What's new

Sufiyana Convention by MQM

thanks for telling me or I would have died without knowing I am actually a Punjabi

Be proud of it instead of sucking up to other ethinicties in hating punjabis. Remember if they hate punjabis, they will hate you even more ;)

tugh se kiss ne pucha he? m ufte me reply dye jaa raha he

Meri marzi . . Idhar tu tujhe jab chaha full time kata doon.. uss ke baad laga rahe mun dekhne jab ke baqi saarey teray thread ki dhajian urate hain. :chilli:

What does it matter anyhow - Hardly anyone is going to come ! :unsure:

Pakistanis from elsewhere in Pakistan aren't exactly endeared to MQM & no ethno-linguistic party is ever gonna find any roots in Punjab; heck not even in Southern Punjab !

Wahaaan Super Man thaaa abbb pataa nahin yahaan kahin Baba Bulleh Shah ko Batman na banaa deiiin ! :coffee:

Whichever.. lest assured.. that Abida Parveen croaking with men and women dancing around in "dhamaal" had NOTHING to do with Sufism.

Depends..
It could be a Mehfil-e-Sama.. which involves Qawalli and Langar with fairly orthodox Kalam.. in a very strict environment with very strict behaviour rules to maintain a spiritual atmosphere.
Any thing that still involves Qawwalli and does not follow the laid down mannerisms.. is a Mehfil-e-Nisha.. which is essentially a Qawwali concert(like most today).. and has no spiritual value other than for entertainment.

yup. so its more of an entertainment night. i find it a bit personally offensive finding people associating every secular thing to sufism. and because of this everyone who enjoys qawalis thinks of himself as a sufi. i have met few who even consider smoking weed as a part of Sufism since doing so educes some sort of spirituality lol

yup. so its more of an entertainment night. i find it a bit personally offensive finding people associating every secular thing to sufism. and because of this everyone who enjoys qawalis thinks of himself as a sufi. i have met few who even consider smoking weed as a part of Sufism since doing so educes some sort of spirituality lol
Unfortunately, there is a lot going on in the name of religion these days. Although somehow, I would rather focus on those Jahils blowing themselves up in women and children first before telling the Stoner that him being high is not equal to "haal".

Whichever.. lest assured.. that Abida Parveen croaking with men and women dancing around in "dhamaal" had NOTHING to do with Sufism.

So Oscar did you work on your accent or do you still Urdu with an Altaf Bhai meets Munawar Hassan kinda accent ? :unsure:

I think all who speak Urdu with a funny accent should be banned from entering Lahore; you lot have already butchered the beautiful language enough already ! :whistle:

Bhai Dandeii ki zaroorat hii nahin....which Punjabi in their Right mind is going to come to a Jalsa of MQM ? :crazy:

You have no support here....none whatsoever & don't quote me some video excerpts from Youtube to substantiate that !

MQM is viewed quite negatively here in Punjab & the added 'Punjabi Khaaa Giyaaa' chant that comes out of Sindh every now & then doesn't help any Sindh based Party's cause either !

Abey butt tujhay kiya preshani hai ... Bhaley 10 log aayen unka shouk hai poora karnay day 8-)

BhQxGd0CIAAo4X-.jpg

ایم کیوایم 9مارچ کو لاہور میں روحانی اجتماع منعقد کرے گی ، رابطہ کمیٹی
24 Feb 2014

ایم کیوایم 9مارچ کو لاہور میں روحانی اجتماع منعقد کرے گی ، رابطہ کمیٹی
رابطہ کمیٹی لندن اور کراچی کے ارکان کے مشترکہ اجلاس میں فیصلہ
قائد تحریک الطاف حسین نے رابطہ کمیٹی کے متفقہ فیصلے کی توثیق کردی

لندن۔۔۔24،فروری2014ء
متحدہ قومی موومنٹ کی رابطہ کمیٹی نے اعلان کیاہے کہ ایم کیوایم مورخہ 9، مارچ 2014ء بروز اتوارکوصوبہ پنجاب کے دارالحکومت لاہور میں ایک روحانی اجتماع منعقد کرے گی۔اس بات کا فیصلہ پیر کی شب ایم کیوایم کی رابطہ کمیٹی کراچی اور لندن کے ارکان کے مشترکہ اجلاس میں کیاگیا۔ قائد تحریک جناب الطاف حسین نے رابطہ کمیٹی کے فیصلے کی توثیق کردی ہے ۔
اجلاس میں کہاگیاکہ پاکستان، خصوصاً سرزمین پنجاب صوفیائے کرام اور بزرگان دین کی سرزمین ہے جس کے چپہ چپہ پر ان صوفیائے کرام اور بزرگان دین کی نشانیاں ہیں جنہوں نے اپنے عمل وکردار اور ریاضت سے سرزمین ہند پر دین اسلام کے فروغ اور بقاء کیلئے ناقابل فراموش کردار ادا کیا ۔ ان عظیم ہستیوں نے اپنی ذاتی زندگی فنا کرکے اپنی زندگی کے ایک ایک لمحہ کو اللہ تعالیٰ کی خوشنودی کے حصول اور دین اسلام کی ترقی وترویج کیلئے وقف کردیا۔ اجلاس میں فیصلہ کیا گیا کہ ایم کیوایم اس اجتماع میں تمام مکاتب فکر کے علمائے کرام ،مذہبی اسکالرز، نعت خواں وقوال حضرات کو مدعو کرے گی جو عوام کو بزرگان دین اور صوفیائے کرام کی سیرت سے آگاہ کریں گے ۔پروگرام کی مزید تفصیلات سے عوام کو جلد آگاہ کیا جائے گا۔​

This thread should be posted in Social Issues & Current Events because this not a political issue .............

Last edited:
I actually want that MQM gain some vote bank in Punjab so that they stop winning about Punjabis every now and than, and it can get that only if she kick out Altaf Boori and Revolver Committee out of party and becomes a national party - we need 3rd force to end turns of PML-N & PPP. PTI was hope but they turned out to be Talibani party.

PS: Not printing photo of Altoof on banners is good decision, it will keep blood pressure of Punjabies normal :D

Why MQM didn't announce sufi gathering at Data Darbaar?

i hope Punjabi people are not so narrow minded and will wholeheartedly participate in this event regardless of ethnicity, language, creed, cast, religion, politics

seeing few rotten heads here definitely gives an impression god forbidden punjabis are very narrow minded?

we pakistanis should start accommodating each other and start talking about merits and demerits of any thing as compared to same old feudalism, bradarism, family system, and other old age rotten system, pakistanis should fight the extremism, corruption, sectarianism, favouritism etc

its not about Lahore or Punjab, why can't it be about the country?

Last edited:
Be proud of it instead of sucking up to other ethinicties in hating punjabis. Remember if they hate punjabis, they will hate you even more ;)

I am proud of my ethnicity thats why i do not want to be called punjabi which is a generic term used in Pakstan now

Back
Top Bottom