What's new

Suggestions for Indian Military!

Möbius Curve

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The purpose of this post is to provide suggestions to Indian Military on how it can counter Pakistan, and what should it do, and to highlight issues/problems with the Indian Military. Other than that, I have seen a lot of amateurish discussions and I do not want to get engaged in that useless crappy debates.

One more thing, Fighting Spirit: While Sikh Regiment, Gorkha Regiment, and Residents of Rohtak are known for fighting spirit, the other regiments such as Kumaon Regiment, Assam Regiment, Rajput Regiment etc, etc, I know nothing about them specifically. So lets move to core discussion:

1. Removal of Corruption/Corrupt Practices: The First priority of Indian Military should be the complete removal of corruption from its ranks, unless and until it prevails, Indian exchequer will be drained recklessly and the moral of Indian Armed forces will be very low, hence fighting Spirit.

2. Modernization of Indian Armed Forces: Urgently needed, on priority basis! Since Pakistan took a lead in Snipers Race, developed their own manuals and trained dedicated sniper-men, it gave Pakistanis a natural leverage, and to Indians an headache! Just look at the crappy INSAS rifles of Indian military compared to H&K G3 armed Pakistani military, and so other inferior stuff!

3. Rising the Standard of living of Indian Military men: Armies never march on Empty Stomach, and as long as Indian Military Service will remain unattractive in Financial Terms (Because in the end everything boils down to Finance!), capable men will not give priority to Indian Military. On the other hand, majority of youngsters are aspirant for Pakistani Military, and as a result of severe competition, Pakistani Military get best of the best!

These three are perhaps the main causes I have identified with Indian Military, as despite having too much Budget spent on Defence, the Indian Military remains lame as ever. No doubt, burgeoning Bureaucracy, Feudals & Landlords was the parting gift to both India & Pakistan by Britishers, so even after Independence, both India & Pakistan are run & manned by those Feudal Families, landlords and the "all-in-all" bureaucracy!

Please feel free to comment!!!

@God Parshuram @kris @Chhatrapati

Leave it to army...
They are better than armchair generals

The purpose of this post is to provide suggestions to Indian Military on how it can counter Pakistan, and what should it do, and to highlight issues/problems with the Indian Military. Other than that, I have seen a lot of amateurish discussions and I do not want to get engaged in that useless crappy debates.

One more thing, Fighting Spirit: While Sikh Regiment, Gorkha Regiment, and Residents of Rohtak are known for fighting spirit, the other regiments such as Kumaon Regiment, Assam Regiment, Rajput Regiment etc, etc, I know nothing about them specifically. So lets move to core discussion:

1. Removal of Corruption/Corrupt Practices: The First priority of Indian Military should be the complete removal of corruption from its ranks, unless and until it prevails, Indian exchequer will be drained recklessly and the moral of Indian Armed forces will be very low, hence fighting Spirit.
The moral and spirit of IA is fine and as high as ever. You are not in any winning side diplomatically or militarily. Since you know nothing about any of the regiments. I guess these are what you perceive is happening based on the home grown propaganda.

2. Modernization of Indian Armed Forces: Urgently needed, on priority basis! Since Pakistan took a lead in Snipers Race, developed their own manuals and trained dedicated sniper-men, it gave Pakistanis a natural leverage, and to Indians an headache! Just look at the crappy INSAS rifles of Indian military compared to H&K G3 armed Pakistani military, and so other inferior stuff!
IA is already switching to AK-103's.

3. Rising the Standard of living of Indian Military men: Armies never march on Empty Stomach, and as long as Indian Military Service will remain unattractive in Financial Terms (Because in the end everything boils down to Finance!), capable men will not give priority to Indian Military. On the other hand, majority of youngsters are aspirant for Pakistani Military, and as a result of severe competition, Pakistani Military get best of the best!
Not that I give much credit to salaries and food service. It doesn't matter much when your life is on the line. But since you said it, I'll answer.

Army don't guarantee 5 star food service. Sometimes it is overcooked or incorrect amount of spices. The fact is, Army is a high paying job for NCO's or for sepoy's and up. They easily make around Rs. 3 Lakh per annum. In addition to the canteen facilities they can avail which is duty free. Please free feel to google it. I think you need to do that instead of making assumptions. Compare what a PA Lt Gen makes in comparison to what our Major makes. You'll be surprised.

Army don't guarantee 5 star food service. Sometimes it is overcooked or incorrect amount of spices. The fact is, Army is a high paying job for NCO's or for sepoy's and up. They easily make around Rs. 3 Lakh per annum. In addition to the canteen facilities they can avail which is duty free. Please free feel to google it. I think you need to do that instead of making assumptions. Compare what a PA Lt Gen makes in comparison to what our Major makes. You'll be surprised.

A basic solider salary is around Rs. 30,000 per month or 3.6 lakh per annum.

This is equivalent to around Rs. 60,000 pakistani rupee per month.

Back
Top Bottom