What's new

India's first monorail makes maiden journey with passengers in Mumbai

Yes, but we need wider roads in every city as well. Right now, Delhi has the widest roads.

No we don't. What we need is effective traffic management and more metro lines. More/wider roads = more cars and less space for pedestrians. :)

No we don't. What we need is effective traffic management and more metro lines. More/wider roads = more cars and less space for pedestrians. :)

What we need is proper lane marking, and properly designed roads!

What we need is proper lane marking, and properly designed roads!

Not to mention learning the very basics of courteous, non-offensive driving which would involve the complete overhaul of the system at the grassroots level.

Not to mention learning the very basics of courteous, non-offensive driving which would involve the complete overhaul of the system at the grassroots level.

A proper driver licensing system should be a good place to start.

Any Info about the local trains of Mumbai they are the lifeline of Mumbai....Any info about any change or modernization on them they need that badly because Mumbai metro is also going to start shortly and we need to keep up that old history of ours alive

BTW the mono looks even sexier than metro..

The Rs 21,000-crore Elevated Rail Corridor Project to link Oval Maidan and Virar got an in-principle approval from Maharashtra government on 9th April 2013.
Elevated Rail Corridor project gets in-principle nod - Economic Times

But, there is no consensus yet between the state government and railway board on the much-awaited 63-km Oval Maidan Virar Elevated Corridor.

No movement yet on Oval Maidan Virar Elevated Corridor - Indian Express

Mumbai too has wide roads...... The worst is "Bangalore" and to some extend Chennai

Bangalore was not a Planned city, Before 1995 there was not much software companies... If we see 1970's and 80's photo of Bangalore, We would be amazed! It was cleaner and beautiful! It is what happens if a city which was planned for few lakhs got lakhs of migrants month over month in a short span of time.

Between I feel the traffic in Chennai was not that worse when compared with other metros! It is regulated!

Mumbai too has wide roads...... The worst is "Bangalore" and to some extend Chennai

Bangalore was not a Planned city, Before 1995 there was not much software companies... If we see 1970's and 80's photo of Bangalore, We would be amazed! It was cleaner and beautiful! It is what happens if a city which was planned for few lakhs got lakhs of migrants month over month in a short span of time.

Between I feel the traffic in Chennai was not that worse when compared with other metros! It is regulated!

in fact until few years ago Bangalore was known only as a tourist place in India... it surprisingly emerged as a major commercial city only after the IT revolution in that city.

really cheap.if only our cities have so cheap matros.

The public transport service is really cheap in India.....even my first experience with cheap metro transport service in Delhi was when I got a ticket from saket nagar to tees hazari metro station (that would be nearly 20kms)and it cost me only Rs 21....and i was like really confused:confused: that if the man at the ticket counter had heard me wrong....two metros passed while i was thinking and then decided to asked a local Delhite and he gave me right direction....finally i got late for my work:cry: with an angry boss.

The public transport service is really cheap in India.....even my first experience with cheap metro transport service in Delhi was when I got a ticket from saket nagar to tees hazari metro station (that would be nearly 20kms)and it cost me only Rs 21....and i was like really confused:confused: that if the man at the ticket counter had heard me wrong....two metros passed while i was thinking and then decided to asked a local Delhite and he gave me right direction....finally i got late for my work:cry: with an angry boss.
here a table of probable metro price in shenzhen
(now 1$≈6.1RMB)
2rmb-4km
3rmb-8km
4rmb-12km
5rmb-18km
6rmb-24km
7rmb-32km
8rmb-40km
9rmb-48km

Back
Top Bottom