What's new

Su-57 Program Cancelled

I have waited since 2011 to see this jet get operational. I am truly heart broken if this news is true. :cry::cry:

And another fake news!

Is it? Can you confirm.

Please...Russia doesn't have the funds, technical capability, manufacturing, or quality control to develop a 5th gen platform. Forget 6th gen....

Russia may not have the necessary funds. But tech capability? Do you suggest that the company which made Su 35 can't create a stealth jet? What does it require to attain the necessary technological know how to produce an effective stealth fighter. How did Lokheed achieve it? Besides, what kind of manufacturing and quality control does it require to produce a stealth jet? Why can't Russian production facilities handle the manufacturing process?

SU-57 is a decent fighter and beats anything that India currently operates and all 4+ generator fighters available in the market. The issue was that it was not stealthy and powerful enough to compete with F-22. Also, Russia did not want to share the technology with India just like France did not want to share the technology of Rafale with India.

India pulled out of the program to avoid heavy investments with no ToT. India was open to buying the fighter outright once the fighter was mature enough with Item 30 engine.

What is the current status of the Rafael deal? Did India cancel it? Did the French finally agree to ToT?

What a childish thread - Russia / Soviets have had a long history of first going through initial low rate production before gearing up. This helps iron out problems rather than the ridiculous US method of concurrent production where planes are mass produced even before they have debugged the prototype.

What a childish thread - Russia / Soviets have had a long history of first going through initial low rate production before gearing up. This helps iron out problems rather than the ridiculous US method of concurrent production where planes are mass produced even before they have debugged the prototype.

I think you are talking about the Soviet Union, not Russia today.
Su-57 is the first new fighter developed by Russia, after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
From the current situation, it is not optimistic.

well if true then sad news for aviation .world will have one less choie to enter 5th gen fighter club . nothing to worry about pkistanis as it was not for us but Indians will have no choice then USA now

How to confirm non-fakeness? You need the seal of the Minister of Defense? Fake is fake. I saw dozen of such "news" and I am sure will see another dozen.
The news just says that the mass production of Su-57 is cancelled, but someone here thinks "Su-57 Program Cancelled".

Last edited:
How to confirm non-fakeness? You need the seal of the Minister of Defense? Fake is fake. I saw dozen of such "news" and I am sure will see another dozen.

Well the ministry seal is better :D

The news just says that the mass production of Su-57 is cancelled, but somesone here thinks "Su-57 Program Cancelled".
May be mass production with 4+ gen. stage-1 AL-41F1 engine, like the one in prototypes? Then yes, there will be no more then 12 units with those engines. All mass production is planned with 5 gen. "izdeliye-30" engines.

The last time I checked, Airbus is not an American company...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877705813013933
Airbus designs and industrializes aircrafts under Concurrent Engineering techniques since decades with success.
But am sure you criticized from extensive personal experience in aviation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russ...t-going-into-mass-production-2018-7?r=UK&IR=T

This is bad news for any country wishing to enter the 'stealth' arena. Soviet / Russia is no amateur in the aviation world. They have consistently produced many -- not merely some -- of the world's finest aerodynamicists. But the cancellation of the Su-57 program is an obvious hint that making a viable challenger to the current American 'stealth' platforms is not something that can be done 'on the cheap'. There is a reason why the F-22, F-35, and the B-2 cost the amount they do, and that reason is understandably classified.

Have no doubt, China is NOT taking this news with cheer. When people thinks of aviation firsts, innovations, and pushing the limits, China is not in that list. China must be thinking of the worst case scenario for the Russian Su-57 pilots over Syria -- that they were harassed by the F-22s without knowing where the Americans were. And the Americans in their F-22s do have a history of such aviation trolling. Ask the Iranians. The J-20 is untested outside of China and the J-20 is the Su-57's peer in all aspects of development and timeline. And Russia gave up on the Su-57.
I think that could be potential relief for China as they might find a new potential buyer for J31 ...

Whatever!!!

Indians are gettIng rafales with cloaking devices and they are better than F 22

Russia only has money problem, if Russia and China integrate their military industry, the problem solved.

Article is misleading;

Borisov actually said: "The Su-35 is considered to be one of the best aircrafts produced in the world. Consequently... ", which, unlike the cited statement, at least makes sense.

Basically, Borisov said the plane is so much better than everything out there that Russia doesn't need to build it — a claim Bronk finds unlikely

Basically, the author didn't even bother to check his sources and relied on "The Diplomat" (have never heard of it), and now claims that Borisov is some kind of an idiot saying "Su-57 is the best, so we won't produce it", while he actually said "Su-35 is the best, so we don't see much reason in mass-producing Su-57 right now, we can always do that later".

Back
Top Bottom