What's new

successfully test Mumbai Monorail system

Bangalore will also have its monorail soon and metro will be completed in few years :)

Bangalore will also have its monorail soon and metro will be completed in few years :)

I looked into Wikipedia, following cities are getting both Metro and Monorail:-

1)Mumbai/Navi Mumbai
2)Chennai
3)Bangalore
4)Delhi
5)Indore
6)Kolkata
7)Patna
8)Pune

the capacity og these monorails is really less....highly crowded cities like Mumbai needed a metro fisrt....as that would easu up he traffic..then more projects like monorails can be added..

That will be a over kill.Maglev is good for long distances but the infrastructure is costly.

well thats true.then I have no Idea why they want to put Maglev on delhi metro.its better for delhi to mumbai

Maglev is not feasible way to commute on daily basis. It is just too expensive to travel in a maglev.

That's why only China has Maglev till now because it is too much expensive. You can have Maglev for showoff only, it will take some more time in getting cheaper.

The question is: WTF were we doing for the past half a century? We've woken up from deep slumber - finally. If only our political netas and babus had the vision of doing this decades ago, there wouldn't have been so much chaos on the roads today! Our public transport system sucks in most cities. Just look at our buses...

MTC_old_bus.jpg

This trash is what is operating in the Metros today. Forget the smaller towns. And this after more than 60 years of our Independence!! What were we doing all this time? Poodle faking! And we call ourselves an emerging super power!!! Jeeez! :tdown:

My friend arrived from France on his first ever trip to India the other day and whilst driving to the hotel in Chennai he was aghast at the pathetic state of the buses! He took out his camera and clicked dozens of shots of these museum pieces! He couldn't believe his eyes seeing these shoddy looking tin-cans belching smoke and running on treadless tyres - like derelicts of a bygone age!!

Plz ask your desi friend to come to bangalore and take pics of Volvos, Benz, Isuzu local buses.

People like you are a curse to the country. Whatever is done you manage to spit venom and synical comments

^^ he should have a look at Delhi's Bus service, its comparable to some European countries. well's frog know nothing but have to comment somehow.

Plz ask your desi friend to come to bangalore and take pics of Volvos, Benz, Isuzu local buses.

People like you are a curse to the country. Whatever is done you manage to spit venom and synical comments

All the cities got or getting good quality bus services under JNNURM scheme. I read in 2011 Bangalore planned for 4000 new Volvo buses on road because of its success in the city.

Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agree with you... even in Chennai, I see most of the buses are like below..

Guindy to Velachery - Ticket Price : 11 Rupees for below bus.
MTC_white_line_bus.jpg

The green color(White Board buses) are in low numbers to control the ticket price...

Guindy to Velachery - Ticket Price : 4 Rupees for below bus.
P1060671.JPG

Kerala HSR will be required soon enough, because of (the way i see it it will have 3 or more metro cities by 2015) and more metropolitan like areas by 2020. Urbanization 80-90%?

Anyway this is the proposed HSR network across India.
India_HSR_potential_route_1112.GIF

Back
Top Bottom