What's new

Sui-30MKI fighter jet goes missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jet went missing after 60kms from tezpur base, which is in assam and well within indian territory..the LoAC is very far from tezpur so people should just stop thinking about a sam shot down.

But they have satellite sir :undecided:

I think Indian Military High command should scan the area , may be enemies equipment be found there which is being used to track Indian Airforce planes and Indian Army movement and increase deployed by Indian Army and more drones/armed drones and place some more frequency jammers.

They are not USAF, at your suggested crash rate, they will be out of planes within twenty years.

if the current crash rate is less than 1 a year in 20 years it'll be 10 to 15 Su-30MKI crashes. so how would they run out of planes?? they are buying more Su-30MKI they are buying dozens of Rafale. so I don't know how you came to this conclusion?

I'd more interested in the Su-30MKI availability think it's like 70% now but a few year ago it was in the low 60%

what do you mean it's always crashing?? you make it seem like this only happens to the IAF and Su-30MKI. this is will be the 8th crash since Su-30MKI introduction in 2002/3 that's what less than 1 bird a year.

if two,three, or more are crashing every year I'd be worried.

That's right but just 2 months back they crashed the same plane. So its 2nd Su-30 crash in 2017 as of now.

That's right but just 2 months back they crashed the same plane. So its 2nd Su-30 crash in 2017 as of now.

if they keep crashing and it's happens again in 2018 (two or more losses) then that's a pattern. right now too early to say IMHO.

if the current crash rate is less than 1 a year in 20 years it'll be 10 to 15 Su-30MKI crashes. so how would they run out of planes?? they are buying more Su-30MKI they are buying dozens of Rafale. so I don't know how you came to this conclusion?

I'd more interested in the Su-30MKI availability think it's like 70% now but a few year ago it was in the low 60%

MKI has less than 55% availability so far.

if they keep crashing and it's happens again in 2018 (two or more losses) then that's a pattern. right now too early to say IMHO.

9 crashes in 15 years is just not acceptable.

It is not fair to indulge in speculations but there are worries around the MKI as a platform. Something wrong somewhere. It is a relatively new weapon system with just 15 or so years under its belt in the IAF. A twin engine fighter should boast a better record than what the MKI has shown so far. Perhaps maintenance, or assembling/ manufacturing issues? Either way, the crash rate for a relatively new twin engine aircraft is just not acceptable.

It is not fair to indulge in speculations but there are worries around the MKI as a platform. Something wrong somewhere. It is a relatively new weapon system with just 15 or so years under its belt in the IAF. A twin engine fighter should boast a better record than what the MKI has shown so far. Perhaps maintenance, or assembling/ manufacturing issues? Either way, the crash rate for a relatively new twin engine aircraft is just not acceptable.

7 Crashes in 20 years service , We had Su-30MK variants too which were introduced in 1997 and Serviceability in 2017 is up to 68% Now , Aim is 75%

Yes sir kindly tell us the numbers of modern jets
Mushshaks are not included in the 21 figure, only fighter jets are.
lost by PAF and IAF in that analysis of yours where you claimed and Compared CRASH HISTORY of IAF and PAF. only one JFT Crashed from that number.
PAF Mirages and older F7 crashes is nothing to be worried about. They are obsolete dead boats that are already being replaced by JFTs as i am typing. And most crashes are all Mirages here.
And neither do anyone talk about Jaguars Mig27 or Mig21 crashes of Indian Air force. They are also obsolete Junk as our Mirages.
But if MKI or Mig29UB Crashes that is something to worry about mate.
Dont cloak that fact being aviation enthusiast first.
Suprisingly india have high rate of crash for Russian made planes and more specifically Indian Assembled Russian Planes.
While Mirage2000 are doing fine in the same airforce.
Thats the point every indian on PDF Deliberately Like to ignorebecuase that will cause a Question mark on Much touted MKI and 29Baaz.

I don't think it's acceptable either, but you said if keeps up they won't have any planes in 20 years.

Su-30MKI is very easily replaceable the pilots are worth more than the bird.

7 Crashes in 20 years service , We had Su-30MK variants too which were introduced in 1997 and Serviceability in 2017 is up to 68% Now , Aim is 75%

Those were su-30ks, not mks.

The MK is what you are using right now, which is optimized for IAF, hence the addition of "I". And the serviceability is less than 55% by 2017. Show a proof that it has gone up otherwise.

It's 8 not 9
And the serviceability is around 65-70%

Yes sir kindly tell us the numbers of modern jets

lost by PAF and IAF in that analysis of yours where you claimed and Compared CRASH HISTORY of IAF and PAF. only one JFT Crashed from that number.
PAF Mirages and older F7 crashes is nothing to be worried about. They are obsolete dead boats that are already being replaced by JFTs as i am typing. And most crashes are all Mirages here.
And neither do anyone talk about Jaguars Mig27 or Mig21 crashes of Indian Air force. They are also obsolete Junk as our Mirages.
But if MKI or Mig29UB Crashes that is something to worry about mate.
Dont cloak that fact being aviation enthusiast first.
Suprisingly india have high rate of crash for Russian made planes and more specifically Indian Assembled Russian Planes.
While Mirage2000 are doing fine in the same airforce.
Thats the point every indian on PDF Deliberately Like to ignorebecuase that will cause a Question mark on Much touted MKI and 29Baaz.
As of now 2 jf 17s have created
Get your numbers right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom