What's new

Sui-30MKI fighter jet goes missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
All were ground attack aircraft and some transport aircraft. None was even armed for dogfighting. I'm not sure why Pakistan makes such a big a deal out of this. Russian fighters have also downed transport helicopters, reconnaissance aircraft, ect, no one brags about it. The only victories that count are against a foe that can fight back.
I am guessing then you will agree that a Pakistan naval aircraft was shot down by IAF fighters in 1999. Don't know why India makes a big deal out of this....

And you consider yourself a worthy character. LoL.....since you are too retarded to comprehend the subject, let me beat you with your own stick....forget what the above underlined article says about PAF, do you also agree what it claims on IAF.

The above article which you say is four years old is as credible as yourself.
So four years earlier PAF had 100 JF-17s yet four years later it's only got some 80 in it's inventory....in fact four years earlier, it most probably didn't even have half the number....also the supply of F-16s didn't resume until well after 2005.....next time do your homework before being a waste of space.

Of course I do. Its Not a secret that India was and is facing issues. Even with MKI !

You either missed the point or you are being ignorant to the fact that even before the delivery was completed, these aircraft were involved in combat but the hard to digest fact is that after 1994 or rather in the last 23 years, PAF only lost one F-16. :agree:

Obviously showing your true nature, you would deny any credit to PAF, so let me put your fires out with gasoline that all but one kill were either SU-22s and MiG-23s as well as one SU-25 flown by former Russian vice President.
However not a single helicopter was ever shot down but hey, so what if you are in oblivion.

As i said you like to see the glass half empty, in the same list, it clearly states two aircraft lost to bird strikes and the son of the pilot shot down is a member on this forum who can confirm it was a stray missile.

This crash happened much later than the subject crashes you are desperate to prove otherwise.

The way Crow flies, you keep repeating the 900 figure without the comprehension that only half of those are combat aircraft.

In desperation to prove something, you are getting your figures in a muddle, i have highlighted the figure and i believe that should be 285 hours per year.

All depends on the cause of the crash, you don't ground the fleet due to a bird strike or if an individual pilot has suffered disorientation.

Actually it's you who is desperate to prove something from nothing, maybe if the culprit wasn't an SU-30, you wouldn't be so confused and running in circles.

I find the likes of Prat and Whitney or Lockheed Martin much more authentic and credible than some internet guy assuming, presuming and doing the guess work, you don't even know the types of aircraft the PAF has shot down in combat yet here you are trying to be some expert on the matter, we all know, how after the last exercise with the RAF, the IAF even went on national TV, with fake claims and stories, and if they could attain any milestone, it would make headline news, but i guess military aviation is just not Cricket.
You either missed the point or you are being ignorant to the fact that even before the delivery was completed, these aircraft were involved in combat but the hard to digest fact is that after 1994 or rather in the last 23 years, PAF only lost one F-16. :agree:

Obviously showing your true nature, you would deny any credit to PAF, so let me put your fires out with gasoline that all but one kill were either SU-22s and MiG-23s as well as one SU-25 flown by former Russian vice President.
However not a single helicopter was ever shot down but hey, so what if you are in oblivion.

As i said you like to see the glass half empty, in the same list, it clearly states two aircraft lost to bird strikes and the son of the pilot shot down is a member on this forum who can confirm it was a stray missile.

This crash happened much later than the subject crashes you are desperate to prove otherwise.

The way Crow flies, you keep repeating the 900 figure without the comprehension that only half of those are combat aircraft.

In desperation to prove something, you are getting your figures in a muddle, i have highlighted the figure and i believe that should be 285 hours per year.

All depends on the cause of the crash, you don't ground the fleet due to a bird strike or if an individual pilot has suffered disorientation.

Actually it's you who is desperate to prove something from nothing, maybe if the culprit wasn't an SU-30, you wouldn't be so confused and running in circles.

I find the likes of Prat and Whitney or Lockheed Martin much more authentic and credible than some internet guy assuming, presuming and doing the guess work, you don't even know the types of aircraft the PAF has shot down in combat yet here you are trying to be some expert on the matter, we all know, how after the last exercise with the RAF, the IAF even went on national TV, with fake claims and stories, and if they could attain any milestone, it would make headline news, but i guess military aviation is just not Cricket.

You do realize that India Got Mirage 2000 to counter f16s. Do compare the losses of Mirages vs F16s ( best comparable air crafts, atleast in terms of maturity in technology and the time of induction in their respective a/f ) India has lost merely 3-4 aircrafts, Nearly HALF of what PAF lost with F16s !

So, have they found the wreckage and the pilots yet or this is going to be another mystery like that of Indian plane went missing in Bay of Bengal?

Then lets Compare it will Your Chinese Sukhoi Clones ? How many have been Crashed by PLAAF and PLA Navy ? If You guys have perfect record then why hide ?? If not then Why so interested in comparing your aircrafts with IAF when your government will not even acknowledge crash of jet in middle of a village or city .
I am not interested in comparing Chinese war planes with Indians since I don't have reliable data for Chinese planes. It is YOU who brought up the Chinese war plane. I was only comparing Indian war planes with Pakistani jet, which, is a single-engine jet and again, was brought up by another Indian.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...issing-iaf-pilots-parents/article18662680.ece

Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday consoled the parents of Achuth Dev, one of the two Indian Air Force (IAF) pilots who went missing after a fighter jet crashed near the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border a week ago.

Despite a massive search being launched, Squadron leader Devesh Pankaj and flight lieutenant Achuth Dev were yet to be located. From the time they heard the news, Mr. Dev’s parents V.P. Sahadevan and Jayasree were at the Tezpur air force station, around 60 kilometres from where the wreckage of the aircraft, a Sukhoi-30 fighter jet, was found.

A native of Pantheerankavu in Kozhikode, Sahadevan had settled in Thiruvananthapuram since his employment at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre. Mr. Vijayan assured the family of all possible support including getting in touch with the Centre to intensify the ongoing search operation.

Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has urged Union Defence Minister Arun Jaitley to provide all necessary assistance to the parents of Mr. Dev.

According to an official release, Mr. Vijayan sent an e-mail message requesting Mr. Jaitley to keep the pilot’s family informed of the developments of the ongoing search efforts.

Leader of Opposition Ramesh Chennithala also contacted Mr. Dev’s family.

The pilots of the Sukhoi-30 fighter jet that crashed near the Assam-Arunachal border could not initiate ejection before the crash and sustained fatal injuries, according to an analysis of the flight data recorder issued by the Indian Air Force on Wednesday.

A Court of Inquiry has already been ordered to investigate the cause of the accident.

The Su-30 MKI aircraft of the Indian Air Force that took off around 10.30am on May 23 from the Tezpur air base went off the radar and lost radio contact around 11.10am near Arunachal Pradesh’s Doulasang area.

The wreckage of the aircraft was located on May 26, after a search operation. But there was no trace of squadron leader Devesh Pankaj and flight lieutenant Achuth Dev who were flying the Russian-made Su-30.

The fighter jet was on a routine training mission as part of a two aircraft formation.

Analysis of the flight data recorder of the aircraft and certain other articles recovered from the crash site revealed that the pilots could not initiate ejection before the crash.

Search teams comprising personnel from the Indian Army, Indian Air Force and civil administration recovered the jet’s black box on May 28 from the crash site.

The search teams on Monday found a blood-stained shoe, a half-burnt PAN card and a wallet at the crash site located in a dense forest.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...njuries-iaf/story-LKap7kXJ06RYVC01tThzNL.html

@Windjammer @DESERT FIGHTER

Does this make any sense? On one hand they are saying both pilots couldn't initiate ejection before crash and then this news also says there was no trace of both pilots at crash site.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/614683/sukhoi-jet-crash-2-pilots.html
Press Trust of India, New Delhi, May 31 2017, 21:24 IST
The two pilots of the Sukhoi jet that had crashed after taking off from Tezpur in Assam suffered fatal injuries, the Indian Air Force today said five days after the wreckage of the plane was found.

Squadron Leader D Pankaj and Flight Lt S Achudev could not initiate ejection before the crash that occurred 60 kms from Tezpur Airbase on May 23, the IAF said.

The wreckage of the Sukhoi-30 MKI jet was found on May 26 in a dense forest area in Arunachal Pradesh after a three- day search operation.

"Analysis of the flight data recorder (black box) of the aircraft and certain other articles recovered from the crash site revealed that the pilots could not initiate ejection before the crash," IAF Spokesperson Anupam Banerjee said.

The plane had taken off from Tezpur airbase at around 10:30 am on May 23 and had gone off the radar around 11:10 am. It was on a routine training mission as part of a two-aircraft formation.

The wreckage of the jet was spotted from air on Friday, and search teams could reach the crash site only on Sunday due to inclement weather after which the black box was recovered.

The IAF has ordered a court of inquiry to investigate the cause of the accident, according to Wing Commander Banerjee. The first batch of the Russia-made fighter jet was inducted by the IAF in the late 1990s.

A frontline fighter jet, SU-30 MKI aircraft were deployed in the Tezpur airbase on June 15, 2009 for guarding the Sino- India frontier in Arunachal Pradesh. At present, two squadrons comprising around 36 aircraft are deployed at Tezpur.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...njuries-iaf/story-LKap7kXJ06RYVC01tThzNL.html

@Windjammer @DESERT FIGHTER

Does this make any sense? On one hand they are saying both pilots couldn't initiate ejection before crash and then this news also says there was no trace of both pilots at crash site.
I guess they are just assuming on the possibilities. Since there was no mayday call or subsequent SOS signal so it only means that either the jet flew into the terrain or it became paralyzed in a manner that no systems functioned.
But yes finding no trace of the pilots is indeed very strange.

RIP. They must have tried to save the plane or the incident was so sudden that they didnt had time to eject.
May be fly by wire system failed and before pilot could do anything plane crashed and bodies might be dragged away by animals.

Of course I do. Its Not a secret that India was and is facing issues. Even with MKI !

You do realize that India Got Mirage 2000 to counter f16s. Do compare the losses of Mirages vs F16s ( best comparable air crafts, atleast in terms of maturity in technology and the time of induction in their respective a/f ) India has lost merely 3-4 aircrafts, Nearly HALF of what PAF lost with F16s !
https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/dblist2.php
IAF has lost 6 Mirage 2000s

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/dblist2.php
IAF has lost 8 Su-30MKIs

It's certainly weird, that they couldn't initiate ejection and yet their bodies weren't found...

Could it be that the bodies were consumed by animals ?

Even if bodies were consumed. There should be some trace. Bones, blood, flesh anything.

problem isn't Su-30 but the MKI

the low level of indian standards has meant Make In India will end up loosing you 5 to 10% of your fleet.

India should stick well away from making any jets/flying coffins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom