What's new

Suggested Changes for defence.pk

If someone after 50 Neg-Ratings stops getting more, then after a year the record should be clean, my opinion.
Yes....I want Zero record after year end.........not carry forward (like today) ......when year end go & Celebrate or troll to Fun

Top button (Menu Bar of Website) where you go - Adjust your Signatures & other tools...........here i want records of Threads OPENED BY ME.......operated by me

Glad to have a fresh professional in PDF specials. Tell us about yourself
Same here Sir, Glad to see you :)

Before hitting rating button, kindly read criteria for rating members.
Already read the Criteria Sir, That's why i was suggesting to have a Help Button for defence.pk. So that all the topics regarding any kind of help could be easily found by the new recruits. :)

OPENED BY ME.......operated by me
Yes the one who opened the thread should have the power to ban members from the specific thread to maintain the discipline. It's a Great idea.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone. I just started this thread to suggest some of the changes in pdf. Members opinion will be appreciated. I would like you people to mention the admins so that they should work on it if at all they find it fruitful for the website. Here are some suggestions from my side.
Members should be able to:
1. Know how many posts remaining to achieve the Next Rank
2. To see the number of threads they have created
3. To know the number of posts they have created
4. To see the list of people following them (Not just one Alert i mean)
5. Should be able to change their nick without requesting the admins
6. To change flags as it's not necessary that a person who registered in 2006 is staying at the same place in 2014.

1. We don't have a personalized system where each member can see the post numbers required to achieve the next rank. Though the rank numbers can be found here:

PDF Ranks

2. You can't see the number, but you can trace every thread your created if go to your profile, postings tab, scroll down to the 'Find all threads created by...'.

3. The amount of posts/messages are available for all to see right here, to the left of every post, under where the name is written. Alternatively youcan again go on your profile, and the column to the left will tell you the amount of messsages as well as a number of things such as neutral, positive, and negative ratings, trophies, join dates and last active date.

4. Again, this can be seen if you go to your profile, or a profile of any member, and scroll down as you watch the left hand column to the followers tab, it gives you a number there too, that is the total number of followers, if you then click on it, you may see your entire list of followers.

5. I have to disagree with this one matey. I don't think members should be allowed to change their nickname en masse. It would seriously mess with the system too, make moderation harder. Besides, most members have built a reputation with their name and an identity, they can still change if they wish, but only through due process.

6. That's only fair. this was available at one time, but this was locked for reasons unknown to me, but I trust admins must have their reasons for this, possible false flag problem.

Followers should be able to
1. Watch the activity who is being followed in alerts

I've heard from people who say we have too many alerts here as it is, and it's true. w have plenty of alerts to keep us busy.I think if I had alerts for followers,I';d have 100+ alerts every time log in. most of which I would not want to read.

You'd regret this change trust me. :-)

HELP BUTTON
I would suggest that their should be a help button to make pdf user friendly for new members, which should include the following information.
1. What happens if you Follow someone
2. What exactly happens if you ignore someone
3. How to create thread
4. Information about positive & Negative Ratings and other necessary details for new members. Members please discuss.
@WebMaster @Aeronaut @Secur @Oscar @Manticore @Icarus @Fulcrum15 @Xeric @Luftwaffe @Last Hope @Akheilos @Chak Bamu @Kaan @Jungibaaz @Panther 57 @A.Rafay @Slav Defence

Well, we do have an entire section dedicated to this.

Announcements

Forum Book

It's only a matter of reading through what's here, pretty much everything one needs to know is here, fi content is missing and it's minor, it can be inputted or you can simply ask one of the management or any member.

You should give a reason in the next reply so that who gave you the Negative Rating, He should re-consider it, if you are logical.
lolzz 194 posts and already a so called "professional" and your telling me about logik ... achha hai :D

Well the change most desired by me is for the Mods to actually start banning some of the newbies who are constantly spreading hate , they are nothing but bigots , one for instance has already got 7 negative ratings in just 30 posts. by the way they are both Indian .
I propose more and more indigenous articles from members (especially rank holders), articles that are based upon rational analysis on recent events or history (even if it is on rape, caste apartheid or religion apart from defence related topics).

Also making a forum discussion sane is a collective responsibility.Few more moderators or TTAs can do little if general members do not behave properly and stop insulting other's religion and country for no reason. Unfortunately, a number of new Indian members have joined who know nothing but hating others. I also propose immediate ban if some members gather a certain number of negative ratings in quick succession.
If I had positive rating for honesty I would have given these 2... :tup:

Don't be jealous bro. I am a calm person. Won't get pissed off so easily. :)
well bro im a calm person myself and why on earth should i be bothered weather or not you get "pissed off easily":azn:

all i want is to beacome a mods

You are lucky people at least bother to give you rarings-
Look at me- not even a single +ve or -ve ratings received-
Its like saying not a single fcuk was given to my posts- :suicide2:
oay tu buch kaysay giyea :angry:

You are lucky people at least bother to give you rarings-
Look at me- not even a single +ve or -ve ratings received-
Its like saying not a single fcuk was given to my posts- :suicide2:
in that case rajpak rocks with 40 negative ratings. ..

Well the change most desired by me is for the Mods to actually start banning some of the newbies who are constantly spreading hate , they are nothing but bigots , one for instance has already got 7 negative ratings in just 30 posts. by the way they are both Indian .
I engaged with some one in a thread... that member claimed Those terrorists are in jihad and they are freedom fighters. .. I stick to my stance ... claimed as they are terrorists. . For that I got 8 Negative ratings. . as well plenty Pakistani members calling our PM as terrorists etc almost in all threads... still not even single negative rating given by Indian members. .. mods didn't take any action... such a biased standards. .

n u believe that:D
You can be a Moderator depending upon your behaviour as it is not a decision of one member. Just try to be cool and calm. And reply with logics rather than indulging in bad arguments. :)

I engaged with some one... that member claimed Those terrorists are in jihad and they are freedom fighters. .. I stick to my stance ... they are terrorists. . For that I got 8 Negative ratings. . as well plenty Pakistani members calling our PM as terrorists etc almost in all threads... still not even single negative rating given by Indian members. .. mods didn't take any action... such a biased standards. .
Paste me the link here. I will check that out.

You can be a Moderator depending upon your behaviour as it is not a decision one member. Just try to be cool and calm. And reply with logics rather than indulging in bad arguments. :)
young n gullible:haha:

Back
Top Bottom