What's new

Suggest reverting to olf PDF layout

ThunderCat

Reaction score
I find the new layout cluttered and the usernames placed on top or the side harder to find the next post. Th spacing also feels more dense and harder to navigate through.

Perhaps a new layout but similar to the older one with usernames on the sides?

I think we need to get a vote on this! I can bet by socks that 99% will want the old format back!!!

Sorry webby, but this new razzmatazz of a forum with gazillions of ads and what-nots makes it suck! It is confusion confounded!

I know you guys need to make some dosh out of your ads, but there's a place for everything. Put these back on top of the page and reduce the darn margins on the right hand side. Why do you need the right side column anyway? Hardly anyone looks at it except for the 'Alerts'.

It feels like you are on some infonews website, rather than on a forum !

I concur with my fellow PDF netizens :agree:

Agreed the new series of layouts are bad, @WebMaster needs to understand if it isn't broke don't fix it.

@WebMaster with this layout, readability has gone down the drain.
Older format was much more pleasant, please :help:

Webby!! Man, are you there? Just look at the comments! We want the old format back.

Pllleassse....

bb2beb7b-1530-4bbe-a5b7-9095e5c3e5a4

Older format was much better...

Default format is so confusing and hard to find which post belongs to whom.

Defence.pk original style is so narrow. Especially reading the quoted posts, is so annoying.

@WebMaster To be Honest Few Months back PDF had a its Own Look which suited it perfectly
it really showed PDF as Defence Forum
Now its just looks Like Cheap A$$ Forum For kids which totally is piece of garbage

Webby... i don't like that either. I simply hate this new layout...:(

Why defence.pk doesn't take forums changes seriously and in professional way? What is the point of making complete community uncomfortable and forcing them to live with unfinished changes? What is the point of using community member like some sort of usability and quality test tools?

Here is the professional way of doing it. Please create another mirror under some sub domain for example call it beta.defence.pk or something like that. Then ask the community if they want to help with testing and test the new layout. Once its complete then you can publish the changes to main domain. If you don't want to create sub domain then maybe check if forums software supports standard way of creating themes. Create another theme for new changes with any option to revert back to the old look until its finalized and approved.

Why defence.pk doesn't take forums changes seriously and in professional way? What is the point of making complete community uncomfortable and forcing them to live with unfinished changes? What is the point of using community member like some sort of usability and quality test tools?

Here is the professional way of doing it. Please create another mirror under some sub domain for example call it beta.defence.pk or something like that. Then ask the community if they want to help with testing and test the new layout. Once its complete then you can publish the changes to main domain. If you don't want to create sub domain then maybe check if forums software supports standard way of creating themes. Create another theme for new changes with any option to revert back to the old look until its finalized and approved.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Back
Top Bottom