What's new

Sufism returns to Afghanistan after years of repression

Can somebody write some points regarding sufism, and how it is different from "normal" islam. I know I can google and find, but would like to know personal opinions of pdf members, at least who follow that.

I have an impression that it is mostly a type of eastern mysticism(sometimes induced by drugs). But I know that is a generalization.
Dont confuse Malangs with sufis! malangs are just posers and consume bhang.
Sufism in nothing new. Jews were into mysticism as well actually way before Islam.

Dont confuse Malangs with sufis! malangs are just posers and consume bhang.
Sufism in nothing new. Jews were into mysticism as well actually way before Islam.

Jews were into a form of mysticism that you do not want to talk about here. Jewish mysticism is called Kabbalah...

On the difference b/w normal Islam and Sufism:
The only difference is that mainstream Islam (mazhab or Shariah) is for the outside. External demeanour, way of life, rules of engagement...
Sufism on the other hand is for the beautification of the inside (acquiring Akhlaaq-e-Hameeda as they say).

Please check out a book called "The Alchemist of Happiness" by Alghazali. Or "Kashful Mahjoob" by Sayyed-e-Hijver (Daata Ganj Bakhsh), to know what it is all about.

On the difference b/w normal Islam and Sufism:
The only difference is that mainstream Islam (mazhab or Shariah) is for the outside. External demeanour, way of life, rules of engagement...
Sufism on the other hand is for the beautification of the inside (acquiring Akhlaaq-e-Hameeda as they say).

Please check out a book called "The Alchemist of Happiness" by Alghazali. Or "Kashful Mahjoob" by Sayyed-e-Hijver (Daata Ganj Bakhsh), to know what it is all about.

Too much of an effort for me. I think I can safely assume that sufis wont blow themselves up, make soft good music( that I like) where as wahabi are heavy metal variety.(which I dont like)

Too much of an effort for me. I think I can safely assume that sufis wont blow themselves up, make soft good music( that I like) where as wahabi are heavy metal variety.(which I dont like)
Hahaha, sufis don't want to create any musc :coffee:

Simple Question, and i hope for a short simple answer for the sake of information.

who and what is tahir qadri ?

It is a fine line that none of us are qualified to discuss or define.
Where as the Takrifi school of thought is recognized at being fault
Sufism also has some objectionable parts.

the truth as in most of the cases is some where in the middle, lost between egoistic jingoism of the two poles.

As the state of affairs go, and our understanding ( Lack of ) of the religion ....

We should refrain from stamping approval to any one "sect" and vice versa

Sufis are nothing but Practical muslims.. they give more importance to "Amal"(practice) rather than "Ilam"(knowledge)... and Mysticism which most of the times is attached to sufism is just a part of sufism... Sufi are the ones who believe that science and Islam are very close... Infact islam is the only religion preaching to go towards science....

They believe in practicing those traits which they want to preach... One more thing Sufi's never preached visiting shrines none of the big Sufi's were visiting shrines very often
P.S. I am not against visiting shrines.

Back
Top Bottom