What's new

successfully test Mumbai Monorail system

Yeah, we already shelved the Mag-Lev metro system in favor of the normal one we see in Delhi. I guess DMRC got too jealous of the idea of a super high tech metro system in our state. Mag-Lev metro would have been a dream come true.

Talk about misplace priorities. The current trains can be speeded up a lot if goods train can be diverted via special Goods Corridors'..but instead we are ready to spend huge amounts of our precious money on bullet train. I am not against bullet train but do we need it urgently?

I think you should have read vision 2020 of Railways, there are plans for adding 25,000km new rail lines, 13,000 km electrification and adding another 9000 new rail engines.

Bullet train is just one of them, I read that Delhi-Mumbai is getting 200km/h once western dedicated freight corridor is complete and traffic would be eased and they will move on to another routes.

Government have balanced plans, only things is to execute it properly.

Talk about misplace priorities. The current trains can be speeded up a lot if goods train can be diverted via special Goods Corridors'..but instead we are ready to spend huge amounts of our precious money on bullet train. I am not against bullet train but do we need it urgently?

The max our trains can go is 160 kmph. The normal coaches can't go any faster than 110 kmph, atleast that's what's written on them. Maybe I'm wrong, is there someone here who knows about Indian trains?

I think they are planning to use the present old railway system as dedicated freight corridor and the bullet train system for Passenger traffic if they successfully finish the first project with satisfactory financial figures.

I think they are planning to use the present old railway system as dedicated freight corridor and the bullet train system for Passenger traffic if they successfully finish the first project with satisfactory financial figures.

They are constructing new sets of rail lines on DFC from Delhi-Mumbai and another from Ludhiana-Kolkata.

we should gradually convert all our public transport systems to more eco friendly ones,like cng buses,autos etc.

I think Mumbai is unique as far as rail transport is concerned.

Mumbai has/will have three types of rail network systems for commuters....

1. Metro (Underground rail system)

2. Local (On ground rail system)

3. Mono Rail (In the air or elevated rail system)

I don't know any city in India which will have such a system .......... any city in the world which has such system, if you could tell........................there may be some...

:tup:

I know Chongqing in central China has all 3. Plus a cablecar !

chongqing-map.jpg

Monorail
imagesCALP38CZ.jpg

Subway
chongqing-subway-line2.jpg

Cablecar
A-cable-car-ferries-people-over-the-Yangtze-River-in-Chongqing_6.jpg

I think you should have read vision 2020 of Railways, there are plans for adding 25,000km new rail lines, 13,000 km electrification and adding another 9000 new rail engines.

Bullet train is just one of them, I read that Delhi-Mumbai is getting 200km/h once western dedicated freight corridor is complete and traffic would be eased and they will move on to another routes.

Government have balanced plans, only things is to execute it properly.

Any idea how much this bullet train costs.In Kerala it is estimated that it will cost INR 200 crore/km (Not sure it includes the price of rehabilitation of affected individuals and families).

Will love to see it, honestly Mumbai transportation system sucks. There is no decent transport system, worst is the taxis, only city in India to have such horrible taxis.

Any idea how much this bullet train costs.In Kerala it is estimated that it will cost INR 200 crore/km (Not sure it includes the price of rehabilitation of affected individuals and families).

There are plans to lay 3800km of tracks and which will cost Rs 700-1000 million per km (US$ 15-22 million/km). But I can't understand why Kerela is planning to lay separate track when central government is planning bullet trains between Kochi-Thiruvananthapuram.

I know Chongqing in central China has all 3. Plus a cablecar !

A-cable-car-ferries-people-over-the-Yangtze-River-in-Chongqing_6.jpg

Cable car as a public transport. Never heard of it.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

here you go link for the delhi metro Maglev proposal

Wheelless trains for Delhi Metro planned - Times Of India

For public transport speed of 50-80km/h is sought, but what is use of Maglev when the Airport Express is already completed in Delhi.

The thing they need to ban in Bombay is paan and gutkha and all those things that make you spit. Just the other day - some moron workers who had come to clean the floodlights at the club's tennis courts had spat on the court - and there was that disgusting red thing on the court - if Dubai can ban it, why not Bombay?

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Speaking of buses, BEST imported some air conditioned buses named King Long from China which are utterly crap. 40 year old Tata Buses which are built on the chassis of a truck run better than the King Longs.

There are plans to lay 3800km of tracks and which will cost Rs 700-1000 million per km (US$ 15-22 million/km). But I can't understand why Kerela is planning to lay separate track when central government is planning bullet trains between Kochi-Thiruvananthapuram.

Never heard of it bhai.

Back
Top Bottom