 fleet was grounded and you certainly ridicule yourself by such pathetic claims that PAF was cannibalizing it's F-16 fleet....whatever gave you this wild notion. @Oscar @Knuckles @MastanKhan .
The PAF F-16s have at least 10 confirmed kills to their name.

Going by your numbers Pakistan was performing 16+ hours of maintenance on F-16s. That is a lot of spare parts. The figures are absolutely laughable but even if Pakistan flew those crazy hours which required that much maintenance its hard to imagine them not canabalizing some aircraft for parts. Even the US does this, nothing you are saying is even rational.

2: First SU-30s started arriving in India in 2002, with first locally assembled entering in 2004.
During their 15 years service, the IAF has lost 8 aircraft due to various reasons and during the same period the IAF SU-30 fleet has been grounded at least three times.
A. Problems with fuel pumps.
B: Issues with engine fan blades.
C: Ejection seat mechanism malfunction.
i: Results await the latest crash.

Firstly just because Pakistan may not have grounded their F-16s after a crash (not professional) does not mean other F-16 operators have not grounded their fleet of F-16s.

And what is your point? Do you even have one? Pakistani F-16s have crashed due to various reasons, pilot error, maintenance, etc so have hundreds of other F-16s. No need to keep screaming Pakistani F-16 have confirmed kills, this is just you getting frustrated and trying to change the subject. Pakistan shooting down cargo aircraft is not impressive nor does it have anything to do with flight hours.

If we used 285 flight hours (the same number you claim for Pakistani F-16s) for Indian MKI pilots, then that means in 2 years MKIs clocked 131,100 while Pakistan clocked 100,320 in 11 years!

Now even some rookie in military aviation can conclude, which of the two aircraft has had a successful operational service and which is more inclined to be designated the hangar queen.

A rookie can conclude that Pakistani F-16 have never clocked 285 hours annually while under embargo and with no money. A rookie can also conclude that MKIs have flown far more hours then Pakistani F-16.

Thanks you for just reaffirming my point that Pakistan had a small fleet of just 40 F-16 aircraft which took years to deliver and they lost 8 of them.
You either missed the point or you are being ignorant to the fact that even before the delivery was completed, these aircraft were involved in combat but the hard to digest fact is that after 1994 or rather in the last 23 years, PAF only lost one F-16. :agree:
As for "combat missions" Pakistan shot down some utility helicopters and ground attack aircraft that strayed into Pakistan airspace, they are easy targets for any aircraft. Dont over exaggerate things or drift off topic.
Obviously showing your true nature, you would deny any credit to PAF, so let me put your fires out with gasoline that all but one kill were either SU-22s and MiG-23s as well as one SU-25 flown by former Russian vice President.
However not a single helicopter was ever shot down but hey, so what if you are in oblivion.
Wrong, two crashes were due to pilot disorientation and 1 was caused by a pilot shooting down his own wingman. Which is definitely pilot error and not something well trained pilots would do. Two other crashes were due to engine failures, where in one case a wrong part was installed in the engine.
As i said you like to see the glass half empty, in the same list, it clearly states two aircraft lost to bird strikes and the son of the pilot shot down is a member on this forum who can confirm it was a stray missile.
The F-16 that crashed in 2009 does not have a cause of crash, atleast not one I found.

This crash happened much later than the subject crashes you are desperate to prove otherwise.

I'm cringing right now. For 32 F-16 to fly those hours in 11 years they would have had to clock 285 hours annually. British pilots have flown as little as 60-120 hours annually. Pakistan has over 900 aircraft! Do the math. Not only that but Pakistan has a massive ground army and sizable navy. Sorry but with Pakistans budget and the embargo this is wishful thinking.
The way Crow flies, you keep repeating the 900 figure without the comprehension that only half of those are combat aircraft.
Moreover, the F-16 requires about 19.2 hours of maintenance per flight hour. 285 flight hours a month requires 5,472 hours of maintenance a month. That is more then 16 hours a day of maintenance. Tell me how Pakistan managed to perform 16+ hours a day while under embargo? Where did Pakistan get all the spare parts from? Why would you even fly that much if you were under embargo?

In desperation to prove something, you are getting your figures in a muddle, i have highlighted the figure and i believe that should be 285 hours per year.

Going by your numbers Pakistan was performing 16+ hours of maintenance on F-16s. That is a lot of spare parts. The figures are absolutely laughable but even if Pakistan flew those crazy hours which required that much maintenance its hard to imagine them not canabalizing some aircraft for parts. Even the US does this, nothing you are saying is even rational.

Firstly just because Pakistan may not have grounded their F-16s after a crash (not professional) does not mean other F-16 operators have not grounded their fleet of F-16s.
All depends on the cause of the crash, you don't ground the fleet due to a bird strike or if an individual pilot has suffered disorientation.
And what is your point? Do you even have one? Pakistani F-16s have crashed due to various reasons, pilot error, maintenance, etc so have hundreds of other F-16s. No need to keep screaming Pakistani F-16 have confirmed kills, this is just you getting frustrated and trying to change the subject. Pakistan shooting down cargo aircraft is not impressive nor does it have anything to do with flight hours.

Actually it's you who is desperate to prove something from nothing, maybe if the culprit wasn't an SU-30, you wouldn't be so confused and running in circles.
If we used 285 flight hours (the same number you claim for Pakistani F-16s) for Indian MKI pilots, then that means in 2 years MKIs clocked 131,100 while Pakistan clocked 100,320 in 11 years!

A rookie can conclude that Pakistani F-16 have never clocked 285 hours annually while under embargo and with no money. A rookie can also conclude that MKIs have flown far more hours then Pakistani F-16.

I find the likes of Prat and Whitney or Lockheed Martin much more authentic and credible than some internet guy assuming, presuming and doing the guess work, you don't even know the types of aircraft the PAF has shot down in combat yet here you are trying to be some expert on the matter, we all know, how after the last exercise with the RAF, the IAF even went on national TV, with fake claims and stories, and if they could attain any milestone, it would make headline news, but i guess military aviation is just not Cricket.

Can you? I don't have those figures and I have no intention to fabricate them. That being said, strangely, why are you so interested in comparing your twin-engine fighter jets with other countries' single-engine fighter jets?

Then lets Compare it will Your Chinese Sukhoi Clones ? How many have been Crashed by PLAAF and PLA Navy ? If You guys have perfect record then why hide ?? If not then Why so interested in comparing your aircrafts with IAF when your government will not even acknowledge crash of jet in middle of a village or city .

The F-16 that shot down the other F-16 was in such a way that it shot a missile for MiG-23 and it just so happens that the other F-16 came into the trajectory of the missile. One-in-a-million chance, but thankfully the pilot (dad for me) ejected. And no, PAF F-16s encountered Soviet and Afghan Sukhois and MiGs near the western border and managed to claim 8 confirmed kills.

The F-16 that shot down the other F-16 was in such a way that it shot a missile for MiG-23 and it just so happens that the other F-16 came into the trajectory of the missile. One-in-a-million chance, but thankfully the pilot (dad for me) ejected. And no, PAF F-16s encountered Soviet and Afghan Sukhois and MiGs near the western border and managed to claim 8 confirmed kills.

All were ground attack aircraft and some transport aircraft. None was even armed for dogfighting. I'm not sure why Pakistan makes such a big a deal out of this. Russian fighters have also downed transport helicopters, reconnaissance aircraft, ect, no one brags about it. The only victories that count are against a foe that can fight back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom