What's new

Submarine Guide: Chinese Navy's Latest Type-039C Yuan Class

This will have CMs not BMs?
CMs certainly yes, BMs likely no.

BMs technically can be deployed on 039C which is the second largest conventional-powered sub (3600 tons displacement, only after 4200 tons Soryu class) with a large beam measured 8.4m, but they will be limited to SRBMs only given the usual large sizes of BMs. Example is the Hyunmoo 4-4, to be deployed on KSS-III, it is a SRBM with range at 500~800 km (subject to payload).

I think PN will operate subs at a good range from shore and have needs to strike deeper inland, hence choosing CMs instead of SRBM.

Last edited:
I think PN will operate subs at a good range from shore and have needs to strike deeper inland, hence choosing CMs instead of SRBM.
Sir are you suggesting that the PN will use cruise missiles to strike land targets in India?

Sir are you suggesting that the PN will use cruise missiles to strike land targets in India?
Yes bro, that's how PN will operate a sea-based second strike capability i.e. nuke-tipped Babur CMs deployed on 4 (out of the 8) Hangor-class. With a range of 1500km, Babur CM can even managed to strike New Delhi from Pakistani coastal waters.

Last edited:
Yes bro, that's how PN will operate a sea-based second strike capability i.e. nuke-tipped Babur CMs deployed on 4 (out of the 8) Hangor-class. With a range of 1500km, Babur CM can even managed to strike New Delhi from Pakistani coastal waters.
Thank you bro. It is a good think that the 4 Hangor class will provide Pakistan with a second strike capability.

I am also wondering if China has any anti ship cruise missiles? Like Russia's zircon? If it does can it be carried by the Hangor class? I would like the remaining for equipped with hypersonic anti ship missiles. Indias aircraft carriers are the biggest threat to PN. Hopefully the Hangor class can take care of them.

Thank you bro. It is a good think that the 4 Hangor class will provide Pakistan with a second strike capability.

I am also wondering if China has any anti ship cruise missiles? Like Russia's zircon? If it does can it be carried by the Hangor class? I would like the remaining for equipped with hypersonic anti ship missiles. Indias aircraft carriers are the biggest threat to PN. Hopefully the Hangor class can take care of them.
Sure does bro, AShM is perhaps the most basic thing for any navy to have! And all eight Hangors of PN will be equipped with AShM, irregard of their nuke capability.

There are many AShM choices available, say two are already listed in the OP's diagram see post #1: YJ-82 (subsonic), YJ-18B (hybrid i.e. subsonic cruise phase + supersonic terminal phase). Then there's another YJ-12 (supersonic throughout) which is deployed on the four 054AP frigates. These are some new missiles with advanced propulsion and guidance techs.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom