What's new

Su-30MKI aircraft displays facing 'blanking off' problems

I doubt there will be any confirmation or denial officially - the Indian military is usually very tight lipped about their equipment and inventory.
Agreed .

Au contraire . The Indian army and govt are usually more than open about their procurements and projects . Even the issues , I would say , are reported openly seeing the coverage on recent accidents in IN . This is surprising coming from you .

Agreed .

Au contraire . The Indian army and govt are usually more than open about their procurements and projects . Even the issues , I would say , are reported openly seeing the coverage on recent accidents in IN . This is surprising coming from you .

About their procurements and projects, yes very open, almost too open. And about issues as well. It's all open. What they are tight lipped about is the sensitive bits, with details. For instance, even now we are not sure which radar goes into the Tejas - elta 2032 or indegenous MMR, or a hybrid of the two. We have to rely on many unofficial sources and make a reasonable guess. What components go into the complex weapon systems, whether a particular squadron has any issues with its aircrafts and so on. I'm sure they will not comment about an ongoing issue with their operational fighters. We'll see.

I doubt there will be any confirmation or denial officially - the Indian military is usually very tight lipped about their equipment and inventory.

The issue is not of the IAF yet. It is reported about certain production batch/craft, i.e. HAL. As long as problem is not with the abilities of HAL, they are not so tight lipped.

I read it actually , that is an indication that other sources believe that " the hacking source " is credible enough to base a news on and the issue warrants further investigation . Something entirely different from the responses , I saw on the previous thread declaring it a Pakistani proganda and therefore , fake .

Any piece of critical information received from any source can be used as intel, and as in this case the info was leaked through hacking of a certain organisation documents, which included hundreds of pages, from which alot of other critical info was also acquired.
Such info leak is very critical and important to any ongoing military program, which is otherwise not available.

Actually MKI had so much of problems when it was bought straight way from Russia without much testing in time of Indo Pak conflicts. HAL took almost a dacade to nail all the problems. This types of small problems keep accuring. It will be sorted out. Not a big deal.

Indians must have used it incorrectly and broke the display. IAF has a poor track record of doing maintenance work on fighters.

Back
Top Bottom