What's new

Sui-30MKI fighter jet goes missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please provide reasons for ruling this out?

Shooting down a military aircraft on a routine training flight without any weapons or surveillance equipment on board is unnecessary and amounts to an act of provocation, if not an act of war. If the aircraft did cross the boundary, the Chinese can just intercept it and force it to land.

Shooting down a military aircraft on a routine training flight without any weapons or surveillance equipment on board is unnecessary and amounts to an act of provocation, if not an act of war. If the aircraft did cross the boundary, the Chinese can just intercept it and force it to land.
In case of an airspace violation and intruding aircraft not responding to interceptors instructions can easily result in a shoot down.

Whether the missing MKI carried weapons?

In case of an airspace violation and intruding aircraft not responding to interceptors instructions can easily result in a shoot down.

In that case, China would have gone public with it already and produced the tapes from the incident to validate their claim. Keeping mum about it when they followed protocol would just serve to undermine their own legitimacy.

Whether the missing MKI carried weapons?

On a training flight, its unlikely the aircraft was carrying weapons and even if it was, they wouldn't be armed. Thus the Chinese would not consider it a provocation unless the aircraft engaged in hostile maneuvers. Which again, would be unlikely for a single aircraft.

Thoughts and prayers with the pilots. I think India should contact China for possibility of locating the aircraft.

The thread has become a troll fest.

I am not debate with anyone.
All i did is just to express my opinion about the reason of missing.

This is defense forum not bollywood gossiping section and here its more about issues related to national security.

Su30MKI goes missing in South Tibet.

You mean the region of dispute between Republic of India and China because of which already 20 border talks rounds have been held and time to time Indian Military and Chinese Military meet.

India-China border dispute covers the 3,488 km-long Line of Actual Control (LAC).

any word on it ? seems like both pilots are most likely dead - had they survived the crash, they could had reached the nearest check point by now. RIP. Hard moments for their families.

what is wrong with the IAF su30 MKI it keeps on crushing always
and this pilot are the top gun of the IAF well its a great loss for the IAF
condolences to the family

what is wrong with the IAF su30 MKI it keeps on crushing always
and this pilot are the top gun of the IAF well its a great loss for the IAF
condolences to the family
what do you mean it's always crashing?? you make it seem like this only happens to the IAF and Su-30MKI. this is will be the 8th crash since Su-30MKI introduction in 2002/3 that's what less than 1 bird a year.

if two,three, or more are crashing every year I'd be worried.

what do you mean it's always crashing?? you make it seem like this only happens to the IAF and Su-30MKI. this is will be the 8th crash since Su-30MKI introduction in 2002/3 that's what less than 1 bird a year.

They are not USAF, at your suggested crash rate, they will be out of planes within twenty years.

So what was the reason of shooting down PN Atlantic aircraft which was without weapons on routine patrol in pak territory near border that was act of humanity or act of craziness by indians. now its their turn to face the fate force onto them by Chinese counterpart

Chinese will never told them that they have shoot down their aircraft,they even force state of art American aircraft for force landing in near past, so fire on indian aircraft is much less thing for them at current mind set.

Fighter planes crashing near borders are having different meaning and here it has more to do with EW and energy jammers which are being deployed in Tibet and those EW Systems/energy jammers can be taken down if there are atleast 6 to 8 fighter planes formation along with Airborne Early Warning and Control System (AEWACS) by Indian Air Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom