What's new

Suggestions for new moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarr seriously.. many people will not be happy.. I get a lot of criticism on becoming a TTA, can't handle more..
How bad are things? Do you need a hankerchief or a towel?

On a serious note, heard the story of the father, the son and the donkey? Bottom line, people will never be happy.

I nominate you.

What?

I'm a member too...

This post is serious. I seriously think you would be a good addition. Those who agree with me please thank this post so we can convince ourselves a new mod :D blackmail away.
And I suggest you and @DESERT FIGHTER as well

noon baboon? :p

Sir, PDF calls. Please, answer with a yes or a yes. Thank you.
Yarr seriously.. many people will not be happy.. I get a lot of criticism on becoming a TTA, can't handle more..

I nominate you.

What?

I'm a member too...

This post is serious. I seriously think you would be a good addition. Those who agree with me please thank this post so we can convince ourselves a new mod :D blackmail away.

Sir, PDF calls. Please, answer with a yes or a yes. Thank you.

Yes moonlight is great choice. Very affable lady, and she is very personable and balanced. Just matter of if she wants to + has time for it etc.

I made another thread aimed at *cough*blackmailing*cough* (into my face mask because we're responsible) convincing my nominations to take up the mantle. Please, review there. It's here in the member's area. Thanks.
Yes moonlight is great choice. Very affable lady, and she is very personable and balanced. Just matter of if she wants to + has time for it etc.

Thanks for the support but I'm not sure if I can manage technology wise. I do have the time on my hands now that I'm retired
thank you, Nilgiri. I am confused for the fact, I don’t visit pdf, oftenly. But let see...

@PakSword & @Zibago are good choices, Webby.

@Areesh @DESERT FIGHTER

zarvan for real? He will ban me immediately because women should only cook

@WebMaster @Horus I can see that you guys are reshuffling the moderation team and that largely may be attributed to reasons only known to the admin, but some common members like myself do have some cognisance of the rudimentary causes behind this drive. I have seen a few names pop up as they are being endorsed by the members based on their personal views and likely so I too would like to share my two cents which have been well nurtured by what I have absorbed and experienced on this forum over the years. Here are my set of proposed qualities that should be well suited to a balanced moderator.

Pakistani at heart:
Pakistan should be the only priority (Those who value KSA, Iran, China, West and particularly USA over Pakistan are undeserving). The forum is called Pakistan defence and lucky for us, this is a rarity that there is a platform where Pakistani's can express themselves without having to worry about being muted for not being too Indian, WOKE, Feminist, Islamophobic and the list goes on. Yeah!!!!!!!!! This isn't Dawn, Tribune, Facebook or Twitter where Pakistani voices can be squelched in support of foreign interests.

Religion:
Islam is Pakistan's identity. I am not saying that have Muslim moderators only, but ensure that expressions like 'Atheism is the answer, Islam has brought us nothing, we should shun our religion in support of western secularism etc etc' don't get to collide with the religious sentiments on the forum. Meaning don't have mods that are too open in their hatred of religions.

Positive Attitude:
Cordial interactions with mods for common users are a big attitude booster, therefore I gotta advise that please avoid those who are known for getting personal over trivial arguments and have to threaten members with negative ratings and bans. Bans and warnings should be used as last resort, goes without saying but people can be won over with a little respect.

Flexibility:
Mods should be open to diverging opinions and not like "May mod houn mughay ziada pata hay" or "Don't say things that I personally disagree with----Yeh loo warning or ban as I am the chaudry or chaudrani around here" :mod:. Members should be free to express their political affiliations and not have to face consequences for not praising certain generals and politicians ( Just take your pick ).

Considerate:
Have mods who are well aware of Pakistan's social sensitivities and hold nationalistic sentiments in high regard. Those who vouch support for Mera Jism Meri Marzi or Let PTM thrive are ill suited for this task as they are bound to have friction with other members. (I hope I wasn't too direct here as I am trying real hard to not name any)

Unbiased:
A mod shouldn't have any favourites amongst members and should treat everyone equally. Usually what happens is when certain members report or complain they get swift response from certain mods while sometimes complaints of serious nature get ignored. Also there is a strong bias in allotment of ratings and what you see are a selected few being honoured left and right. There are many other instances of favouritism, but I'll leave it at that

Disclaimer: I haven't used any names so please don't get any ideas, if you fit the profile then I cant help it ;).

Lastly, here are my nominations:

@Psychic Sensible and well versed on diverse topics.
@Mentee @El Sidd These two guys are funny and friendly.
@Mugwop Doesn't reside in Pakistan but a true one at heart.

Last edited:
@WebMaster @Horus I can see that you guys are reshuffling the moderation team and that largely may be attributed to reasons only known to the admin, but some common members like myself do have some cognisance of the rudimentary causes behind this drive. I have seen a few names pop up as they are being endorsed by the members based on their personal views and likely so I too would like to share my two cents which have been well nurtured by what I have absorbed and experienced on this forum over the years. Here are my set of proposed qualities that should be well suited to a balanced moderator.

Pakistani at heart:
Pakistan should be the only priority (Those who value KSA, Iran, China, West and particularly USA over Pakistan are undeserving). The forum is called Pakistan defence and lucky for us, this is a rarity that there is a platform where Pakistani's can express themselves without having to worry about being muted for not being too Indian, WOKE, Feminist, Islamophobic and the list goes on. Yeah!!!!!!!!! This isn't Dawn, Tribune, Facebook or Twitter where Pakistani voices can be squelched in support of foreign interests.

Religion:
Islam is Pakistan's identity. I am not saying that have Muslim moderators only, but ensure that expressions like 'Atheism is the answer, Islam has brought us nothing, we should shun our religion in support of western secularism etc etc' don't get to collide with the religious sentiments on the forum. Meaning don't have mods that are too open in their hatred of religions.

Positive Attitude:
Cordial interactions with mods for common users are a big attitude booster, therefore I gotta advise that please avoid those who are known for getting personal over trivial arguments and have to threaten members with negative ratings and bans. Bans and warnings should be used as last resort, goes without saying but people can be won over with a little respect.

Flexibility:
Mods should be open to diverging opinions and not like "May mod houn mughay ziada pata hay" or "Don't say things that I personally disagree with----Yeh loo warning or ban as I am the chaudry or chaudrani around here" :mod:

Unbiased:
A mod shouldn't have any favourites amongst members and should treat everyone equally. Usually what happens is when certain members report or complain they get swift response from certain mods while sometimes complaints of serious nature get ignored. Also there is a strong bias in allotment of ratings and what you see are a selected few being honoured with left and right. There are many other instances of favouritism, but I'll leave it at that

Disclaimer: I haven't used any names so please don't get any ideas, if you fit the profile then I cant help it ;).

Lastly, here are my nominations:

@Psychic Sensible and well versed on diverse topics.
@Mentee @El Sidd These two guys are funny and friendly.
@Mugwop Doesn't reside in Pakistan but a true one at heart.

Are Moderators allowed to Troll?

Thanks but I have a hard time controlling my language once I an pissed off :D

Yeah while you're at it can you please kick the butt of TheEagle aka little bully from Mods team?
He got some beef with me as he banned me for 2 months straight. One ban after one due to some lame reasons. Kindly kick his butt. I already posted in General HQs about him with proofs.
Waisey tujhay perma ban karna chahiye

@WebMaster

Having filtered out those that have indicated they dont want this task + ones I know have existing IRL time/energy concerns etc already (or have gone inactive).....here are some candidates you could look into (IMO) that have good balanced temperament and it wont be awkward for existing active mods to best of my knowledge (given they have had run-ins/issues with some being suggested in the thread):

Pakistanis:

@Signalian @That Guy @Quwa @ghazi52 @Mentee @Zibago @Gryphon @Cookie Monster @Vapnope @farhan_9909 @Moonlight @fatman17 @RescueRanger

@LeGenD (if he returns)

Non-Pakistanis:

@KAL-EL @dbc @xenon54 @Vergennes @Indos @cabatli_53 (can make global mod) @Deino (can make global mod)

Of course all dependent on whether they want and have time for it etc.

I have definitely missed some respected balanced members and friends, sorry to them in advance.

Thank you brother @Nilgiri

thank you, Nilgiri. I am confused for the fact, I don’t visit pdf, oftenly. But let see...

@Areesh @DESERT FIGHTER

Do you really think I can be non biased when it comes to baboon league and others* :D

@WebMaster

Having filtered out those that have indicated they dont want this task + ones I know have existing IRL time/energy concerns etc already (or have gone inactive).....here are some candidates you could look into (IMO) that have good balanced temperament and it wont be awkward for existing active mods to best of my knowledge (given they have had run-ins/issues with some being suggested in the thread):

Pakistanis:

@Signalian @That Guy @Quwa @ghazi52 @Mentee @Zibago @Gryphon @Cookie Monster @Vapnope @farhan_9909 @Moonlight @fatman17 @RescueRanger

@LeGenD (if he returns)

Non-Pakistanis:

@KAL-EL @dbc @xenon54 @Vergennes @Indos @cabatli_53 (can make global mod) @Deino (can make global mod)

Of course all dependent on whether they want and have time for it etc.

I have definitely missed some respected balanced members and friends, sorry to them in advance.
Ah tanks but being a mod means more filters :D

@Areesh @DESERT FIGHTER

So who should cook :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom