What's new

Sufism returns to Afghanistan after years of repression

Wrong!
Sultan Fateh Mohammad,
Salahudin yubi,
The Cleric who lead the revolution against the French,
A large number of Chechens who fought the Evil Empire,
Afghan war.......... plenty of sufis rallied thousands of people.

Also, one cannot be a true sufi without being "strict" to Shariah so there arent not very many realy ones around
There are plenty of funny sufis around fooling people.

can you tell me which sufi of afghanistan took arm especially against the muslims(former mujahideen).

As per chechen, if i am not mistaken the wahabis have strong foothold there.

pakistan should look to build bridges with the sufi's in afghanistan, pakistan has a great tradition of sufism......

:tdown:

No need to offer anything to afghans. They will throw it back in your face. Then Pakistanis will complain about them, call them ungrateful, ect, but you people are asking for it.

It is a fine line that none of us are qualified to discuss or define.
Where as the Takrifi school of thought is recognized at being fault
Sufism also has some objectionable parts.

the truth as in most of the cases is some where in the middle, lost between egoistic jingoism of the two poles.

As the state of affairs go, and our understanding ( Lack of ) of the religion ....

We should refrain from stamping approval to any one "sect" and vice versa

I think i agree with you on this, but i need to add another thing as well, if we should refrain from approval---we should also refrain from stamping others wrong. Let us leave everything to Allah. But I was interested in this peice of article because the Sufis are peaceful people, it is good to have them in troubled countries in pakistan and afghanistan to defy the Taliban.

ahmed talibans will be back to fight your northern alliance once again, just wait and see.

all ghaddars will be executed...

No need to offer anything to afghans. They will thorw it back in your face. Then Pakistanis will complain about them, call them ungrateful, ect, but you people are asking to be back-stabbed.

Lets dont discuse it in this thread, we might be back stabers and wrong, but trust me we also got our side of stroy--if looked into it from an impartial angle, who knows you'd agree that we wont be that bad as you think.

ahmed talibans will be back to fight your northern alliance once again, just wait and see.

all ghaddars will be executed...

Aston Martin, a ghadar for me is hero for you and your ghadar is a hero for me, you only love the taliban because you wrongly think that the taliban are good for pakistan and serving pakistan's interest, that is a misconception. God forbid if the taliban becomes powerfull, it will mean a full blown civil war in afghanistan between different ethnic groups and that will have NOTHING to with islam--there will be massive bloodshed with no prospect of end to it just like before. If you really are to see muslims in peace and unity, you shouldnt pray for what you said.

Can somebody write some points regarding sufism, and how it is different from "normal" islam. I know I can google and find, but would like to know personal opinions of pdf members, at least who follow that.

I have an impression that it is mostly a type of eastern mysticism(sometimes induced by drugs). But I know that is a generalization.

all pushtoons are deobandis or Ahle-hadith as per my knowledge including whole Afghanistan, how come sufism comes there???

all pushtoons are deobandis or Ahle-hadith as per my knowledge including whole Afghanistan, how come sufism comes there???

Sufism have always been in that country, Mulana Jalaludin Rumi Balkhi himself was a famous poet and sufi. I dont know why you mentioned Pashtoons ONLY, but anyways, they are all Hanafi like the others.

Sufism have always been in that country, Mulana Jalaludin Rumi Balkhi himself was a famous poet and sufi. I dont know why you mentioned Pashtoons ONLY, but anyways, they are all Hanafi like the others.

95% of afghanistanis are deobandis and ahle hadith,
pushtoons are major stake holders there but i must respect others too.

95% of afghanistanis are deobandis and ahle hadith,
pushtoons are major stake holders there but i must respect others too.

I dont know about deobandi or ahle hadith, but we are hanafis majority and we got 15% shia as well.

What is ahle hadith? is it the same as wahabi or something else?

I dont know about deobandi or ahle hadith, but we are hanafis majority and we got 15% shia as well.

What is ahle hadith? is it the same as wahabi or something else?

ahle hadith=wahabi.. YES.
hanafi is further divided in two major sects.
deobandis and barelvis.
Cheers.

ahle hadith=wahabi.. YES.
hanafi is further divided in two major sects.
deobandis and barelvis.
Cheers.

Then in this case i need to tell you that We are not wahabis. As i said before, overwhelming majority of people are hanafi followed by 15% shia. This term deobandi and barlvi is only used in pakistan, they are totally unknown terms in Afghanistan.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom