What's new

Study about the world view of Muslim countries

Please don't talk so much if you don't know anything about the culture of Turkey. Turkish culture is not only based on Islam sorry. The Turkish culture is a mosaic of Western, Turkic and Islamic culture.
turkish culture is mostly based on islam, turkish government laws are western, by culture im talking about how average people live, but im also excluding alawis, majority of hardcore kemalists are alawis i heard.

We have a unique culture and we are also proud of that. Many Turks in Western Turkey would laugh at you know as this region in Turkey is a secular kemalist stronghold.
ok... but im still wondering what is or was turkish culture before islam. what was turkey before islam? nothing.
besides an empire or two thousands of years ago but those empires aren't even worthy of being mentioned out side of turkey.

Turks are proud of their pre-Islamic culture unlike you guys
ok good for you, what do you have to be proud of anyways? islam gave you turks an identity and united you into a great country, it gave you istanbul.
it just shows that you don't have a clue about the culture of Turkish people if you think that we practice arranged marriages. We don't practice backward traditions like arranged marriages unlike you Pakistanis. We have arranged marriages yes but mostly in Kurdish regions like Southeastern Anatolia.
well shows how much you know about turkey lmao, do you even live in turkey? never mind turkey i know turkish people here in rochester ny who went home for arranged marriages, they might not happen in big cities in turkey but arranged marriages happen alot in turkey, i know dozens of turkish people here in rochester so bro don't lie to me about your culture and practices i know turkish people and their culture very good.

What's so bad to be secular anyway?Secular states were and will be always more progressive than radical Islamic states like Pakistan.

why are head scarfs banned in government buildings? whats progressive about that? turkey has been secular for almost a 100 years and it is still not considered developed.
look at greece it is considered a develop nation. turkey and greece were at the same level 100 years ago. why is turkey still behind? you see its not about being secular but being white non-muslims, all the white nations that are not muslims are developed because they help each other, turkey being a muslim nation is the same reason why EU didnt let you guys join!!!
look at iran and malaysia they are not secular but they are at the same level or better then turkey.
Turks can be very proud about their pre-Islamic time. We build many empires and we had even our own alphabet

Göktürks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old Turkic alphabet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

what was turkey before islam took over?

if turkey has its own alphabet than why don't you people use it? why do you use latin alphabet?

Please don't talk so much if you don't know anything about the culture of Turkey. Turkish culture is not only based on Islam sorry. The Turkish culture is a mosaic of Western, Turkic and Islamic culture. We have a unique culture and we are also proud of that. Many Turks in Western Turkey would laugh at you know as this region in Turkey is a secular kemalist stronghold. Turks are proud of their pre-Islamic culture unlike you guys. It just shows that you don't have a clue about the culture of Turkish people if you think that we practice arranged marriages. We don't practice backward traditions like arranged marriages unlike you Pakistanis. We have arranged marriages yes but mostly in Kurdish regions like Southeastern Anatolia. What's so bad to be secular anyway? Secular states were and will be always more progressive than radical Islamic states like Pakistan.

Turks can be very proud about their pre-Islamic time. We build many empires and we had even our own alphabet

Göktürks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old Turkic alphabet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sen niye muhatap oluyon? Just don't reply to him and stop trying to boast about ourselves, usually that should be done by others.

turkish culture is mostly based on islam, turkish government laws are western, by culture im talking about how average people live, but im also excluding alawis, majority of hardcore kemalists are alawis i heard.

ok... but im still wondering what is or was turkish culture before islam. what was turkey before islam? nothing.
besides an empire or two thousands of years ago but those empires aren't even worthy of being mentioned out side of turkey.

ok good for you, what do you have to be proud of anyways? islam gave you turks an identity and united you into a great country, it gave you istanbul.

well shows how much you know about turkey lmao, do you even live in turkey? never mind turkey i know turkish people here in rochester ny who went home for arranged marriages, they might not happen in big cities in turkey but arranged marriages happen alot in turkey, i know dozens of turkish people here in rochester so bro don't lie to me about your culture and practices i know turkish people and their culture very good.

why are head scarfs banned in government buildings? whats progressive about that? turkey has been secular for almost a 100 years and it is still not considered developed.
look at greece it is considered a develop nation. turkey and greece were at the same level 100 years ago. why is turkey still behind? you see its not about being secular but being white non-muslims, all the white nations that are not muslims are developed because they help each other, turkey being a muslim nation is the same reason why EU didnt let you guys join!!!
look at iran and malaysia they are not secular but they are at the same level or better then turkey.

if turkey has its own alphabet than why don't you people use it? why do you use latin alphabet?

What's it to you about us, stop acting like you know turkish people so much and say we are this we are that. You seem to be a brainwashed person. Your talking like you know alot but you seem to know nothing.

I don't want to discuss with braindead persons but I think I must do it know. Turks had a great history before Islam. You are just too ignorant to face it. Just read the articles about Gökturks and the old Turkic alphabet and you will realize that we had a great culture before Islam. The majority of kemalists aren't only Alevis. There are also many Sunni kemalists.

Turks had an identity before Islam. Where do you think did the name of Gökturks came from? Our history doesn't beginn with the birth of Muhammed or with Arab invaders who screwed your ancestors unlike you.

If you know Turks in Rochester who practice arranged marriages than good for you. In my surroundings and all Turks who I know don't practice this backward tradition. Turks are culturally very diverse so it's normal that we have even Turks today who practice this tradition but the MAJORITY of Turks don't practice arranged marriages. You weren't even in Turkey so don't talk so big that you know our culture just because of some Turks in Rochester.

Headscarfs aren't proibited Turkey anymore. You can go with a headscarf to universities, schools and everywhere where you want. Iran might be economically successful but the state is very poor when it comes to basic human rights. The same goes for Malaysia.

I don't know why our ancestors gave up their old Turkic alphabet but it's good that we turks write in the Latin Alphabet today as the majority of Turks were illiterate in the Ottoman empire. The Ottomans wrote in the Arabic alphabet but the majority of people couldn't write or read it. Why should we use the Arabic alphabet anyway? We are neither culturally nor linguistically related to Arabs. The Latin Alphabet is the most easy alphabet to learn and it fits perfectly to us and most of us are also happy with that

Have your heard about Tengrism? That was our religion before Islam

Tengrism (sometimes stylized as Tengriism), occasionally referred to as Tengrianism (Turkish: Tengricilik, Old Turkic:Orkhon.svg, Azerbaijani: Tenqriçilik, Turkmen: Taňryçylyk, Mongolian: Тэнгэр шүтлэг, Russian: Тенгрианство, Chinese: 腾格里), is a modern term[2] for a Central Asian religion characterized by features of shamanism, animism, totemism, both polytheism and monotheism,[3][4][5] and ancestor worship. Historically, it was the mainstream religion of the Turks, Mongols, Hungarians, and Bulgars as well as the Xiongnu and the Huns.[6][7] It was the state religion of the six ancient Turkic states: Göktürks Khaganate, Avar Khaganate, Western Turkic Khaganate, Great Bulgaria, Bulgarian Empire and Eastern Tourkia.
Tengrism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sen niye muhatap oluyon? Just don't reply to him and stop trying to boast about ourselves, usually that should be done by others.

Böyle insanlar beni sinir ediyor kusura bakma. Adam bizden bir bok bilmiyor. Konusup duruyor sanki bütün Türkiye'yi gezmis. Türkiye'yi Arap ülkesi zannediyor galiba

Böyle insanlar beni sinir ediyor kusura bakma. Adam bizden bir bok bilmiyor. Konusup duruyor sanki bütün Türkiye'yi gezmis. Türkiye'yi Arap ülkesi zannediyor galiba

Beni de sinir ediyor bazen küfür edesim geliyor böylelerine ama bunun beyni yıkanmış saçma sapan konuşuyor.

What's it to you about us, stop acting like you know turkish people so much and say we are this we are that. You seem to be a brainwashed person. Your talking like you know alot but you seem to know nothing.

making statements like this is useless unless you actually prove something i said wrong.

''look at iran and malaysia they are not secular but they are at the same level or better then turkey.''

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ld-view-muslim-countries-4.html#ixzz2exqeBOMV
Malaysia i understand but Iran?
Dont even want to answer that,you should get over it ,really!

so your saying iran is not semi developed? its doing pretty darn good last time i checked.

Turkey vs. Iran - economy comparison

look at this chart it compares turkey and iran side by side lol.im really proud of iran that a muslim country is doing really good without kissing *** of the west

i think the only reason your offended is becuase your a alevi.
i have nothing to gain from turkey being an islamic country or not, but i jus assume or make judgements on what i see or hear from your fellow turkish people.
just look at who is in power in turkey an islamic leaning party.

Beni de sinir ediyor bazen küfür edesim geliyor böylelerine ama bunun beyni yıkanmış saçma sapan konuşuyor.
perhaps you shouldn't be on the internet if you can't take criticism or different points of view. this is the problem with you secularists anybody who doesn't agree with you is brainwashed yet you fail to disprove anything we say, grow up and come to the 21st century

i think the only reason your offended is becuase your a alevi.
i have nothing to gain from turkey being an islamic country or not, but i jus assume or make judgements on what i see or hear from your fellow turkish people.
just look at who is in power in turkey an islamic leaning party.

perhaps you shouldn't be on the internet if you can't take criticism or different points of view. this is the problem with you secularists anybody who doesn't agree with you is brainwashed yet you fail to disprove anything we say, grow up and come to the 21st century

Most people vote for AKP because of economically reasons. CHP the secular republican party and MHP the nationalist party are not electable for most Turks because of their inable leaders though Western Turkey is still a CHP stronghold alone because of Ataturk

I'm only angry about it that you think that you have a clue about the culture of Turks and Turkey. It just shows that you don't know much about Turkey when you think that our culture is only based on Islam

Don't worry I'm not an Alevi. All my relatives and my family consider themselves as Sunni Muslims though I myself have chose to be agnostic

It's totally ridiculous when you say that I should arrive in the 21th century when you see backward traditions like arranged marriages as a normal thing in your society:lol:

Most people vote for AKP because of economically reasons. CHP the secular republican party and MHP the nationalist party are not electable for most Turks because of their inable leaders though Western Turkey is still a CHP stronghold alone because of Ataturk

I'm only angry about it that you think that you have a clue about the culture of Turks and Turkey. It just shows that you don't know much about Turkey when you think that our culture is only based on Islam

Don't worry I'm not an Alevi. All my relatives and my family consider themselves as Sunni Muslims though I myself have chose to be agnostic
You shouldnt feel obliged to answer,if he feels that way let him be.
Dont take evry poster serious here,some cant handle it.
In time you will see whome to take serious and whome not.
We know who we are!

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom