What's new

Su-57 Program Cancelled

http://www.businessinsider.com/russ...t-going-into-mass-production-2018-7?r=UK&IR=T

This is bad news for any country wishing to enter the 'stealth' arena. Soviet / Russia is no amateur in the aviation world. They have consistently produced many -- not merely some -- of the world's finest aerodynamicists. But the cancellation of the Su-57 program is an obvious hint that making a viable challenger to the current American 'stealth' platforms is not something that can be done 'on the cheap'. There is a reason why the F-22, F-35, and the B-2 cost the amount they do, and that reason is understandably classified.

Have no doubt, China is NOT taking this news with cheer. When people thinks of aviation firsts, innovations, and pushing the limits, China is not in that list. China must be thinking of the worst case scenario for the Russian Su-57 pilots over Syria -- that they were harassed by the F-22s without knowing where the Americans were. And the Americans in their F-22s do have a history of such aviation trolling. Ask the Iranians. The J-20 is untested outside of China and the J-20 is the Su-57's peer in all aspects of development and timeline. And Russia gave up on the Su-57.

It looks like you are even more butthurt than fake news reporter. He turned the news of starting mass production into cancelled mass production. You went even further cancelling the whole program.
Sorry to dissapoint you.
Its not cancelled. Its progressing and evolving.
Mass production of SU-57 is not cancelled. Its just started.

After the first 12 SU-57 additional orders for the second stage SU-57 with new engines will follow.
Enjoy your butthurt.

• Home
  • Military & Defense
  • ALEX LOCKIEJUL 13, 2018, 01.00 AM
    The Diplomat reports.

But despite Russia's non-stop praise for the plane and dubious claims about its abilities, Borisov ultimately said, "The Su-57 is considered to be one of the best aircrafts produced in the world. Consequently, it does not make sense to speed up work on mass-producing the fifth-generation aircraft.""
    Justin Bronk, a combat aviation expert at the Royal United Services Institute, told Business Insider that Borisov's comments "could be charitably described as an unreasonably optimistic reason why they stopped production."

Basically, Borisov said the plane is so much better than everything out there, they don't need to build it, which Bronk finds unlikely.

Instead, Russia will stick to what it's good at with upgraded fourth generation aircraft in service instead of the Su-57, which originally was meant to replace the older fighters.

The Su-57, a plane meant to function as a killer of US F-35 and F-22 stealth jets with an innovative array of radars, saw a brief period of combat over Syria, but the deployment only lasted days and didn't pit the jet against any threats befitting a world class fighter.

Initially proposed as a joint project with India, the Su-57 hit trouble when neither side could agree on how to split the production and technological development. After 11 years in the program, India withdrew, leaving Russia to go it alone with a weak economy.

Now, India has been discussed as a potential buyer of the F-35 in another blow to Russia's dream of developing its own fifth-gen fighter.
    Su-57 was never really fifth-generation, and never really stealth

screen%20shot%202018-05-09%20at%20115721%20am.png
    Russian Embassy via Twitter

A senior stealth scientist recently told Business Insider that though the jet claimed a stealthy profile, it had glaring and obvious flaws. A 2016 report from IHS Janes stated the jet was fifth generation "in name only."

But the Su-57 carries a massive payload, and was slated to one day carry nuclear weapons. Like the Su-35 before it, had super maneuverability beyond that of any US jet.

By all means, the Su-57 appeared a next-level dogfighting jet capable of taking out the US's best fighters in close combat, but its failure to integrate stealth meant that getting in close with an F-35 or F-22 seemed an unlikely bet.

Bronk said Russia must have looked at the program and realized that it didn't have the potential, even with upgrades and maturation, to ever work out to be worth the price. At around $40 million a unit, Russia's Su-57 is less than half the price of an F-35, but considerably more expensive than its other jets.

"Russia is more or less admitting defeat in building a feasible fifth-generation fighter," said Bronk.

For that price, according to Bronk, Russia can just put the fancy radars and missiles on its older planes in greater numbers, as the Su-57's airframe was never really stealth in the first place.

Russia is currently working on new tanks, submarines, and nuclear weapons, all of which tax its already large defense budget. With other projects going forward, it appears the Su-57 has become the first casualty of the budget crunch.

Mostly a money issue.

Russia will fall back to flankers and T72s and nukes and missiles for the time being.

It'd be stupid to mass produce Su57 at the current technological reach.

Russia's next step will be to try to squeeze India on Super MKI development so that they can advance Su35. Like they used MKI and MiG29K.

So, I think this story goes something like this:

"I'm a Vietnamese emigrant to the USA and I have no respect for my country of origin. Having no identity like the brown sahibs of the Subcontinent, I'm really good at promoting fake news and propaganda to support my house negro nature"
"So, I'm going to claim that Russia putting the Su-57 into LRIP is actually an endorsement of shutting down the program".
Yeehaaa! Yankee Doodle! White Powa! Hoo Haaa!

What is the current status of the Rafael deal? Did India cancel it? Did the French finally agree to ToT?

India is procuring 36 Rafales off the shelf with no ToT.

India was forced to cancel MMRCA since France did to agree to ToT requests from India. Now India is working on MMRCA 2.0

For MMRCA 2.0,

Rafale, F-16 and F/A-18 are practically out of race as they are not inclined to transfer tech to India.

Gripen and MIG-35 are leading the race with their enticing ToT proposals.

LOL at desperate Americans taking solace out of fake news. I would suggest the Americans to worry about the state of their country. Right now it is divided as ever. Su-57 is the least concern of Americans.

Have somebody actually believed this fairy tale? Must be under 65 IQ people. It is not even fake news. It is fairy news.

You expect honesty from Americans? These are the same Americans that wrecked Iraq, Syria the Middle East and created ISIS. These are the same Americans that blame Russia for hacking US elections. I could go on and on.

The Americans have become a laughing stock. A fvcking TV entertainer is their president.

Fake news.
So India pulling out of the project is also 'fake news'?

Who is going to buy a tank? Pretty much only the government.

What I mean is that when it comes to national defense, whatever you make have a very limited customer base -- the government. Whether it is the US government, the Indian government, or the Chinese government, the customer base is still only one -- the government.

When India dropped the project, that was pretty much the end of the -57. Russia do not have the financial freedom to equip the Russian Air Force with the -57. Spin it any way you like, but the harsh reality is that the -57 is dead. Russia is just dragging out the dying process.

Back
Top Bottom