What's new

Student politics: a brief history

What part of it needs a bit more controlled did you not get??????

Student politics are a very key part of society you can see my post above and read a bit of history.

and what part of my argument is not clear to you???

Get your head out of the hole and read first before responding ...

Control or no control ... there is no need for Student Political Organizations!!

Well their is all the revolutions of the world that had taken place through student demonstrations and students have the zeal. Even Islamic revolution was started by students.

Islami-Jamiat-i-Taleba (IJT)

The student wing of the Jamaat-i-Islami (JI). Repeatedly defeated by the NSF in student union elections in the 1960s. Gained electoral strength in the early 1970s and sustained the momentum through the decade. Played a significant role in the 1977 movement against the Z A Bhutto regime. Accused of introducing firearms in student politics when some members fired upon an NSF rally at the University of Karachi in 1979.

The IJT became more violent after student politics were banned in 1982 by Ziaul Haq. Eventually it lost ground in Karachi to the rise of the All Pakistan Muttehida Students Organisation (APMSO) in the late 1980s. It showed unimpressive performance in Punjab when student union elections were briefly revived by the first Benazir Bhutto government in 1989.A more populist faction broke away in early 1990s and formed Pasban.

Ideology: Islamist (1960s-70s-80s-90s-2000s).

Famous former members: Liaquat Baloch (former minister); Shaikh Rashid Ahmed (former minister); Mohammad Ali Durrani (former minister); Hussain Haqqani; Farid Paracha.

islami Jamiat Talba is actually not the student wing of Jumat Islami..
The diploma of IJT is totally different from JI..u said that pasban is a part of IJT but its again wrong,,Pasban was one of the wing of JI but later on they have decided to seperate from JI due to some reasons..maybe JI is a political party nd pasban is a social party..
the role of IJT defined incorectly...this party is not involving in politics but in some cases..due to its diploma no ones want to see them super..it is a big student party n its one wing is also working in Bangladesh (Islami Chatro Shinghoo)..
soon the election of student union will start nd hope that this party will win with distinction:pakistan:

There cannot be a true revolution in the country unless and until the youth take it upon themselves. Students Unions should not only be permitted, but promoted. However, Students Union should deal in unity and brotherhood, i.e., instead of forming groups that support political parties, they should create groups that involve supporters of various political parties. Getting involved in politics, becoming a voice for the nation's youth and underpriveleged is not only the right, but the responsibility of every single University/College student. Anyone who bans student groups is clearly threatened by their existence, and should be immediately stood-up to, because he/she wants to deny the most educated and motivated population of the country their rights.

However, our youth is too busy watching Bollywood movies and trying to "Westernize" themselves to take any interest in the country. What they don't understand is that there is a difference between "Westernization" and "Modernization". We are going the way of India, where the youth is in a pathetic situation of being neither Indian not Western, but stuck somewhere in between ("dhobi ka *****, na ghar ka na ghat ka" situation). Many youngsters know every single thing there is to know about their favourite Indian hero, but nothing about their own political leaders. Just like the nation at large, the youth too needs proper leadership and guidance. InshAllah, one day they will have it.

There cannot be a true revolution in the country unless and until the youth take it upon themselves. Students Unions should not only be permitted, but promoted. However, Students Union should deal in unity and brotherhood, i.e., instead of forming groups that support political parties, they should create groups that involve supporters of various political parties. Getting involved in politics, becoming a voice for the nation's youth and underpriveleged is not only the right, but the responsibility of every single University/College student. Anyone who bans student groups is clearly threatened by their existence, and should be immediately stood-up to, because he/she wants to deny the most educated and motivated population of the country their rights.

However, our youth is too busy watching Bollywood movies and trying to Westernize to take any interest in the country. What they don't understand is that their is a difference between "Westernization" and "Modernization". Just like the nation at large, the youth too needs proper leadership and guidance. InshAllah, one day I hope to provide that.

i agree..
supporting the political parties give nthing..student only loose their identity ..we have to encourage student union ..
our youth should know whats going on in their country..watching movies nd living in dreams is not the life of muslim student specially..there r many fields waiting for them..if they didnt realize their selves they will loose their destiny..:pakistan:

Why do we need a revolution in Pakistan?

Why not talk about solving our problems through an elected Parliament and rule of law?

Would you let your kids join a student union or a student political group in Pakistan?

Please don't ask for something that you can't do yourself.

If a revolution comes in Pakistan then all those who are supporting it today will be the first ones to close their doors and windows.

Lets not discuss families or other people.

We need a revoution because we still are not a developed country.

The student organistations help the parties in th parliament and groom the future politicians.

I don't have any kids so when I will I will send them to choose who they wish to elect for.

I have done student campaigning before.

Once again you don't know personally the people on the forum so please refrain from such words.

We need a revoution because we still are not a developed country.

This is a lame excuse. No change is overnight, Propohet Mouhammed (PBUH) didn't change anything over night and not because he couldn't have but because he wanted to set up and example.

We are a nation who can't tolerate anything, first we need to provide education to the masses so that they can understand Islam and their basic rights.

If an eighteen year is able to vote then it is the politicians' job to bring these voters to their gatherings and not the job of fellow students to convince them about a certain agenda.

Did you compaign in Isloo?

Revolutions take place over night the fact that the Quraish tribe was decieved and the Hijrat occured was a revolution for they were the most powerfull tribe and to defy them was nothing short of a revolution, and then the religion grew. Same case if we dufy and stop our leaders freom being corrupt and then we can set an example.

We are a nation who can't tolerate anything, first we need to provide education to the masses so that they can understand Islam and their basic rights.

I have said that in almost every post on national political issues and I agree with you on that.

The student organistaion are the volunteers that help the politicians campaign promote their parties agenda I thin the system should change and viloence avoided but student politics to remain intact.

Why do we need a revolution in Pakistan?

Why not talk about solving our problems through an elected Parliament and rule of law?

Would you let your kids join a student union or a student political group in Pakistan?

Please don't ask for something that you can't do yourself.

If a revolution comes in Pakistan then all those who are supporting it today will be the first ones to close their doors and windows.

bro
if ur kids r not familiar with politics thn what will u xpect them in future..the leaders of present r the best xapmles..
student politics is very imp but with in limits.....take a simple of this website..we r doing a gr8 job..this is also politics but student politics

bro
if ur kids r not familiar with politics thn what will u xpect them in future..the leaders of present r the best xapmles..
student politics is very imp but with in limits.....take a simple of this website..we r doing a gr8 job..this is also politics but student politics

This is a forum and here people discuss their opinions and I think that SSGPA1 is a member who views student politics from examples seen like the bloodshed in Karachi or the mass vandalism in Peshawar I agree on alot of accounts that reform needs to take place and one thing that should be done is the fact that students should openly not vote for the parties that perform rebel activities in our prestgous universities maybe things might just start getting better.

This is a forum and here people discuss their opinions and I think that SSGPA1 is a member who views student politics from examples seen like the bloodshed in Karachi or the mass vandalism in Peshawar I agree on alot of accounts that reform needs to take place and one thing that should be done is the fact that students should openly not vote for the parties that perform rebel activities in our prestgous universities maybe things might just start getting better.

i m agree with u sir g..ok leave the parties..but take the Union. if we havent any union who will hear us thn..union is actually gathering of student parties ..if they have any difficulties they tel to GOv..with out any union n parties u cant do anything..
blood shede in Karachi nd peshawar is actually our mistake ..we dont want this ..but who did this ..he did wrong..in peshawar there is nthing wrong..al parties r sharing their views nd live with brotherhood..news of any bloodsheded in peshawar is wrong..i m sure

i m agree with u sir g..ok leave the parties..but take the Union. if we havent any union who will hear us thn..union is actually gathering of student parties ..if they have any difficulties they tel to GOv..with out any union n parties u cant do anything..
blood shede in Karachi nd peshawar is actually our mistake ..we dont want this ..but who did this ..he did wrong..in peshawar there is nthing wrong..al parties r sharing their views nd live with brotherhood..news of any bloodsheded in peshawar is wrong..i m sure

Unions have done more harm than good for now but I am sure that with reform a lot of the situation can change and I understand a union is neccesary. If parties are held responsible for the actions of their student political organistaions things will fix themselves.

U can never say that politics in educational Institutes is a blunder or not fruitful for academic environment

because from these YOUTH we get our Future leaders.so it is an essential part in student grooming.

and though i don't know much about history of pakistan movment but the importance of YOUTH in pakistan movement can never be denied.and it's importance can be realized by speeches of Quaid e Azam and other Leaders.

but the thing is that YOUTH should not use it negatively.

and our most leaderz in current political parties started their carrier from student life namely Javed Hashmi Liaquat Baloch Shaikh Rasheed Jahangir Badar Altaf hussain alll started their struggle from student life.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom