What's new

Sudan President's Plane Denied Saudi Fly-Over En Route to Iran

Notice some thing all evil has one thing in common,one eye sheik Abdul whahab,Mullah Omar and fill in the blank----------

Oh you who have no faith You worship what you worship and i worship what i worship.You be on your way and i will be on my way.

Saudis hating Muslims what a shocker every where one looks Islam is being associated with terrorist thanks to the worshipers of dollars.

Who is the guy on the picture? Do you know who he is??

KSA and Sudan might not have the best relations on a GOVERNMENTAL level but in terms of the relationship between people then ties between KSA and what is today Sudan are ancient. The dialects of Sudan have been influenced by Hijazi Arabic, both countries are neighbors - only the beautiful Red Sea divides us, we share cultural, ancestral, tribal, linguistic, religious and historical (Arab and Semitic) aspects and many Arab Sudanese live in KSA or have lived there for hundreds of years.

Umar al-Bashir is just a isolated ruler and unreliable. Ties with failed states such as Belarus, North Korea, Iran etc. tells it all really. Anyway he is getting old and will not rule forever.

The Darfur thing is also something that needs to be sorted out.

from a legal norm/perspective (as per UN) foreign leaders' aircrafts can't be denied airspace over other countries

there was a big fuss over this when EU countries denied air-route to Ecuador president as they felt he was ferrying Edward snowden in the aircraft

Do you understand the difference between a president wanted for genocide charges, and others who applied for an asylum? Pity

A- The nature of the situation of Eidi Amin is actually utterly different from Bashir. The latter was a pure SOB who infested on nothing but the blood of his own people, Eidi Amin's issue is slightly as he was fighting on two fronts, against armed groups of his people, and an outsider enemy, see the difference? Aside, he was never given the citizenship, so put that back into your pocket, sweetie.

B- If you want to compare Bin Ali with Bashir, then please be my guest, but be make sure you understand the difference between them.

C- Ali Abdullah Saleh stayed for a while for a medical treatment, we aren't going to disabandoned some guy who was friendly to us indeed.

D- Finally, I don't think there is anything wrong my country did, so please stop flaming at me, okay?
Oh come one, don't play the 'innocent lives' game here.Your country is famous for being a paradise for ousted dictators.
Saudi Arabia gave citizenship to Eidi Amin, bloodthirsty dictator of Uganda. Bin Ali of Tunisia. Treating Ali Abdullah Saleh, dictator of Yemen.
Tell that to someone who doesn't know anything.The only thing you didn't care in this incident was human lives.
Perhaps it was a noble Saudi way to show to Iran how powerful and dangerous it is. It wanted to show that it has the power to close its airspace to an official guest of Iran .Childish indeed.

@Yzd Khalifa

I thought Saudi-Sudani relations were good. The only two countries I don't know much about regarding their relations with the KSA are Sudan and Algeria. I would appreciate it if you shed some light on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Yzd Khalifa

I thought Saudi-Sudani relations were good. The only two countries I don't know much about regarding their relations with the KSA are Sudan and Algeria. I would appreciate it if you shed some light on this.
Other than Egypt and Libya, Sudan's most important relations with Arab countries were with the oil-producing states of the Persian Gulf, in particular Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. After 1974 these three countries became important sources of foreign economic assistance and private investments. During the economic crises of the 1980s, Saudi Arabia provided Sudan with military aid, concessionary loans, outright financial grants, and oil at prices well below the cost of petroleum in the international market. By 1990 foreign capital transfers had become the Sudanese government's most important source of revenue.

Despite its economic dependence, the Bashir regime refused to support the Saudi position during the Persian Gulf crisis of 1990-91. Other than the receipt of a small quantity of Iraqi military supplies, which the Bashir government used in its prosecution of the war in the south, its motive for its pro-Iraq stance remained obscure. In fact, relations between Baghdad and Khartoum, while correct, were limited in 1990. In the spring of that year, the Iraqi government had ignored official protests from Bashir and met with representatives of the banned Sudanese Baath Party and other opposition groups. The decision to side with Iraq adversely affected Sudan's relations with Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies. Riyadh retaliated by suspending all grants, project loans, and concessionary oil sales, measures that had a devastating impact on Sudan's budget and economy. After Iraq was defeated, Bashir and other RCC-NS members tried to repair the damaged relations with Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, but as of mid1991 , these countries had not resumed their former largesse to Sudan.

Data as of June 1991

Before the First Gulf War the relations were excellent on all fronts but after Sudan took the side of Saddam the relations strained a bit but improved in the late 1990's. Today they are cordial I would say and relatively warm despite some differences in terms of politics here and there. But nothing like the relations we have with most Arab countries. As of late Sudan has tried to have greater economic and military relations with us because they have an enormous debt (40 billion dollars) and all that is an attempt to survive as a isolated regime. In short al-Bashir and his regime are willing to do everything to stay in power basically. So they play on all horses.

allAfrica.com: Sudan Defense Minister in Saudi Arabia Despite ICC Warrant

Sudan, Saudi Arabia Sign MoU on Oil

Saudi Arabia Enjoys Strong Ties with Sudan Asharqia Chamber -

But we have held joint military operations (naval operations) as late as last year and despite us being suspecious of the regime and their attempts of having real ties with Iran we are nevertheless the biggest Arab investor in Sudan.

Remember that governmental relations between countries say nothing about the real relations on the ground between the people as I explained in my post number 20 in this thread.

Relations could be better but they are definitely not bad and could quickly be fixed completely once Sudan changes regime. No chance of any conflict and there is no reason for it even.

did we? when? I cant believe we went lower than pak i-stan :disagree:
Well .. you learn some thing new every day don't you.

because hindu-stan did prove it self worthy of snooping lower than ____; musharraf went via china to Kathmandu.

Usually, all relations with Arab countries depend on what kind Gov't we are dealing with, except the UAE, Jordan, and Morocco, of which we support unconditionally.
@Yzd Khalifa

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom