What's new

Submariner Blows the Whistle on Trident Nuclear Submarine

No, stop back tracking. you directly made that sentence with Indian sailors being inferior to British I would oppose you as Vehemently even if you had sad Pakistani Sailor. There is a difference between "might be at risk" and making an open statement that we are worse.
Hehehe
Yes, we are worse.
We lack the kind of equipments they have and also the kind of training they get. Is that what you wanted me to say?
11 accidents in last 2 years point to the issues within IN.

Aaap key weight seh waisee hiii submarine sink kar jaiii giii ! :tongue:
mera weight? 56 kgs!!!
If an Indian submarine sinks then I would blame it on ISI agents like you. :P

Perfection Incarnate kehteiii hain hummein ! :smokin:
Kaun kehta hai??? aap khud?? :haha:

:o: I Salute your Bravery !!! :yahoo:
I know you 're feather weight. :haha:

The Royal Navy is considered to be the most traditional Navy with a history.
Reading the narrative, it seems that they have lost their professionalism and resort to ad hoc procedures.

All navies are the same from the inside, hiding their faults even within their own commands, this weakens the internal working mechanism and always has a negative effect on the output.

There are certain safety standards which can be ignored onboard surface vessels, but they should never be ignored onboard subs and aircraft, and specially boomers. However, reading the details, if safeties are violated to this extent on a boomer, then they are waiting for a catastrophe to happen.

Royal Navy's Nuclear submarine to get new core after test reactor problem

Last edited:
Hehehe
Yes, we are worse.
We lack the kind of equipments they have and also the kind of training they get. Is that what you wanted me to say?
11 accidents in last 2 years point to the issues within IN.

Equipment maybe, But what do you know about an Indian Navy Sailors training regime ? Did you read the entire article ?

Some of these accidents were blown out of portions by the media which were actually very minor incidents if i am correct. Can you list these incidents ?

I know you 're feather weight. :haha:

Mota nahi hu thamri thereh. You need Discipline and self control to be like me. you are just Jealous :dirol:

Last edited:
Equipment maybe, But what do you know about an Indian Navy Sailors training regime ?
As much as you do....i guess.

Did you read the entire article ?
2/3rd of it.

Some of these accidents were blown out of portions by the media which were actually very minor incidents if i am correct. Can you list these incidents ?
Indian Navy: 11 accidents, 22 deaths in seven months | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Mota nahi hu thamri thereh. You need Discipline and self control to be like me. you are just Jealous :dirol:
Heck! I'm not Moti..that cartoon @Armstrong is mota (baby elephant!!). Amyy you better stop spreading rumors about me:taz:. I can be anything but moti... I have maintained my weight for years now. :frown:

Do you mean that's an acceptable digit??

How many Sailors have we lost since 1947 to these kind of problems ? What is the ratio of the hours in which the ship runs and these incidents. ? IAF's attrition rate is very very impressive considering how much the planes fly. I assume IN is similar. These are one off incidents, It happens with every Navy out there. But that cannot be used to question their professionalism.

Last edited:
Ofcourse you do, This all just sounds like some folks here have an inferiority complex when concerned with the developed world. The observation is rather stupid and honestly sounds like those one of those Indians who are good at excessive self criticism .

"If this happens in UK, then imagine what an Indian sailor might be doing on a nuclear submarine??"

Then what does the above sentence tell you. ?

Did you even read the article ? i know we had a few problems but the contents of the article are mind blowing.
its a casual but pretty mundane observation from her bordering on toutology. You dont need to have inferiority complex to see how things are in real observable world (and extrapolate it to one you cant observe).
I have been to some naval installation and heard stories from my friend( a sailor) but even without that I can easily make such a statement based on stats alone.

Are you as naïf as you claim to be or are you circumventing my question?

Itni jaldi reply mat kiya kar, post edit kar raha tha :mad:

I have been to some naval installation and heard stories from my friend( a sailor) but even without that I can easily make such a statement based on stats alone.

What stats ?

its a casual but pretty mundane observation from her bordering on toutology. You dont need to have inferiority complex to see how things are in real observable world (and extrapolate it to one you cant observe).

"They suck ? , we must suck worse" is a rather stupid observation..

Well if one isn't aware of Either UK's or Indian Navy's training regime and working Ethics and Discipline. I suggest people should not come to any conclusions at all. let alone comparisons

This is what i mean here the thread is about UK Navy and certian Indians end up questioning the professionalism of Indian Navy. This is what i mean by inferiority complex and excessive self flagellation.

Last edited:
Update on Nuclear Security
MOD News Team, 21 May 2015 — Operations, Reactive statements, Uncategorized

There has been continued coverage of the submariner who published criticism of Britain’s nuclear deterrent. The Royal Navy would like to reiterate that we take the operation of our submarines and the safety of our personnel extremely seriously.

We continue to fully investigate the circumstances of this issue and Ministerswill update Parliament at the earliest opportunity.

Royal Navy Vanguard Class submarine HMS Vigilant returning to HMNB Clyde after her extended deployment.
The four Vanguard-class submarines form the UK's strategic nuclear deterrent force. Each of the the four boats is armed with Trident 2 D5 nuclear missiles. Like all submarines the Vanguard Class are steam powered, their reactors converting water into steam to drive the engines and generate electricity.

Update on Nuclear Security | Defence in the media

How many Sailors have we lost since 1947 to these kind of problems ? What is the ratio of the hours in which the ship runs and these incidents. ? IAF's attrition rate is very very impressive considering how much the planes fly. I assume IN is similar. These are one off incidents, It happens with every Navy out there. But that cannot be used to question their professionalism.
One-off incidents??
Since 1990 we have lost one warship(in peace time) every 5 years; since 2004 Indian Navy has lost one naval combatant every two years.
And this is what a Yankee had to say about IN
upload_2015-5-21_12-59-42.png

There is a problem in our Indian Navy or else why did we have to strip Skippers of INS Talwar and Betwa???
INS Betwa ran aground!!
How can such navigational errors be expected from seasoned mariners commanding warships???

One-off incidents??
Since 1990 we have lost one warship(in peace time) every 5 years; since 2004 Indian Navy has lost one naval combatant every two years.

If you wanted to copy paste from wiki you should have atleast copy pasted the entire thing and not the thing which suited your arguments.

"These accidents have been attributed to ageing ships in need of maintenance, delayed acquisitions by the Ministry of Defence, and human error."

you talk like the entire thing was attributed to human error

"However naval commentators also argue that as India's large navy of 160 ships clocks around 12,000 ship-days at sea every year, in varied waters and weather, some incidents are inevitable.Captains of erring ships are dismissed from their command following an enquiry."

I had asked you this question earlier but you choose not to answer it. I took the above statement from the same wiki page you took the first sentence from...

Are you seriously trying to shame the navy to win an argument with me ??????

Did you know former admiral had begged Anthony to replace the Batteries of the Sindhuratna and he still refused to purchase new batteries. Thats the reason we lost 18 sailors. NOT because Sailors were abd but because we had a faulty Jack *** as a defense minister.

And this is what a Yankee had to say about IN
View attachment 223488

I have heard about this incident and honestly none of it sounds very credible. Unnamed person claiming to be a Lt. posting something about Navy or IAF. Its not the first time it has happened and not the first time it has turned out to be grossly inaccurate. Its amazing you chose to believe anything out there in the Internet.

There is a problem in our Indian Navy or else why did we have to strip Skippers of INS Talwar and Betwa???
INS Betwa ran aground!!
How can such navigational errors be expected from seasoned mariners commanding warships???

Because mistakes happen and professional Navies take action when these things happen.

This is the fault with certain Indians. Thread is about UK Navy and people like you are going around flaming Indian Navy personal. Please stop with this this self flagellating crap. Indians bad, Indians suck, Indians rapists way to many adarsh liberals with that attitude(may or may not be you)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_military_aircraft_(1990–99)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_military_aircraft_(2000–09)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ts_involving_military_aircraft_(2010–present)

Go see how often the US Military/Navy ends up in that list. But will you come to the same conclusions as what you came about Indian Navy ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom